Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Drink every time he says, "riiight"

Comments

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,388
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Does dude like the nose ponies?
    46XiJCAB said:

Oregon lost

We know.

You can’t stop talking about it.

When miracles happen people tend to go on for days about it. Maybe weeks. Maybe years. I’m hearing this was the most epic win ever in the series.

JFC, I thought I was on dawgman for a minute there.
    It's what you want man. You don't want to be the Cougs where any good Husky fan doesn't really give a shit about beating them for the most part the past 10+ years or UW during the Chip/Mariota years where I think good Oregon fans lost interest in even beating them.

It's college football. Over celebrating this shit is what it's all about. On top of The Pick, the 2018 walk off OT TD run is constantly celebrated by Oregon and when it happened it was celebrated more than winning World War II.

Oregon had won six-straight close games in the series so winning a close one was almost more jubilant than 70-21.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

46XiJCAB said:

Oregon lost

We know.

When miracles happen people tend to go on for days about it. Maybe weeks. Maybe years. I’m hearing this was the most epic win ever in the series.

It's what you want man. You don't want to be the Cougs where any good Husky fan doesn't really give a shit about beating them for the most part the past 10+ years or UW during the Chip/Mariota years where I think good Oregon fans lost interest in even beating them.

It's college football. Over celebrating this shit is what it's all about. On top of The Pick, the 2018 walk off OT TD run is constantly celebrated by Oregon and when it happened it was celebrated more than winning World War II.

Oregon had won six-straight close games in the series so winning a close one was almost more jubilant than 70-21.
    Agree with some of this. If college football wasn’t like this we wouldn’t be watching.

It’s why I despise the playoffs going to 12 teams (while also realizing it will save the CFB postseason)

2018 wasn’t THAT big of a deal. It’s was similar in that it was unexpected and Washington was the better team, but WE beat Washington all the time so it wasn’t quite the same thing.

Swaye's Wigwam

46XiJCAB said:

Oregon lost

We know.

Agree with some of this. If college football wasn’t like this we wouldn’t be watching.

It’s why I despise the playoffs going to 12 teams (while also realizing it will save the CFB postseason)

2018 wasn’t THAT big of a deal. It’s was similar in that it was unexpected and Washington was the better team, but WE beat Washington all the time so it wasn’t quite the same thing.

There were several players crying on the field after 2018. It was the biggest of deals. YOUR like entire team was so gassed, spent and beat up they got trained by the Coug the next week. It didn't matter in the standings that year really but it was a big deal for UW losing that game in the momentum of the series.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Drink every time 46X and Mike press hiding back tears.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2022
    haie said:

Drink every time 46X and Mike press hiding back tears.

I take the loss as Lanning pissing away a sure win that he will learn from. Nothing more. I just enjoying watching your schoolgirl hysterics over a 3 pt. win. EPIC!

You would think that the uw rarely beats Oregon.

Oh wait!

Nice win, little bro.
    edited November 2022

46XiJCAB said:

Oregon lost

We know.

There were several players crying on the field after 2018. It was the biggest of deals. YOUR like entire team was so gassed, spent and beat up they got trained by the Coug the next week. It didn't matter in the standings that year really but it was a big deal for UW losing that game in the momentum of the series.
    I’m talking about from a fan experience.

Sorry your players cried. I didn’t know that. Couldn’t care less.

Great fan fic interpretation though. As always.
    Swaye's Wigwam

46XiJCAB said:

Oregon lost

We know.

Oregon players were crying. They put so much into winning that game the were shot and WSU and Arizona ran train on them and ended their season. Washington players weren't crying. They were pissed but I'm sure still knew they were going to win the conference.
    edited November 2022

46XiJCAB said:

Oregon lost

We know.

Oregon players were crying. They put so much into winning that game the were shot and WSU and Arizona ran train on them and ended their season. Washington players weren't crying. They were pissed but I'm sure still knew they were going to win the conference.
    Sure.

Here’s an excerpt from my new husky fan fic blog:

“They were so god damned gassed after that game against the 49th best DAWGS team of all time they went on to lose 4 gaymes in what otherwise would have been an undefeated season for Oregon who were fielding their best team in at least a generation. some called it an overtime victory, but we knew a REAL team would have won in regulation like the DAWGS did the previous season SEVENTY TO TWENTY ONE.”
    Swaye's Wigwam

46XiJCAB said:

Oregon lost

We know.

Sure.

“They were so god damned gassed after that game against the 49th best DAWGS team of all time they went on to lose 4 gaymes in what otherwise would have been an undefeated season for Oregon who were fielding their best team in at least a generation. some called it an overtime victory, but we knew a REAL team would have won in regulation like the DAWGS did the previous season SEVENTY TO TWENTY ONE.”
    I actually get laughs out of a decent amount of Ducks on Twitter making fun of Huskies. This isn't clever. Do better.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,261
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

Tell me you’re scurrred without telling me you’re scurred. Take your big 3 pt. win and move on. You won the only game that matters to Doogs. Congrats.

Oregon.

edited November 2022

46XiJCAB said:

Oregon lost

We know.

Sure.

I actually get laughs out of a decent amount of Ducks on Twitter making fun of Huskies. This isn't clever. Do better.
    “While the DAWGS did lose that game they changed the course of Oregon football, forever.”
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

They’re scurrrrred. It’s obvious. This guy is going to level up the recruiting, get the D fixed and then run a train on the PAC-10.

Husky fans know this. When CCP’s guys cycle out Fats will be filling with MWC all-stars. That’s why they’re acting like they’ve never won a 3 pt. game before.

Absolutely not the least bit scared of this fucking guy. Was more scared of Crisco honestly. He's a defensive coach and his defense is 10x worse than it was last year with mostly the same players. My only worry is he can simply buy recruits and transfers UW can't. Curious to see how he is without an entire offensive line of like 10-year starter seniors. I'm not including Nix/Dorlus/Gonzalez in that yet because they probably continue the Oregon tradition of not pursuing pro football when they should. not including Sewell in that because he kinda sucks, won't declare because of that, and Oregon will frame it as him turning down the league.

I'd be more worried if he went to Auburn and they promoted Dillingham and Nix stays.
    This is some funny shit right here. Curious to see how Fats is w/o CCP recruits myself.
    Wait, your argument is that that the man who took a 4-8 team to 8-2 in one season just inherited too much talent?

82 of 114 players on our roster have three or more years of eligibility remaining, so it'll be 5 years before we can see what DeBoer can do
    @46XiJCAB is Bill FleenorFS!?!? Staff! True?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    What I'm getting out of all this malarkey is that we? like Cristoballz again?

Fine with me.
    dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

They’re scurrrrred. It’s obvious. This guy is going to level up the recruiting, get the D fixed and then run a train on the PAC-10.

Husky fans know this. When CCP’s guys cycle out Fats will be filling with MWC all-stars. That’s why they’re acting like they’ve never won a 3 pt. game before.

Absolutely not the least bit scared of this fucking guy. Was more scared of Crisco honestly. He's a defensive coach and his defense is 10x worse than it was last year with mostly the same players. My only worry is he can simply buy recruits and transfers UW can't. Curious to see how he is without an entire offensive line of like 10-year starter seniors. I'm not including Nix/Dorlus/Gonzalez in that yet because they probably continue the Oregon tradition of not pursuing pro football when they should. not including Sewell in that because he kinda sucks, won't declare because of that, and Oregon will frame it as him turning down the league.

I'd be more worried if he went to Auburn and they promoted Dillingham and Nix stays.
    This is some funny shit right here. Curious to see how Fats is w/o CCP recruits myself.
    Wait, your argument is that that the man who took a 4-8 team to 8-2 in one season just inherited too much talent?

Nope. When CCP talent cycles out you get to see what he can do with MWC all-stars. Also proves what a shit hire Lake really was.

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

82 of 114 players on our roster have three or more years of eligibility remaining, so it'll be 5 years before we can see what DeBoer can do
    Well that and then praying to god that another Penix walks through the door. Not. Very. Likely.

Fine with me.

No. Lanning will sign better classes than Mario. You can keep him.
    46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

Nope. When CCP talent cycles out you get to see what he can do with MWC all-stars. Also proves what a shit hire Lake really was.
    He has 5 4 star commits in this incoming class before he hits the portal. There are like 28 "blue chips" on the roster over 6 classes (thanks to COVID). If you really think the blue chip ratio is going down as he establishes a winning program you are an even bigger dumbfuck than I gave you credit for.

Kudos.
    46XiJCAB said:

Fine with me.

No. Lanning will sign better classes than Mario. You can keep him.
    DeBoer made Haener a star. Now he’s made Penix a star. Not sure if he’s a great evaluator, great developer or great magnet for QB talent but one way or the other he’s more likely to have a star QB next year (and any given year) than not.