Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Observations after seeing the deep depth

chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
edited November 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board
That was fun.

Remember when Buelow was going to be a starting tackle? JFC he looks like an 18 year old freshman out there now.

Tualapapa must really, really shine in terms of procedural stuff and blocking, otherwise there are 4 guys behind him who are all better. Man he is a weakling when he needs tough yards. Every other RB on the team would've housed that one down the sideline.

Again, I'm impressed with how all the reserve RBs look. They all look quick and ready to crush someone. Basically all of them don't look like Tualapapa.

Morris still has a knack for making it look hard. This one finally crushed my little remaining hope that Huard will ever be worth a shit.

Maurice Heims looks like a fucking monster, at least compared to the Buff's right tackle.

There were deep depth guys flying around inbthe secondary and LB area trying to make hits. I was again happy to see that at least the deep reserves mostly look like workable athletes.

Asa Turner had one gloriously costly missed tackle. He had a clutch one a bit after thst but still. Pussy.

Comments

• Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,720
    The thing with Wayne, I think he is actually the best at finding the right lane at the LOS and has decent burst. But yeah, it appears the staff's overall trust in him trumps his athletic shortcomings.

They really tried to let him get a TD after the long run, instead of subbing in Cam, but he just couldn't do it.

With the other backs, the only guy I'm actually impressed with is Nixon, simply because he can turn the corner and has legitimate speed and actual potential in the open field.

Heims is physically impressive for sure, he flashed. Of course, garbage opponent in garbage time but optimistic LIPO.

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,149

The thing with Wayne, I think he is actually the best at finding the right lane at the LOS and has decent burst. But yeah, it appears the staff's overall trust in him trumps his athletic shortcomings.

They really tried to let him get a TD after the long run, instead of subbing in Cam, but he just couldn't do it.

With the other backs, the only guy I'm actually impressed with is Nixon, simply because he can turn the corner and has legitimate speed and actual potential in the open field.

Heims is physically impressive for sure, he flashed. Of course, garbage opponent in garbage time but optimistic LIPO.

I don't like papa but I wanted him to get 3 tds for his fallen mates. I mean, it was colorado.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,292 Swaye's Wigwam
    Wayne is offensive Cam Bright. A good leader they trust, who has better options behind him.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,292 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022

Anyone else notice ZTF, Trice and Martin playing a series together?

Their 3rd down D Line all season has been ZTF, Voi, Trice, and Martín.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam

Wayne is offensive Cam Bright. A good leader they trust, who has better options behind him.

Agree. Lake's team had no leaders on the field and DeBoer needed a establish a new culture. Papa does that, especially when RB was the thinnest position group on the team. He's not the most talented RB on the roster, but he's a solid addition to the program
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam

Agree. Lake's team had no leaders on the field and DeBoer needed a establish a new culture. Papa does that, especially when RB was the thinnest position group on the team. He's not the most talented RB on the roster, but he's a solid addition to the program
    I don't want him gone or anything. He's obviously a good guy to have on the team, plays hard, is a senior leader, etc. The other guys are just more talented.

Davis is obviously the short yardage guy. He's become really hard to stop on short yardage and always finds forward progress because he gets his job on those plays and has the explosiveness to hit someone and drive them back. He's also the fastest back and is going to keep his feet one of these days and score a long TD.

Newton can look like shit a lot but does have burst and aggressiveness and can make some big plays. Nixon looks really quick as does Adams. Even Sunday got in there and showed the quickness to beat guys to the edge.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,602
    Has anyone seen Huard in practices this year during the season and if so, what has he looked like?

Buelow looks the part but being a serviceable back-up or swing tackle next year is a reasonable hope.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,534 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

The big thing with Tualapapa is his pass blocking. Apparently he's elite at it and obviously Deboer values keeping his Penix clean over a high ceiling running game

Tualapapa also has the best vision of our backs rather easily, and the best hands
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited November 2022
    chuck said:

I don't want him gone or anything. He's obviously a good guy to have on the team, plays hard, is a senior leader, etc. The other guys are just more talented.

Davis is obviously the short yardage guy. He's become really hard to stop on short yardage and always finds forward progress because he gets his job on those plays and has the explosiveness to hit someone and drive them back. He's also the fastest back and is going to keep his feet one of these days and score a long TD.

Newton can look like shit a lot but does have burst and aggressiveness and can make some big plays. Nixon looks really quick as does Adams. Even Sunday got in there and showed the quickness to beat guys to the edge.
    Talapapa, A real lunch pail type, the kind you'd want your sister to date ?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,993
    Canadawg said:

The big thing with Tualapapa is his pass blocking. Apparently he's elite at it and obviously Deboer values keeping his Penix clean over a high ceiling running game

Chinned for ‘keeping his Penix clean.’ Haven’t seen that one.
  • DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 808
    Baseman said:

chuck said:

Talapapa, A real lunch pail type, the kind you'd want your sister to date ?
    Potential for soaking, ear, elbow, and maybe butt stuff.