Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Rome’s dad……

Comments

• FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Quite honestly Mitch, my biggest surprise from these comments is that Peterman stuck with recruiting Rome in the first place
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Kinda wanted Germie Bernard back from MSU
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Tequilla said:

I’m glad James Odunze isn’t silent

The rot within this Athletic Department is deep and the general laziness shows on so many fronts.

Change and improvement doesn’t occur by being silent … silence just enables the status quo

If you didn’t follow any other program maybe you’d have the head in the sand enough to think the UW AD was fine. But this world that exists that enables their behavior and settles for mediocrity (at best) is absolutely terrible

And peeps are crazy if they think Rome’s returning

Okay, but that's decidedly not who he's blaming. Read the second tweet - he's clearly ranting about Deboer and flat out asserting that we should've targeted Rome more in the Oregon win. He's not mad about a lack of AD competence and support, he's just mad because coach didn't give his son the ball more.

Any parent who publicly bitches about his son's playing time, especially in the middle of a five game winning streak and the best program win in two decades, can fuck off.
    The Oregon game was so close, yeah, you say fuck off, we can't think about your kid's individual awards. Every possession counts. Colorado though? They had an entire game within which to think about what they were going to have for dinner that night. I can understand the frustration with Colorado.
    Should Deboner have padded Rome's stats against CU? I guess. But the dinner plans you mentioned probably carry as much weight as being a perfunctory finalist for a positional award.

Either way, Rome is playing in one of the most high octane offense with arguably the best QB in the country. None of that is happening without Deboner. So his dad can yell all he wants, he just shouldn't expect anyone to care.
    Uh, not sure what any of what you wrote functions as a response to what I wrote, other than "I guess," I guess. But I'm glad you got all that off your chest.

Two weeks ago, every Dwag on this forum would have lined up to give Rome a BJ. You? assholes fall in and out of love easily and quickly. Yeah, fathers are a pain in the ass. Get used to it. Or are you really worried that UW's season is going to go to shit over what some guy tweeted on twitter? Please.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,388
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

The rot within this Athletic Department is deep and the general laziness shows on so many fronts.

Change and improvement doesn’t occur by being silent … silence just enables the status quo

If you didn’t follow any other program maybe you’d have the head in the sand enough to think the UW AD was fine. But this world that exists that enables their behavior and settles for mediocrity (at best) is absolutely terrible

Okay, but that's decidedly not who he's blaming. Read the second tweet - he's clearly ranting about Deboer and flat out asserting that we should've targeted Rome more in the Oregon win. He's not mad about a lack of AD competence and support, he's just mad because coach didn't give his son the ball more.

Any parent who publicly bitches about his son's playing time, especially in the middle of a five game winning streak and the best program win in two decades, can fuck off.
    The Oregon game was so close, yeah, you say fuck off, we can't think about your kid's individual awards. Every possession counts. Colorado though? They had an entire game within which to think about what they were going to have for dinner that night. I can understand the frustration with Colorado.
    Should Deboner have padded Rome's stats against CU? I guess. But the dinner plans you mentioned probably carry as much weight as being a perfunctory finalist for a positional award.

Either way, Rome is playing in one of the most high octane offense with arguably the best QB in the country. None of that is happening without Deboner. So his dad can yell all he wants, he just shouldn't expect anyone to care.
    I LOVE the receivers. None really have appeared to be a Reggie Williams though where they are a one man army that can make their own plays. It seems Deboer's system and Penix' ability has done wonders for them.

With awards, I wouldn't be surprised is UW's administration is half assing it, especially given I think these awards are now super open to pay for play and being influenced by hype. You're competing against a program that somehow got Ugo Amadi the Lombardi Award.

Not even just for awards, hyping up your players more than they are and I think has even started to affect NFL Draft stock more and more. There's some recent Pac-12 guys who went way higher than they should have because their school's marketing teams force fed everyone about how good and elite they were like we are all foie gras ducks.

Tequilla said:

Not even just for awards, hyping up your players more than they are and I think has even started to affect NFL Draft stock more and more. There's some recent Pac-12 guys who went way higher than they should have because their school's marketing teams force fed everyone about how good and elite they were like we are all foie gras ducks.
    You don't really believe this, do you?
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    McMillan has really played well the past couple of games. The play by play guys have highlighted his route running a couple of times and that's the difference. He's getting open. Odunze is big and fast but doesn't have the same quicks and obviously hasn't worked as hard on his routes. I think he's a great college receiver, but not so dominant that he gets a quota of touches. He definitely is no Reggie or we would have seen him house some long ones by now.
    chuck said:

McMillan has really played well the past couple of games. The play by play guys have highlighted his route running a couple of times and that's the difference. He's getting open. Odunze is big and fast but doesn't have the same quicks and obviously hasn't worked as hard on his routes. I think he's a great college receiver, but not so dominant that he gets a quota of touches. He definitely is no Reggie or we would have seen him house some long ones by now.

I'm telling his Dad.

X-fer portal incoming.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,388
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

You don't really believe this, do you?
    Fuck yes.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

Uh, not sure what any of what you wrote functions as a response to what I wrote, other than "I guess," I guess. But I'm glad you got all that off your chest.

Two weeks ago, every Dwag on this forum would have lined up to give Rome a BJ. You? assholes fall in and out of love easily and quickly. Yeah, fathers are a pain in the ass. Get used to it. Or are you really worried that UW's season is going to go to shit over what some guy tweeted on twitter? Please.
    Yep. I hear parents are free to pick up their kids if they so desire.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I'm telling his Dad.

X-fer portal incoming.
    Maybe. He was going to leave one way or the other anyways.

Rome is good and a lot of people have posted as much, but your comment about people lining up to blow him was damone or quook levels of hyperbole.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428

This thread sucks. McMillan and Odunze have identical numbers this year. Both are great. Odunze’s dad has always been extremely vocal, not a shocker he is upset.

Agree, but the AD should be doing a better job of promoting and managing the program. Then again, that statement could/should belong in any thread here and still feel appropriate.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147

Tequilla said:

I'm just here to beat get it off my chest
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

You expect something different from doogs?