Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: 10th Anniversary Special feat. Swaye and CFetters_Nacho_Lover

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited November 2022 in Classics
November 26th marks the 10th anniversary of Hardcore Husky! Derek, Swaye and CFetters_Nacho_Lover got together to reminisce and shoot the shit. The episode concludes with a piano rendition of Silent Night while a refined Aussie scholar reads five classic rants from Puppylove_Sugarsteel. Enjoy!

Note: Originally the podcast was going to include an opening where I outlined the history of how Hardcore Husky came together, endured through some struggles and flourished. I wrote out six pages of notes. But when I went to read it, the whole thing just didn't feel like it would tie in well with what we already recorded. So I ditched it.

There are many people to thank and I'm aware that some folks won't be mentioned who should have been mentioned.

But I'll just say.. special thanks to the OGs who helped launch Hardcore Husky with either financial support or feedback... @CFetters_Nacho_Lover, @vadawg, @CheersWestDawg, @Swaye, @RaceBannon, @iDawg, @MikeDamone, @pawz, @section8, @TheKobeStopper and @volcanodawg. (If I'm forgetting anyone, forgive me)

A big thank you to those who came along at various points soon after and gave generous support and/or made important contributions: @PurpleBaze, @YellowSnow, @Baseman, @Doogles, @RoadDawg55, @DoogCourics, @Neighbor2972, @GrundleStiltzkin, @LebamDawg, @Mad_Son, @UW_Doog_Bot, @JoeEDangerously and @WoolleyDoog.

Anyone in the current day who has a shitty little purple or orange badge next to your avatar, thank you very much for helping keep our pirate ship afloat!

Here's a list of those who got shout outs during the show:

@Dennis_DeYoung, @puppylove_sugarsteel, @PurpleJ, @coronabruin, @Doog_de_Jour, @CokeGreaterThanPepsi, @sven, @trublue, @YellowSnow, @Doogles, @Tequilla, @PurpleBaze, @BallSacked , @collegedoog, @DeLarry (RIP), @GrundleStiltzkin, @huskyhooligan, @DoogCourics, @Alexis, @jecornel, @HeretoBeatmyChest, @AIRWOLF, @beelzebub, @Hondo, @SECDAWG, @TommySQC, @oregonblitzkrieg, @OwenTooelve, @theknowledge and @MontlakeBridgeTroll.

Those not mentioned but should have been: @Dnc, @bananasnblondes, @89ute, @backthepack, @HuskyJW, @CuntWaffle, @whatshouldicareabout, @rodmansrage, @DoogieMcDoogerson, @haie, @chuck, @thechatch, @TheHB, @PurpleThrobber, @Goduckies and dozens more great posters.

Happy Thanksgiving!

https://anchor.fm/hardcorehusky/episodes/10th-Anniversary-Special-feat--Swaye-and-CFetters_Nacho_Lover-e1r5c8j

Comments

• Options
    Founders Club
    Note: The Pup rant at Art Thiel was actually targeting me, even though he didn't mention me by name. One day , I had the audacity of posting the link to an Art Thiel article I enjoyed and Pup took great offense at this.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I asked Nacho to tell his Dawgman banning story. But I had originally thought it had happened while he was in Iraq. But it happened when he was sitting at home drunk in his living room.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,104
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I asked Nacho to tell his Dawgman banning story. But I had originally thought it had happened while he was in Iraq. But it happened when he was sitting at home drunk in his living room.

I vaguely remember that post or I remember the aftermath
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    As a millennial doog that was too young or too busy chasing girls till the Peterman era to be on the boards I find the lore of the football team and this site by extention to be very interesting. I also find I like the posters even more after hearing their personalities on the pod (irishdawg stopped replyingto me dms). Keep bringing out the guests over the offseason perhaps
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

The Aussie Pup out bit is so fucking hysterical I made water in my pants.

edit: Is it Aussie or Brit?

I told you in a text it was Brit but then it sounded Aussie to me when I listened again.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Needs a part deuce

shoulda made it a multi-part pod and sold branding rights to each one.

lost oppty imo.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

HCH was a great place for me to blow off steam during Covid. Working at a grocery store is shitty enough but during all that madness was draining and depressing. Having a release lever, small as it was, was really important to me. TSIO had a great run that was a bunch of fun and I appreciate all the different opinions and views everyone has about literally everything you can think of. Thanks to all of you who made it all happen. Cheers.

Bag my groceries Husky!