Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Huskies win in Eugene - trip report...

Mrs. Doogerson and I stayed in an absolute shithole hotel called Campus Inn and Suites. It was cheap and close to the barmuda triangle (ITLCIT).

On the way down on Friday, we stopped off in Portlandia for a highly-rated biscuit breakfast/lunch place. (https://pinestatebiscuits.com/). It was the real deal. I have no fucking idea what part of Portlandia it was in but the clientele was mostly hipsters wearing joggers and a hat that they think makes them look unique...when in reality, they all fucking look alike. The testosterone-meter was very low in this place (except for the ladies working there), but nevertheless the sandwich was pretty damn good. I had a chicken sandwich with bacon and apple butter and Mrs. Doogerson had biscuits and gravy with some hashbrowns. Clearly she was trying to lay a proper base for the evening's festivities.

We left Portland and stopped at Woodburn to hit the Adidas outlet. Good sale, picked up some of those fancy shoes called ultraboosts. Mrs. Doogerson picked up 3 pairs of shoes because you can never have enough shoes.

Rolled into Eugene and it surprisingly was less shit-holey than 2 years ago. There are still wacked out people but they don't seem as prevalent. Went to some bars - nothing special honestly. Cheap, heavy pours, etc. Started walking back and picked up a voodoo donut for the road.

Slept it off.

GAMEDAY.

Breakfast at Addi's Diner in Springfield. (https://www.yelp.com/biz/addis-diner-springfield) Pretty damn solid breakfast. We are both decked out and dressed for gameday. No one gave us any shit, in fact a few said - good luck today, thank you for coming down. They don't seem to hate us in Springfield.

Then Mrs. Doogerson wanted to do some shopping. Went to a place called Down to Earth Home - which is kind of a kitchen/garden store. Solid place. And then the Mrs. wanted to hit the liquor store. Went to "Downtown liquor." Again, no one is giving us any shit. "Good luck", etc. Left there with a BOX of liquor including some Everclear (the real stuff) to make Apple Pie since we can't get that shit in Washington State. Purchased a bunch of minis for the game.

OK, back to the hotel (and I use that term loosely) to hang out and watch some football before we again hit the bars in the barmuda triangle. Stroll to the bars and they're all open but nobody is there. Had several drinks and started the 1.8m walk to the stadium. Saw a mexican place and grabbed another drink -> margarita.

OK, NOW THE SHIT YOU WILL FIND INTERESTING...

I have been going to the husky games in Eugene for quite a while. This had to be the lowest husky attendance I've ever seen at a game down there. There were just a couple fans around us and we were sitting in the "visitor's section" #38. Everyone around us is again, surprisingly nice. We gotta invade when we play down there. It was embarassing. With that said, the energy in the stadium did not match what it had in prior visits...from the get go. The crowd was fairly flat honestly. Talked to a lot of fans around me and they don't seem sold on the team or the coach. They really don't like CrystalBalls - "set the program back." For the better part of the game there was an ongoing dispute between a young duck fan girl her boyfriend and an older generation duck fan lady. The younger spit on her over something and it almost got Jerry Springer in there. Cops came down twice and eventually got them out of the section.

The fumble on the short 4th down play where the dude fell down was hilarious. The fans all had their hands on their heads, etc. Was pretty damn funny.

Beer is a little more difficult to get than it was 2 years ago. They used to have a lot more kiosks. Stadium food is lame. When the game ended, they just let all the fans who want, walk on the field. I think that's pretty cool.

The walk back to the hotel takes forever because the bridges are bottlenecks. Plan accordingly.

Hit some more bars, had a burger at Killer Burger and then my liver decided I had had enough.

Excuses heard after the game talking to fans:
- We knew this was a rebuilding year, we need more time to build the program back up. I was laughing when I heard this.
- Our defense sucks, we need to fire the coaches.
- Pac-12 Officials SUCK
- We kind of expected to lost this one...(WHAT?)

I guess my main takeaway is that the fans weren't jackasses, they don't have a lot of confidence in the team/coaches, energy is down in the program.

Bonus info: On you're way back, stop off in Salem and hit the breakfast place called "Word of Mouth." https://www.yelp.com/biz/word-of-mouth-neighborhood-bistro-salem This place is amazing. Worth the wait.

Comments

• Options
    DucksruleDucksrule Member Posts: 96
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

My advice for the future. Leave Mrs Doogerson at home. Skip the shopping. Go with some friends. Take some blow, dial up some hookers.

Breakfast is overrated. And it's almost impossible to fuckup a breakfast. No breakfast is worth waiting for. Stick to cocaine and coffee.

You're welcome

You lost me at "I had a sandwich with bacon and apple butter".

Everything after that is invalid, and mssing gravy.

DR
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ducksrule said:

My advice for the future. Leave Mrs Doogerson at home. Skip the shopping. Go with some friends. Take some blow, dial up some hookers.

Breakfast is overrated. And it's almost impossible to fuckup a breakfast. No breakfast is worth waiting for. Stick to cocaine and coffee.

You're welcome

You lost me at "I had a sandwich with bacon and apple butter".

Everything after that is invalid, and mssing gravy.

DR
    That's what happens when the wife comes along. You eat gay food.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022
    Was wondering what the hell was going on with Husky attendance. On TV it looked completely empty of any true visitor section. We(?) usually travel well so I assumed with the proximity/being a rivalry game it would be like a 70-30 split. Looked like 95-5 on tv.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Was wondering what the hell was going on with Husky attendance. On TV it looked completely empty of any true visitor section. We(?) usually travel well so I assumed with the proximity/being a rivalry game it would be like a 70-30 split. Looked like 95-5 on tv.

In think the days of visitor section is over. UW does the same thing. Spreads the visitors around. Maybe a small number with their band. Nothing like it used to be when here would be a few thousand in one section.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,691
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

Doogles said:

In think the days of visitor section is over. UW does the same thing. Spreads the visitors around. Maybe a small number with their band. Nothing like it used to be when here would be a few thousand in one section.
    Also, secondary market tickets are now the way to go. Fuck buying season tickets or going to the games even if you buy season tickets. Schools need to cut prices if they want to sell to the public. EVERY.GAME.IS.ON.TV (somewhere)
    There's a team across town that seems to get this. It's better to have full seats than empty ones. If only UW had access to the info about how that can be done...
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Mrs. Doogerson and I stayed in an absolute shithole hotel called Campus Inn and Suites. It was cheap and close to the barmuda triangle (ITLCIT).

On the way down on Friday, we stopped off in Portlandia for a highly-rated biscuit breakfast/lunch place. (https://pinestatebiscuits.com/). It was the real deal. I have no fucking idea what part of Portlandia it was in but the clientele was mostly hipsters wearing joggers and a hat that they think makes them look unique...when in reality, they all fucking look alike. The testosterone-meter was very low in this place (except for the ladies working there), but nevertheless the sandwich was pretty damn good. I had a chicken sandwich with bacon and apple butter and Mrs. Doogerson had biscuits and gravy with some hashbrowns. Clearly she was trying to lay a proper base for the evening's festivities.

We left Portland and stopped at Woodburn to hit the Adidas outlet. Good sale, picked up some of those fancy shoes called ultraboosts. Mrs. Doogerson picked up 3 pairs of shoes because you can never have enough shoes.

Rolled into Eugene and it surprisingly was less shit-holey than 2 years ago. There are still wacked out people but they don't seem as prevalent. Went to some bars - nothing special honestly. Cheap, heavy pours, etc. Started walking back and picked up a voodoo donut for the road.

Slept it off.

GAMEDAY.

Breakfast at Addi's Diner in Springfield. (https://www.yelp.com/biz/addis-diner-springfield) Pretty damn solid breakfast. We are both decked out and dressed for gameday. No one gave us any shit, in fact a few said - good luck today, thank you for coming down. They don't seem to hate us in Springfield.

Then Mrs. Doogerson wanted to do some shopping. Went to a place called Down to Earth Home - which is kind of a kitchen/garden store. Solid place. And then the Mrs. wanted to hit the liquor store. Went to "Downtown liquor." Again, no one is giving us any shit. "Good luck", etc. Left there with a BOX of liquor including some Everclear (the real stuff) to make Apple Pie since we can't get that shit in Washington State. Purchased a bunch of minis for the game.

OK, back to the hotel (and I use that term loosely) to hang out and watch some football before we again hit the bars in the barmuda triangle. Stroll to the bars and they're all open but nobody is there. Had several drinks and started the 1.8m walk to the stadium. Saw a mexican place and grabbed another drink -> margarita.

OK, NOW THE SHIT YOU WILL FIND INTERESTING...

I have been going to the husky games in Eugene for quite a while. This had to be the lowest husky attendance I've ever seen at a game down there. There were just a couple fans around us and we were sitting in the "visitor's section" #38. Everyone around us is again, surprisingly nice. We gotta invade when we play down there. It was embarassing. With that said, the energy in the stadium did not match what it had in prior visits...from the get go. The crowd was fairly flat honestly. Talked to a lot of fans around me and they don't seem sold on the team or the coach. They really don't like CrystalBalls - "set the program back." For the better part of the game there was an ongoing dispute between a young duck fan girl her boyfriend and an older generation duck fan lady. The younger spit on her over something and it almost got Jerry Springer in there. Cops came down twice and eventually got them out of the section.

The fumble on the short 4th down play where the dude fell down was hilarious. The fans all had their hands on their heads, etc. Was pretty damn funny.

Beer is a little more difficult to get than it was 2 years ago. They used to have a lot more kiosks. Stadium food is lame. When the game ended, they just let all the fans who want, walk on the field. I think that's pretty cool.

The walk back to the hotel takes forever because the bridges are bottlenecks. Plan accordingly.

Hit some more bars, had a burger at Killer Burger and then my liver decided I had had enough.

Excuses heard after the game talking to fans:
    - We knew this was a rebuilding year, we need more time to build the program back up. I was laughing when I heard this.
    - Our defense sucks, we need to fire the coaches.
    - Pac-12 Officials SUCK
    - We kind of expected to lost this one...(WHAT?)

I guess my main takeaway is that the fans weren't jackasses, they don't have a lot of confidence in the team/coaches, energy is down in the program.

Bonus info: On you're way back, stop off in Salem and hit the breakfast place called "Word of Mouth." https://www.yelp.com/biz/word-of-mouth-neighborhood-bistro-salem This place is amazing. Worth the wait.

Did you read this board before the game?