Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Rome’s dad……

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    chuck said:

chuck said:

McMillan has really played well the past couple of games. The play by play guys have highlighted his route running a couple of times and that's the difference. He's getting open. Odunze is big and fast but doesn't have the same quicks and obviously hasn't worked as hard on his routes. I think he's a great college receiver, but not so dominant that he gets a quota of touches. He definitely is no Reggie or we would have seen him house some long ones by now.

I'm telling his Dad.

X-fer portal incoming.
    Maybe. He was going to leave one way or the other anyways.

Rome is good and a lot of people have posted as much, but your comment about people lining up to blow him was damone or quook levels of hyperbole.
    Do you mean to say that people would actually volunteer to actually blow his cockus? Yes, hyperbole. Do you mean that people were fucking hyped af about this guy, and rightfully so? No, not hyperbole.

Tequilla said:

I’m glad James Odunze isn’t silent

The rot within this Athletic Department is deep and the general laziness shows on so many fronts.

Change and improvement doesn’t occur by being silent … silence just enables the status quo

If you didn’t follow any other program maybe you’d have the head in the sand enough to think the UW AD was fine. But this world that exists that enables their behavior and settles for mediocrity (at best) is absolutely terrible

And peeps are crazy if they think Rome’s returning

Okay, but that's decidedly not who he's blaming. Read the second tweet - he's clearly ranting about Deboer and flat out asserting that we should've targeted Rome more in the Oregon win. He's not mad about a lack of AD competence and support, he's just mad because coach didn't give his son the ball more.

Any parent who publicly bitches about his son's playing time, especially in the middle of a five game winning streak and the best program win in two decades, can fuck off.
    The Oregon game was so close, yeah, you say fuck off, we can't think about your kid's individual awards. Every possession counts. Colorado though? They had an entire game within which to think about what they were going to have for dinner that night. I can understand the frustration with Colorado.
    Should Deboner have padded Rome's stats against CU? I guess. But the dinner plans you mentioned probably carry as much weight as being a perfunctory finalist for a positional award.

Either way, Rome is playing in one of the most high octane offense with arguably the best QB in the country. None of that is happening without Deboner. So his dad can yell all he wants, he just shouldn't expect anyone to care.
    Uh, not sure what any of what you wrote functions as a response to what I wrote, other than "I guess," I guess. But I'm glad you got all that off your chest.

Two weeks ago, every Dwag on this forum would have lined up to give Rome a BJ. You? assholes fall in and out of love easily and quickly. Yeah, fathers are a pain in the ass. Get used to it. Or are you really worried that UW's season is going to go to shit over what some guy tweeted on twitter? Please.
    I'm just here to beat get it off my chest
    I just understand college football, not try hard shit.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

McMillan has really played well the past couple of games. The play by play guys have highlighted his route running a couple of times and that's the difference. He's getting open. Odunze is big and fast but doesn't have the same quicks and obviously hasn't worked as hard on his routes. I think he's a great college receiver, but not so dominant that he gets a quota of touches. He definitely is no Reggie or we would have seen him house some long ones by now.

I'm telling his Dad.

X-fer portal incoming.

Rome is good and a lot of people have posted as much, but your comment about people lining up to blow him was damone or quook levels of hyperbole.
    Do you mean to say that people would actually volunteer to actually blow his cockus? Yes, hyperbole. Do you mean that people were fucking hyped af about this guy, and rightfully so? No, not hyperbole.
    I mean that UW fans get excited...hyped one might say...when players are good. I also mean that it doesn't make for a strong argument when you go full, hyperbolic retard with statements like "lining up to blow him".
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,261
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And yes, new bored slogan.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I'm telling his Dad.

X-fer portal incoming.

I mean that UW fans get excited...hyped one might say...when players are good. I also mean that it doesn't make for a strong argument when you go full, hyperbolic retard with statements like "lining up to blow him".
    Creep knows the audience here. As King of the Doogs, you should also know this.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I'm telling his Dad.

X-fer portal incoming.

Are you new here? This place is based on full, hyperbolic retardation.
    I.e. dooging
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I'm telling his Dad.

X-fer portal incoming.

Creep knows the audience here. As King of the Doogs, you should also know this.
    More impotent foot stomping with no basis in reality.

Stick to things that actually happen or are said, calm down with the red faced shouting, and you might be something more than a case study/curiosity around here. You are occasionally right about things.
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I'm telling his Dad.

X-fer portal incoming.

Oh, I see. You thought you were in philosophy class.

Sorry. Savery Hall is the first building on the left when you enter the quad from Red Square.
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I'm telling his Dad.

X-fer portal incoming.

Sorry. Savery Hall is the first building on the left when you enter the quad from Red Square.
    No, not quite. More hyperbole.

It really doesn't matter. Your point was bull shit. I gave you a little shit and I'm sure that, once you de-sand, you'll be fine with it.
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I'm telling his Dad.

X-fer portal incoming.

It really doesn't matter. Your point was bull shit. I gave you a little shit and I'm sure that, once you de-sand, you'll be fine with it.
    You are being unreasonable. Still think Dad has a point about Colorado. Individual awards are not nothing. Entire fan base has been on Rome’s jock (not literally). Hard to understand how you think you just proved that to be bullshit. Also, I just crossed my DRGTMOAF line, so you can have the last word.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,047
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I'm telling his Dad.

X-fer portal incoming.

Jeez. Odunze was the better wr for the first half of the season and everyone here justifiably hyped him as such. Theres no reason to revise history
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rome didn't play vs. Portland State and I don't think it was injury related but not sure.

He's probably over the 1000 yards if he had.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,098
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I'm telling his Dad.

X-fer portal incoming.

It's really nice since they redid it.

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I'm telling his Dad.

X-fer portal incoming.

It's really nice since they redid it.
    Haven’t been inside in years. The Mrs. and I walk the campus all the tim for old people exercise. Will have to pop in. Only a handful of the profs are there from my time now … guys who were just starting out when I pretended to attend.

Glad to hear they’re taking care of the old buildings. A lot of schools let them get too far into disrepair and then it becomes economically infeasible to maintain or fix. Campus is one of UW’s top selling poonts IMO.
    edited November 2022
    Damn right MartinHarrison Stadium isn’t Husky Satdium.

Predicting more targets for Rome this game. He also dominates the hair game.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club
    edited November 2022

It might be that Rome's dad cares more than Rome. Sports parents nowadays are all almost 100% retarded.

McMillan has been a more consistent pass catcher throughout his career. This board used to rip Rome for stone hands, me included. Could be a factor.

Why doesn't Rome's dad go after Penix? I heard he's the one passing the actual ball.

SO you're saying Kingdome Urinals made a man out of Odunze?
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I'm telling his Dad.

X-fer portal incoming.

You are being unreasonable. Still think Dad has a point about Colorado. Individual awards are not nothing. Entire fan base has been on Rome’s jock (not literally). Hard to understand how you think you just proved that to be bullshit. Also, I just crossed my DRGTMOAF line, so you can have the last word.
    Sorry about that creep. I was being kind of a shithead yesterday. I knew it at the time and am shaking my head now.

The "lining up to blow him" statement annoyed me. It wasn't directed at me, since I haven't posted anything about Odunze being great since he was still a TBS prospect, so I don't know why it warranted a combative response from me. Is what it is now.
    No worries man. I’ve shown my ass way more here. All good.