Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Josh Conerly, 2022 5* OL, Seattle (Rainier Beach), WA (Offered)

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,956
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

HFNY said:

haie said:

Wdw that fatty anymore.

But we(?) do still want Caleb Pressley right and what are the chances of flipping him now.
    If he takes money and hype then shame on him
    Or we could act like a real program and financially play the game. Hype is stupid.

Kids getting cash is what it is. They are not amateurs any more even though our athletic dept likes to pretend they are.
    Why get in a bidding war for a kid who hasn’t played a down of college football? Besides he will likely be replaced by a transfer in two years because of their poor history on bad development
    because then you end up starting jaivion green and jordan perryman at outside corner
    This is how football is played now. I am all for buying a proven commodity over a freshmen, but the current defensive staff and roster could be worse next year if they don’t pony up.
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,055
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

HFNY said:

haie said:

Wdw that fatty anymore.

But we(?) do still want Caleb Pressley right and what are the chances of flipping him now.
    Or we could act like a real program and financially play the game. Hype is stupid.

Kids getting cash is what it is. They are not amateurs any more even though our athletic dept likes to pretend they are.
    Why get in a bidding war for a kid who hasn’t played a down of college football? Besides he will likely be replaced by a transfer in two years because of their poor history on bad development
    because then you end up starting jaivion green and jordan perryman at outside corner
    Who will likely be replaced by a transfer
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is Green #22? If so, he stood out as a guy that likes to hit. He's no pussy, so I can work with that if I'm on the defensive staff. He has a few years to get bigger, stronger, faster, and learn how to play the position. That's some moldable clay.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Aye, Joshua! Want to come up and have fun in your hometown or hangout in southern Oregon in a weird fake Marvel universe facility?

kid got paid. I hope he invests his $$$ well.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is Green #22? If so, he stood out as a guy that likes to hit. He's no pussy, so I can work with that if I'm on the defensive staff. He has a few years to get bigger, stronger, faster, and learn how to play the position. That's some moldable clay.

Yup, Green is 22, but he got beat deep on the long TD to Franklin. I can see him developing into a safety in a year or two
    Green came in at 6'2" 195. Thats a big 18 yo corner. Safety seems like a good landing spot assuming they can restock the DB cupboard with kids who don't get hurt anytime they have to be physical. 6'2" 210 is a nice P12 sized safety. It's also what a good SEC corner looks like. EWIWBI
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,956
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

<

HFNY said:

haie said:

Wdw that fatty anymore.

Thinking Caleb Presley is going to come in, start, and actually be good as a freshman is pretty dumb to me. I want him and our secondary sucks, but he’s not some can’t miss, bonafied stud.
    Agreed, but consider who he would be trying to beat out.

These corners are just awful. He at least looks fast. I can’t see any traits with the others on the roster that gives any hope that they can cover besides the scheme and coaching looks subpar.

We can’t come back with the same staff and personnel.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @RoadDawg55 is right. Presley won’t come in and be a star right away. Jones was a sophomore, LAN was a junior, Trufant was a junior, Peters was a RS sophomore before they actually looked the part of legitimate P12 corners/DBs. Buddha, Rapp and McDuffie are the only DBs I can remember being pretty good as true freshman. Not sure Presley is quite on that level. I’d love to have him because he has NFL traits like the guys listed above but he’s not a plug and play-great right away type recruit.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,704
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

@RoadDawg55 is right. Presley won’t come in and be a star right away. Jones was a sophomore, LAN was a junior, Trufant was a junior, Peters was a RS sophomore before they actually looked the part of legitimate P12 corners/DBs. Buddha, Rapp and McDuffie are the only DBs I can remember being pretty good as true freshman. Not sure Presley is quite on that level. I’d love to have him because he has NFL traits like the guys listed above but he’s not a plug and play-great right away type recruit.

Did Murphy redshirt?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Aye, Joshua! Want to come up and have fun in your hometown or hangout in southern Oregon in a weird fake Marvel universe facility?

We're full
    Swaye's Wigwam

Did Murphy redshirt?
    Yes.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m pretty sure UW only got like 16 or 17 games from Murphy because of redshirting and injury.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,388
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m pretty sure UW only got like 16 or 17 games from Murphy because of redshirting and injury.

True unfortunately. Has to be the shortest career of a guy who wasn't a transfer but also didn't leave the program.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Rapp was the best true freshman DB. It helped that he played in a loaded secondary. McDuffie was good. Budda was good after the first couple games. He was terrible against Hawaii and Eastern to start the year. He had some good games, but it was up and down. Jones was inconsistent as a freshman. We hate Jimmy now, but he's a much better DB coach than the guys we have now.

It's not impossible for Presley to come in and be good, but it's highly unlikely. I don't think he is as good the guys mentioned and the DB coaching is suspect.
    Defensive scheme in general needs an upgrade. Here was the coverage for the Franklin TD:

We've also gotten beat deep by Kent State, Michigan State, UCLA, ASU, and Arizona. We're lucky that OSU missed 3 times on those deep shots. It's concerning that we're not seeing a fix on these types of coverage
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,388
    Swaye's Wigwam

Rapp was the best true freshman DB. It helped that he played in a loaded secondary. McDuffie was good. Budda was good after the first couple games. He was terrible against Hawaii and Eastern to start the year. He had some good games, but it was up and down. Jones was inconsistent as a freshman. We hate Jimmy now, but he's a much better DB coach than the guys we have now.

It's not impossible for Presley to come in and be good, but it's highly unlikely. I don't think he is as good the guys mentioned and the DB coaching is suspect.
    Defensive scheme in general needs an upgrade. Here was the coverage for the Franklin TD:

We've also gotten beat deep by Kent State, Michigan State, UCLA, ASU, and Arizona. We're lucky that OSU missed 3 times on those deep shots. It's concerning that we're not seeing a fix on these types of coverage
    I'm not excusing terrible pass coverage but I can't remember a year where I've seen worse pass coverage in college football. So many plays like this where the QB has two WRs to pick from for an easy touchdown. I feel like the COVID year and last year it was run defense where I've never seen worse.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022

I don't know about that. Didn't it take Rapp a few of games to work into the starting lineup? McDuffie came in day one as a guy you could put on an island and take half the field away. The trait these two had in common was that they did NOT miss tackles. Period. I think McDuffie was in his last year before I saw the first miss. Both amazing in run support and sure tacklers on the back end. Rapp had elite quickness, McDuffie was a burner and also quick. It's no surprise that those are two who hit the ground running.