Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Deboner to Nebraska

Comments

• thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Can’t imagine he’d leave after one year, but stranger shit has happened
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,393
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

DeBoer doesn’t want the job. No decent coach wants the job. They have great fan support but no major donor to push NIL. They also have a shitty location to recruit to. At least in Eugene, you can sell Portland being 90 minutes away. Seattle has all the advantages and more than what Nebraska has.

Boy Portland being 90 minutes away sure is exciting.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

DeBoer doesn’t want the job. No decent coach wants the job. They have great fan support but no major donor to push NIL. They also have a shitty location to recruit to. At least in Eugene, you can sell Portland being 90 minutes away. Seattle has all the advantages and more than what Nebraska has.

Boy Portland being 90 minutes away sure is exciting.
    Salem is even closer.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,709
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I'm not saying I buy into the OP. But in these types of conversations one thing that is often overlooked is... Maybe DeBoer or (fill in the blank) doesn't want to live in Seattle? Maybe they want to live closer to where they came from culturally.

I'm not saying anything beyond that general point. Don't twist. Lots of twisters out here.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,301
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    So is UW willing to play the NIL game so far it looks like no.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I'm not saying I buy into the OP. But in these types of conversations one thing that is often overlooked is... Maybe DeBoer or (fill in the blank) doesn't want to live in Seattle? Maybe they want to live closer to where they came from culturally.

I'm not saying anything beyond that general point. Don't twist. Lots of twisters out here.
    His daughter just committed to UW for softball, that's another consideration here. Nebraska softball is mid.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Chris_Petersen_visits_Tennessee_2017.html
    dnc said:

His daughter just committed to UW for softball, that's another consideration here. Nebraska softball is mid.
    Sounds like he’s built a wall around Seattle.
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Yeah, you're going to have your kid commit to the school you work for, then you're going to leave for fucking Nebraska and have her decommit and go there :D

I didn't realize you were such a fucking idiot until recently. That's a mistake on my part.
    haie said:

dnc said:

Yeah, you're going to have your kid commit to the school you work for, then you're going to leave for fucking Nebraska and have her decommit and go there :D

I didn't realize you were such a fucking idiot until recently. That's a mistake on my part.
    Do they not teach reading comprehension at UW?
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

dnc said:

Watching you sit and act cunthurt because you've come to the realization that you have a keg boy for a coach has been awesome.

Jesus christ it would blow to go to the that school and all you have is a booster who's hiring 36 year old retard coaches because he can control them. :D
    haie said:

haie said:

dnc said:

Watching you sit and act cunthurt because you've come to the realization that you have a keg boy for a coach has been awesome.

Jesus christ it would blow to go to the that school and all you have is a booster who's hiring 36 year old retard coaches because he can control them. :D
    Sheesh. This guy is wound TIGHT.
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

dnc said:

Nope. Quite the opposite. You guys are posting message board rumors about Washington's coach leaving, and I'm here for it.

We stopped Utah!!!! Yay!!! lulz
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

dnc said:

Nope. Quite the opposite. You guys are posting message board rumors about Washington's coach leaving, and I'm here for it.

We stopped Utah!!!! Yay!!! lulz
    Totally chill laid back kind of vibes with all those exclamation points.

What’s next, all caps?
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2022

Human shit on the sidewalks and homeless junkies?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    SFGbob said:

Shit on the sidewalks and homeless junkies?
    Even the homeless don’t want to live in Nebraska. Solid point.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

As 46X would tell you, Seattle is "civilization".

Eugene and fucking Nebraska, not so much.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    SFGbob said:

Some of its animal shit. Dog and cat variety, mostly
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

I guess, but going to Nebraska guarantees you what 3 years of job security. Their program sucks