Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Deboner to Nebraska

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

DeBoer doesn’t want the job. No decent coach wants the job. They have great fan support but no major donor to push NIL. They also have a shitty location to recruit to. At least in Eugene, you can sell Portland being 90 minutes away. Seattle has all the advantages and more than what Nebraska has.

I'm not saying I buy into the OP. But in these types of conversations one thing that is often overlooked is... Maybe DeBoer or (fill in the blank) doesn't want to live in Seattle? Maybe they want to live closer to where they came from culturally.

I'm not saying anything beyond that general point. Don't twist. Lots of twisters out here.
    I guess, but going to Nebraska guarantees you what 3 years of job security. Their program sucks
    If job security is what he's after, he can go 7-6 for thirty years at UW as long as he remains PC
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,484
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

DeBoer doesn’t want the job. No decent coach wants the job. They have great fan support but no major donor to push NIL. They also have a shitty location to recruit to. At least in Eugene, you can sell Portland being 90 minutes away. Seattle has all the advantages and more than what Nebraska has.

I'm not saying I buy into the OP. But in these types of conversations one thing that is often overlooked is... Maybe DeBoer or (fill in the blank) doesn't want to live in Seattle? Maybe they want to live closer to where they came from culturally.

I'm not saying anything beyond that general point. Don't twist. Lots of twisters out here.
    I guess, but going to Nebraska guarantees you what 3 years of job security. Their program sucks
    If job security is what he's after, he can go 7-6 for thirty years at UW as long as he remains PC
    That deal got rubber stamped last Saturday.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    While I can’t say that’s it’s impossible, no idea why anyone would want the Nebraska job. Even I thought with Frost it was about as sure as you could get. Nope. Absolute dumpster fire. Saban would probably only win 7-8 games a year there at this point.
  • BlueduckBlueduck Member Posts: 1,063
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

dnc said:

His daughter just committed to UW for softball, that's another consideration here. Nebraska softball is mid.
    Sounds like he’s built a wall around Seattle.
    Yeah, you're going to have your kid commit to the school you work for, then you're going to leave for fucking Nebraska and have her decommit and go there :D

I didn't realize you were such a fucking idiot until recently. That's a mistake on my part.
    Do they not teach reading comprehension at UW?
    Watching you sit and act cunthurt because you've come to the realization that you have a keg boy for a coach has been awesome.

Jesus christ it would blow to go to the that school and all you have is a booster who's hiring 36 year old retard coaches because he can control them. :D
    Sheesh. This guy is wound TIGHT.
    Nope. Quite the opposite. You guys are posting message board rumors about Washington's coach leaving, and I'm here for it.

We stopped Utah!!!! Yay!!! lulz
    Oh my!
    someone is posting message board rumors on a message board?
    My Oh my!
    Thank goodness someone is here debunking the horrible rumors!
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

haie said:

haie said:

dnc said:

His daughter just committed to UW for softball, that's another consideration here. Nebraska softball is mid.
    Sounds like he’s built a wall around Seattle.
    Yeah, you're going to have your kid commit to the school you work for, then you're going to leave for fucking Nebraska and have her decommit and go there :D

I didn't realize you were such a fucking idiot until recently. That's a mistake on my part.
    Do they not teach reading comprehension at UW?
    Watching you sit and act cunthurt because you've come to the realization that you have a keg boy for a coach has been awesome.

Jesus christ it would blow to go to the that school and all you have is a booster who's hiring 36 year old retard coaches because he can control them. :D
    Sheesh. This guy is wound TIGHT.
    That's our haie! We love him though
    We?

So he's the designated HH charity case.

Fitting.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

While I can’t say that’s it’s impossible, no idea why anyone would want the Nebraska job. Even I thought with Frost it was about as sure as you could get. Nope. Absolute dumpster fire. Saban would probably only win 7-8 games a year there at this point.

That’s exactly my point.
    Fats does have that whole midwestern physique going for him. A natural fit at Nebraska Classy.
    thechatch said:

That deal got rubber stamped last Saturday.
    Ahem.
    Well played by Fats. No one really wanted him. Except a desperate school.
  • FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

Well played by Fats. No one really wanted him. Except a desperate school.

Low energy. 🪫
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    At least we know his user name on classyfans.com now.
    I actually think Deboer is a great GameDay coach and, like Pete, he knows how to build culture, which might be the most important trait for the guy behind the big desk. He recruits like shit, but will be able to mitigate that through the portal and find the guys that fit his program and remain competitive. Expect him to hover between 8 and 11 wins on an annual basis. The lower end in years where he doesn’t have a playmaker at QB to spread the ball around. He might even take UW to a CCG before he leaves, and leave he will, as he’ll grow to loathe upper campus like many of you do. He’s obviously exceeded my 8 win ceiling for year 1, so I’ve got to give him credit.

At the end of the day, he went into Eugene and found a way to win, and, to any Husky fan born after 1980, that is all that matters, as the tee shirt says.

I sincerely hope this helps.
    edited November 2022
    thechatch said:

I actually think Deboer is a great GameDay coach and, like Pete, he knows how to build culture, which might be the most important trait for the guy behind the big desk. He recruits like shit, but will be able to mitigate that through the portal and find the guys that fit his program and remain competitive. Expect him to hover between 8 and 11 wins on an annual basis. The lower end in years where he doesn’t have a playmaker at QB to spread the ball around. He might even take UW to a CCG before he leaves, and leave he will, as he’ll grow to loathe upper campus like many of you do. He’s obviously exceeded my 8 win ceiling for year 1, so I’ve got to give him credit.

At the end of the day, he went into Eugene and found a way to win, and, to any Husky fan born after 1980, that is all that matters, as the tee shirt says.

We’ve already called him Jonathan Smith with better players.

Apparently we’re supposed to be terrified by this.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,709
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

thechatch said:

We’ve already covered that he’s Jonathan Smith with better players.
    He's won championships. Lots

Still shattered

edited November 2022

thechatch said:

We’ve already covered that he’s Jonathan Smith with better players.
    He's won championships. Lots

Still shattered

Still pressing.

We’re not shattered by one loss because all of you are by 17 or 18 of them.

You’re revealing your own torment.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

thechatch said:

Dan Lanning is Sark with better players.
    edited November 2022

thechatch said:

Very original.

Sarkisian literally has better players at Texas.

Do you go to UO?

thechatch said:

Try again.