Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Aggressive. Where is Hadley Heck?
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    He has a point. Why the fuck throw him one ball
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    Dorian Singer and Jacob Cowing from Arizona didn't make the list either and both had better stats than Odunze

Addison is 8th in the Pac-12 for receiving yards and 10th for catches, so I have no clue how they select their semifinalists
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,750
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    It’s almost as if Oregon cares more.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

The Addison being mentioned plays for USC.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,750
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

LawDawg1 said:

The Addison being mentioned plays for USC.
    right. But I don’t think Oregon would be silent if they had Rome or McMillan on this one.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,388
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A lot of these awards and honors require preseason hype. Odunze will be a frontrunner for them next year if he comes back, but especially based on these tweets he's not. It's the same with all-conference and all American teams too. It's hard to do it with skill positions, but you'll see OL and defensive players who I swear have shit seasons who end up getting honors just because they were on preseason radar. Who cares. Do the best you can for the NFL and get paid.

That said, I was pretty surprised with how few targets Odunze got against Colorado. I also assume teams are trying to take him away and Penix isn't going to throw to him to keep his stats up instead of just hitting another open man.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Did someone analyze the film? Why was he not targeted?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

you don’t want a HH poster analyzing film, it will get ugly in a hurry
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Racism
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

I’m glad James Odunze isn’t silent

The rot within this Athletic Department is deep and the general laziness shows on so many fronts.

Change and improvement doesn’t occur by being silent … silence just enables the status quo

If you didn’t follow any other program maybe you’d have the head in the sand enough to think the UW AD was fine. But this world that exists that enables their behavior and settles for mediocrity (at best) is absolutely terrible

And peeps are crazy if they think Rome’s returning

Okay, but that's decidedly not who he's blaming. Read the second tweet - he's clearly ranting about Deboer and flat out asserting that we should've targeted Rome more in the Oregon win. He's not mad about a lack of AD competence and support, he's just mad because coach didn't give his son the ball more.

Any parent who publicly bitches about his son's playing time, especially in the middle of a five game winning streak and the best program win in two decades, can fuck off.
    Paging @RomesDadDawg?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Lol at the hopeful fan tweeting back at Pops, "Let's get some momentum going for next season." I'm sure Pops like, "sure.gif".

Against Oregon, I'm assuming he drew two and had a lot of Gonzalez on him. Either way, it's hard to argue with the passing results from that game, which was very close so all calls had to be 100% based on game situation with no thought to post-season honors.

Colorado is a MUCH different story, where they had 4 quarters to just fuck around if they wanted to.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Tequilla said:

I’m glad James Odunze isn’t silent

The rot within this Athletic Department is deep and the general laziness shows on so many fronts.

Change and improvement doesn’t occur by being silent … silence just enables the status quo

If you didn’t follow any other program maybe you’d have the head in the sand enough to think the UW AD was fine. But this world that exists that enables their behavior and settles for mediocrity (at best) is absolutely terrible

And peeps are crazy if they think Rome’s returning

Okay, but that's decidedly not who he's blaming. Read the second tweet - he's clearly ranting about Deboer and flat out asserting that we should've targeted Rome more in the Oregon win. He's not mad about a lack of AD competence and support, he's just mad because coach didn't give his son the ball more.

Any parent who publicly bitches about his son's playing time, especially in the middle of a five game winning streak and the best program win in two decades, can fuck off.
    The Oregon game was so close, yeah, you say fuck off, we can't think about your kid's individual awards. Every possession counts. Colorado though? They had an entire game within which to think about what they were going to have for dinner that night. I can understand the frustration with Colorado.