Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Central finishes solid 2nd place in first year in Lone Star Conference

AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,466
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited November 2022 in College Football Forum

We? came up short vs Angelo St (the powerhouse in the conference) although did lead in the game at various junctures, and bungled a game vs Western Oregon, but otherwise pretty solid first year.

Comments

• Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    I see Simon Fraser misses Thomas Ford 😂
  • Options

I see Simon Fraser misses Thomas Ford 😂

A win is a pretty big achievement. I see they beat west Texas A M.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I don’t follow Central but that conference is crazy to look at, I’m sure there’s a long story behind the evolution to get to that point. Anyways, there’s some good talent around Seattle right now and I’d bet there’s a few kids that would be interested in playing for a competent coach in Ellensburg.
  • Options

I don’t follow Central but that conference is crazy to look at, I’m sure there’s a long story behind the evolution to get to that point. Anyways, there’s some good talent around Seattle right now and I’d bet there’s a few kids that would be interested in playing for a competent coach in Ellensburg.

Apart from me, no one does
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Keep us posted! 😂

Wish the Times could be bothered to do even a fucking monthly update on all the non-Pac 12 college football in the NW. Not asking a lot but won’t happen of course.
  • Options
    edited November 2022

Keep us posted! 😂

Wish the Times could be bothered to do even a fucking monthly update on all the non-Pac 12 college football in the NW. Not asking a lot but won’t happen of course.

In college football there is a huge drop off in money and media attention in less than FBS teams (lower divisions). The reason central is playing in Texas is that the regional teams ran out of funds and interest. Humboldt State and Azusa Pacific, Western... All defunct.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Central needs to find a way to get to FCS, and fast. There is no reason they can't and Eastern can

D2 is a dying breed. Fuck WWU for getting rid of their program like pussies.
  • Options
    edited November 2022

Central needs to find a way to get to FCS, and fast. There is no reason they can't and Eastern can

D2 is a dying breed. Fuck WWU for getting rid of their program like pussies.

We? don't have the means... actually I like D2 football, you can stroll along the sidelines to wherever you want to watch, the games are 2.5 hours, the competition is actually very good. There is a huge drop off in money, but the talent is not a big drop off. FBS/FCS will always be an improvement, but D2 is like a good band in a small club vs an arena rock concert, creating a much different fan experience.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,487
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    SDCJRSDCJR Member Posts: 195
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    My son played baseball in the LSC at WTAMU. The plane rides to the left coast are shorter than the bus rides to conference games in Texas. 9 hour bus rides were pretty common.