Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

He has a new CONTRACT

13»

Comments

• JECARJECAR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Baseman said:

Went cheap again but he bought it

He will get extended again with a raise if he continues to succeed. More and more programs will offer $$$ and UW will keep up.

This is much better than your favorite example of ol Mel
    Continues? He lost to mother fucking ASU.
    He also beat a top 10 Oregon (first time in program history with plenty of chances)

In Eugene

After a record Duck home winning street.

ASU loss sucked ass, don't twist.

But your shtick on this topic is stale.
    Your dooging and low expectations are stale.

He lost to a team with a losing record. Who has a coach with barley a pulse. Winners win when they are supposed to win. Not lose to a POS trash team that knocks them out of a realistic shot at a championship.

I’m sure the ducks were ecstatic after beating UW in 2000 and then watching UW win the pac 10 because they lost a game they should have won.

Beat Oregon, nothing else matters
    Sounds like you care. 15 Or did I read its 18 games? Or was it 20?

Enjoy the games, make notes then offer your final analysis Nov '23
    He cares that UW lost to ASU, because UW managed to defy the script in Eugene

Prior to that, he did not care. But suddenly this ragtag UW team is championship caliber. LOL
    I care. A lot. That's probably our biggest difference.

I haven't changed. Not 1 bit.

The could be championship caliber. But they aren't. Because they fucked up an easy win. Champions don't fuck up easy wins.

You Doogs mock me for not wanting to settle for the Wisconsin of the west. We should be the Ohio State of the west. But Doogs are happy with good enough.
    So, this extension comes after Dennis Dodd says that Nebraska also has a boner for Deboner. We can agree that the ASU loss is fucktarded as the Oregon win was glorious.

If Deboner was willing to walk at a Nebraska offer, would you not have extended him also at this point?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

He will get extended again with a raise if he continues to succeed. More and more programs will offer $$$ and UW will keep up.

He also beat a top 10 Oregon (first time in program history with plenty of chances)

In Eugene

He lost to a team with a losing record. Who has a coach with barley a pulse. Winners win when they are supposed to win. Not lose to a POS trash team that knocks them out of a realistic shot at a championship.

I’m sure the ducks were ecstatic after beating UW in 2000 and then watching UW win the pac 10 because they lost a game they should have won.

Prior to that, he did not care. But suddenly this ragtag UW team is championship caliber. LOL

The could be championship caliber. But they aren't. Because they fucked up an easy win. Champions don't fuck up easy wins.

You Doogs mock me for not wanting to settle for the Wisconsin of the west. We should be the Ohio State of the west. But Doogs are happy with good enough.
    No. Heard we're supposed to wait 18-20 games before concluding if Deboer is the guy. Or not.

Note: Don James first 18-20 wasn't so hot.
    Do you actually think the judgment is based on the w/l record? We’ve been over this. Many times.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

He will only succeed if he goes out and gets a decent QB in the portal again. Morris blows chunks and Huard can transfer for all I care.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    RoadTrip said:

He will only succeed if he goes out and gets a decent QB in the portal again. Morris blows chunks and Huard can transfer for all I care.
    Morris might surprise some folks on here. Or not.

50% transfer starter
    45% Morris
    4% Keinholz
    1% Huard
    Founders Club

Baseman said:

In Eugene

Northwestern
    "We're" smarter than a bunch of cheeseheads
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

50% transfer starter
    45% Morris
    4% Keinholz
    1% Huard
    So the 1st 2 years you watched him suck were aborations? He's suddenly going to get taller than his real 5'10" height and throw an accurate pass? Morris is simply average at best and with him at QB there's really no reason to give much of a shit. With him in DB's offense, this team is a 6 or 7 win team tops and more likely not a bowl game team.
    Founders Club
    RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

50% transfer starter
    45% Morris
    4% Keinholz
    1% Huard
    So the 1st 2 years you watched him suck were aborations? He's suddenly going to get taller than his real 5'10" height and throw an accurate pass? Morris is simply average at best and with him at QB there's really no reason to give much of a shit. With him in DB's offense, this team is a 6 or 7 win team tops and more likely not a bowl game team.
    He doesnt have Jon Don as a coordinator or Jimmy Lake as a coach

Hth
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656
    What's the buyout clause?

May have taken less and negotiated a $1 skip town fee.

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,388
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

What's the buyout clause?

May have taken less and negotiated a $1 skip town fee.

I believe it was quoted at $10 million.
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

That's a pretty modest raise.

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

50% transfer starter
    45% Morris
    4% Keinholz
    1% Huard
    He doesnt have Jon Don as a coordinator or Jimmy Lake as a coach

Hth
    He looked pretty bad out there against buff. It's not just his throwing. He's panic stricken and incapable of running a rhythm passing offense like Penix does.
    He would have looked better if Westover didnt have a pass bounce of his hands for an int. 1 TD in 2 drives leading the 2nd/3rd string isnt that bad.

Im still predicting a transfer starter, but Morris isnt what would hold the team back from 9/10 wins in 2023. It would be the defense.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

In Eugene

No. Heard we're supposed to wait 18-20 games before concluding if Deboer is the guy. Or not.

Do you actually think the judgment is based on the w/l record? We’ve been over this. Many times.
    I'm not discussing this again until he coaches 18 games, maybe 20. I haven't decided yet
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

In Eugene

I'm not discussing this again until he coaches 18 games, maybe 20. I haven't decided yet
    Promise?
  • FireFireCohenFireFireCohen Member Posts: 73
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Probably just a gesture of goodwill. Would not be shocked if some moron tries to overpay him. Hopefully he is able attract more transfer quarterbacks. Otherwise we are fucked with Dylan/huard combo

@FireDeBoer
    Now more than ever @FireCohen @FireFireCohen
    Damn straight.