Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

You guys see this?

2»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Alexis said:

Houhusky said:

Louis Rankin 2006 - 2007
    Chris Polk 2009 - 2011
    Bishop Sankey 2012 - 2013
    Myles Gaskin 2015 - 2018

What a fucking decade+ of great college RBs

only ended the streak with Barry Sanders 2.0 Salvon Ahmed who the TBS fucktards were clambering to get carries over Gaskin's JR and Sr seasons.

Lol. Ahmed was elite.

@backthepack
    Ahmed. Didn’t that dumbass leave early for the draft? Helped UW IMO
    He's got 1 carry for 2 yards this year for the Dolphins.

Gaskin has 4 carries for 9.

Guy is still collecting an NFL check 3 years in. Hard to argue leaving early.
    Hard to argue leaving early because he wasn't going to get better. He has no vision, and you can't coach that.

Nobody ever thought Gaskin was going to be a pro bowler or anything. But I'd take one of him over 10 Ahmeds any day.
  • Options
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Louis Rankin 2006 - 2007
    Chris Polk 2009 - 2011
    Myles Gaskin 2015 - 2018

only ended the streak with Barry Sanders 2.0 Salvon Ahmed who the TBS fucktards were clambering to get carries over Gaskin's JR and Sr seasons.

I could easily be wrong, but I don't remember Rankin doing anything huge.
    He ran like crazy on some of the worst Tyrone Willingham UW teams of all time... Just look at the decade of UW RBs before Rankin to see what actual doing nothing looks like. Rankin is clearly head and shoulders above the decade of RBs before him and he is clearly head and shoulders above anyone outside of Gaskin, Sankey, and Polk who has come since.

He is UW top 10 in career rushing and single game rushing and was top 10 single season before Gaskin came along and put his name up 3 times.

Rankin did it with Tyrone Willingham as HC, Jack Lockner as freshman QB, and an OL with Juan Garcia, Jordan White-Frisbee, Morgan Rosborough, and FUCKING Ben Ossai as starters on a 4-9 team.

Rankin was very good on a very bad team.
    And an incredible athlete who had a decent pro career if I'm not mistaken. Spent time with the Raiduhs.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TheHB said:

Rankin always looked like he would snap in half when he got hit. Good player, but I don’t think of him as anything close to one of the best RBs in Husky history.

Rankin's problem is he was really bad early in his career and developed a rep as a dancer. He was definitely good as a senior and I think HH is right that he could have been better with a better team (though he definitely benefited from Locker bringing the zone read threat).

I wouldn't count Rankin 2006 as part of any great UW RB run. I don't object to Rankin 2007 being part of it.

Had Rankin had eligibility left in 08 or Polk not gotten hurt week 1 we've probably never heard of @Owen12.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Alexis said:

Houhusky said:

Louis Rankin 2006 - 2007
    Chris Polk 2009 - 2011
    Myles Gaskin 2015 - 2018

Lol. Ahmed was elite.

@backthepack

Hard to argue leaving early because he wasn't going to get better. He has no vision, and you can't coach that.

Nobody ever thought Gaskin was going to be a pro bowler or anything. But I'd take one of him over 10 Ahmeds any day.

Alexis said:

Houhusky said:

Louis Rankin 2006 - 2007
    Chris Polk 2009 - 2011
    Myles Gaskin 2015 - 2018

Lol. Ahmed was elite.

@backthepack

Of course. MMFG is one of my all tim favorite DWAGs. I’m just saying Ahmed made the right choice. He’s made over a million dollars doing what he went to college for in 3 years. Hell. I haven’t made a million dollars with what I went to college for in over 30.

That was all I was saying.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    dnc said:

TheHB said:

Rankin always looked like he would snap in half when he got hit. Good player, but I don’t think of him as anything close to one of the best RBs in Husky history.

Rankin's problem is he was really bad early in his career and developed a rep as a dancer. He was definitely good as a senior and I think HH is right that he could have been better with a better team (though he definitely benefited from Locker bringing the zone read threat).

I wouldn't count Rankin 2006 as part of any great UW RB run. I don't object to Rankin 2007 being part of it.

Had Rankin had eligibility left in 08 or Polk not gotten hurt week 1 we've probably never heard of @Owen12.
    I know it's cliche af to say, but Rankin was actually one of those rare combinations of size and speed. As I vaguely recall now, his speed tended to be of the straight line variety and he didn't have a lot of shake n' bake. But memories fade, especially of individual players of that era.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Louis Rankin 2006 - 2007
    Chris Polk 2009 - 2011
    Myles Gaskin 2015 - 2018

He ran like crazy on some of the worst Tyrone Willingham UW teams of all time... Just look at the decade of UW RBs before Rankin to see what actual doing nothing looks like. Rankin is clearly head and shoulders above the decade of RBs before him and he is clearly head and shoulders above anyone outside of Gaskin, Sankey, and Polk who has come since.

He is UW top 10 in career rushing and single game rushing and was top 10 single season before Gaskin came along and put his name up 3 times.

Rankin did it with Tyrone Willingham as HC, Jack Lockner as freshman QB, and an OL with Juan Garcia, Jordan White-Frisbee, Morgan Rosborough, and FUCKING Ben Ossai as starters on a 4-9 team.

He didn't have a good supporting cast - true, but it's sports. You're judged by stats.

We remember the Manning boys for the Super Bowls more than Archie who was stuck on the Aints.

And even with say 8 or 9 win talent, I'd put guys like Sankey above Rankin
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Louis Rankin 2006 - 2007
    Chris Polk 2009 - 2011
    Myles Gaskin 2015 - 2018

He didn't have a good supporting cast - true, but it's sports. You're judged by stats.

We remember the Manning boys for the Super Bowls more than Archie who was stuck on the Aints.

And even with say 8 or 9 win talent, I'd put guys like Sankey above Rankin
    Stanley was definitely a much better RB. Luckily he didn’t inherit @GrandpaSankey’s vision.