Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Keinholz

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,956
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I hear I’m too negative about the state of this program

Can’t wait to see how people spin this as a positive

I’ll continue to enjoy 11-0 and where that ride is going and a program that seems to understand how to get shit done in the current college environment

You aren’t too negative but you have been consistently wrong about most things this year.

This 11-0 for TCU is a mirage. Take all the screenshots you need. It won’t happen again.
    What part have I been wrong about?

I was pretty clear on the season preview for the Husky Fan Podcast in saying that I thought 8 or 9 wins with Penix’s health being a major factor.

I’ll readily admit I was wrong in that I didn’t think UW had a shot at beating Oregon and was happily wrong. My pick against UW for Oregon St was weather related … I’d have picked UW sans the conditions.

What I learned coming out of 2016 and the years since is that when you have one of those special seasons to embrace and celebrate it because they are unique unless you’re at one of a few select schools. It won’t bother me if TCU goes back to 7-5 or 8-4 next year … what will bother me is if TCU falls to a position where I’m not convinced they have a path to competing at the top of their conference and being relevant nationally a few times a decade.

Mirage or not they have every opportunity to be in the CFP this year and if they are I’ll be doing everything I can to make it to the semi’s )hopefully in Arizona)
    You beat the drum hard for Matt Campbell.
    And that has what to do with this season?

Iowa St’s record this year doesn’t mean that Campbell is a bad coach
    Ffs just admit you were wrong. I wanted Campbell and gladly admit I was wrong. Is DeBoer a savior? No but Campbell needs to reinvent himself. It’s the same needle dick version of football Pete played that everyone has figured out but somehow with an even worse offense. Jimmy lake couldn’t even fuck up his last season as much as Campbell has this year.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I’ll continue to enjoy 11-0 and where that ride is going and a program that seems to understand how to get shit done in the current college environment

You aren’t too negative but you have been consistently wrong about most things this year.

This 11-0 for TCU is a mirage. Take all the screenshots you need. It won’t happen again.

I was pretty clear on the season preview for the Husky Fan Podcast in saying that I thought 8 or 9 wins with Penix’s health being a major factor.

I’ll readily admit I was wrong in that I didn’t think UW had a shot at beating Oregon and was happily wrong. My pick against UW for Oregon St was weather related … I’d have picked UW sans the conditions.

What I learned coming out of 2016 and the years since is that when you have one of those special seasons to embrace and celebrate it because they are unique unless you’re at one of a few select schools. It won’t bother me if TCU goes back to 7-5 or 8-4 next year … what will bother me is if TCU falls to a position where I’m not convinced they have a path to competing at the top of their conference and being relevant nationally a few times a decade.

Mirage or not they have every opportunity to be in the CFP this year and if they are I’ll be doing everything I can to make it to the semi’s )hopefully in Arizona)

Ffs just admit you were wrong. I wanted Campbell and gladly admit I was wrong. Is DeBoer a savior? No but Campbell needs to reinvent himself. It’s the same needle dick version of football Pete played that everyone has figured out but somehow with an even worse offense. Jimmy lake couldn’t even fuck up his last season as much as Campbell has this year.
    I’ve said previously that Campbell fucked up by not leaving Iowa St after last year

I do think that Campbell needs to take a hard look at what his offense is and re-evaluate whether it needs some tweaks … there’s some similarities to what Pete had at the end of his tenure

I’m not going to over react though to this year as a sign that Campbell all of a sudden is a bad coach. The 1-7 in the conference is a tad misleading as 6 of those 7 losses are 1 score games … the largest loss they’ve had is 14 points. He finally got past the Iowa monkey this year. It’s a team that IMO took a step backwards this year (which isn’t shocking given what they were replacing offensively) while the balance of the conference was on an upswing. I expect that Iowa St bounces back next year back into the 8 win range assuming Campbell is there
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,239
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I’ve said previously that Campbell fucked up by not leaving Iowa St after last year

I do think that Campbell needs to take a hard look at what his offense is and re-evaluate whether it needs some tweaks … there’s some similarities to what Pete had at the end of his tenure

I’m not going to over react though to this year as a sign that Campbell all of a sudden is a bad coach. The 1-7 in the conference is a tad misleading as 6 of those 7 losses are 1 score games … the largest loss they’ve had is 14 points. He finally got past the Iowa monkey this year. It’s a team that IMO took a step backwards this year (which isn’t shocking given what they were replacing offensively) while the balance of the conference was on an upswing. I expect that Iowa St bounces back next year back into the 8 win range assuming Campbell is there
    Yeah the Big-12 is pretty good top to bottom this year, with only TCU putting up the appropriate record to be proclaimed "great team". When your 8th place team has 6 wins, and you're in a 10 team conference with 9 conference games, that's a deep conference. ISU and WVU (with JT Daniels) look like ass with 4 wins but are likely far stronger than other conferences' worst and second worst teams.

I'm glad we didn't hire Campbell, but would contextualize his record this year with the overall strength of the conference. He beat the likely Big-10 West champion (lol).
    If he is a big loser again then I would toss him in the Losers Lose pile.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Campbell should bring in Gilby!!!1!!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Covid season was a preview of Big Penix
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    It will be interesting to see if DeBoer can keep him given his roots in South Dakota.

Or...not
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,512
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Rumor has it that duffel bags are going around the WAC to keep Keinholz in the fold.

Or...not
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 701
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

My buddy Twatted out that Ohio State didn't want LK until they just lost the guy they really wanted. Whereas UW has had him as their #1 for a long time. Four people liked that tweet. One was Lincoln Keinholz. My fingers are crossed. I like this kid.

I don’t think he’s leaving. LK being a SD kid will have EVERY opportunity with win the starting gig. I’d be worried if I was Huard because KD has that connection with LK.

In the end we’ve all seen this before. We were told that the Michigan kid was going to flip last year because of Courtney Morgan but in the end a lot of kids stick with the strongest relationship.

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,239
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I guess it doesn’t hurt Deboner got a contract extension
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club

My buddy Twatted out that Ohio State didn't want LK until they just lost the guy they really wanted. Whereas UW has had him as their #1 for a long time. Four people liked that tweet. One was Lincoln Keinholz. My fingers are crossed. I like this kid.

Can your grocery store offer LK free groceries for four years? #NIL
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam

Can your grocery store offer LK free groceries for four years? #NIL
    I don't have that kinda juice man. I can for sure offer LK paper or plastic. I could probably get him a part tim job but he'd have to actually show up and work. That's about it.
    Nip or was it Nap got fired from his no show construction job after the inquisition started in 93