Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lifetime extension for DeBoner

doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Blank check. Winners win.

Comments

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,268
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Not sure about that. 1st and goal and gaol from the 5 needing to run clock and you pass??? Even worse, 60 seconds to go Ducks have 2 TOs left, already in FG range and you pass the ball??? Terrible play calls. One might say he got lucky.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

The pass call was fine, after completing it and having 2nd and 1, going no huddle with another pass was Rick 12 men on the field terrible. And then stuffed on 3rd and 1. You either burn both of Oregon’s timeouts or you get a first down and then can really control the end. WTF. He fucked that up royally.

But the problem with the throw is it risks another pick but worse the incomplete stops the clock and saves whoregon a TO. WTF??? Run the fucking ball there all day every fucking day.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RoadTrip said:

whlinder said:

The pass call was fine, after completing it and having 2nd and 1, going no huddle with another pass was Rick 12 men on the field terrible. And then stuffed on 3rd and 1. You either burn both of Oregon’s timeouts or you get a first down and then can really control the end. WTF. He fucked that up royally.

But the problem with the throw is it risks another pick but worse the incomplete stops the clock and saves whoregon a TO. WTF??? Run the fucking ball there all day every fucking day.
    I was questioning the call earlier too, but I might buy your argument. Calling a pass probably grades out as a higher percentage play for UW there. Was it higher enough to risk not burning that timeout though?

I think the way the game ended is pretty good evidence for your side.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,005
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

RoadTrip said:

whlinder said:

I was questioning the call earlier too, but I might buy your argument. Calling a pass probably grades out as a higher percentage play for UW there. Was it higher enough to risk not burning that timeout though?

No way is that true. You get the 2 yards on second down and the clock and timeouts are basically gonna. Plus you’ll get probably 7-8 more yards on the next series.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

RoadTrip said:

whlinder said:

It's the new way of coaching I guess. Nobody expects you to throw there so maybe catch them off guard and win the game? Not me, you're in FG range 2nd and 1. Run the ball get the first down, force them to call the TO and run 2 or 3 more times and line up for the game winning FG. Foing that allowed them back in the game.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022
    Bob_C said:

chuck said:

RoadTrip said:

whlinder said:

No way is that true. You get the 2 yards on second down and the clock and timeouts are basically gonna. Plus you’ll get probably 7-8 more yards on the next series.
    We're talking 3rd and 2.

Edit...well, maybe it was only me ignoring 2nd down. I dint actually remember the play before the 3rd down run.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,005
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Bob_C said:

chuck said:

RoadTrip said:

whlinder said:

We're talking 3rd and 2.
    Ah okay. I was talking about the beyond terrible 2nd downer.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fix the defense. Then pay Deboner the money.

How do we miss 47 tackles on the night and still win?
    My question as well.

I dont understand how Oregon didn't score 50+ against that defense. For long stretches the back 7 was ready to quit rather than hit someone.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,175
    Founders Club

If I’m Oregon I am wondering why we went for it when the game was tied on our own 35 with 1:30 left.

It was actually on the 30 in fact, I believe. And with their backup QB
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Fix the defense. Then pay Deboner the money.

How do we miss 47 tackles on the night and still win?
    My question as well.

I dont understand how Oregon didn't score 50+ against that defense. For long stretches the back 7 was ready to quit rather than hit someone.
    Bo Nix isn’t that good. I think that’s it.