Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

46X voice, "It just never stops!"

13»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

How do you "win" a National Championship and yet you never play or beat any of the teams that finished in the top 5?

I'm not getting involved in this shit beyond this. UW beat two teams that would've been inbthe top 5 had UW not beaten them...Michigan and Nebraska...and one of those was on the road. UW also beat Cal, who could've probably should've finished top 5 but I think ended up at 7, on the road.

A title game win would be a better thing to hang our hat on than a split poll natty, no question. It is what it is though. UW-Miami would've been an epic matchup I think, but since it couldn't happen I'm not ashamed of calling that a national championship. Nobody that was watching that year questions it except for the sake of shit talk.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

SFGbob said:

How do you "win" a National Championship and yet you never play or beat any of the teams that finished in the top 5?

I'm not getting involved in this shit beyond this. UW beat two teams that would've been inbthe top 5 had UW not beaten them...Michigan and Nebraska...and one of those was on the road. UW also beat Cal, who could've probably should've finished top 5 but I think ended up at 7, on the road.

A title game win would be a better thing to hang our hat on than a split poll natty, no question. It is what it is though. UW-Miami would've been an epic matchup I think, but since it couldn't happen I'm not ashamed of calling that a national championship. Nobody that was watching that year questions it except for the sake of shit talk.
    I for one will not disparage the 1991 world championship. That was the game back then. It’s legit and to disrespect it means you hate college football. I was at the Rose Bowl and saw it with my own eyes.

I will however beat the Betty Crocker lil’ Giants and 1984 liars club championships like a piñata.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

chuck said:

SFGbob said:

I for one will not disparage the 1991 world championship. That was the game back then. It’s legit and to disrespect it means you hate college football. I was at the Rose Bowl and saw it with my own eyes.

I will however beat the Betty Crocker lil’ Giants and 1984 liars club championships like a piñata.

I for one will not only not disparage it, but will say that I prefer that system for two reasons, not cinque: (1) I'm old, and old people like old things; and (2) it would give us a lot more about which to argue, and that's the fun of it. I also preferred the regional biases and insults and insecurities that were part of the game back then. It made it more personal. With national recruiting and everybody going everywhere and NIL and x-fer portal the game is wandering toward the NFL, which stands for "I give no fucks". I realize that I'm now bitching about a bunch of unrelated shit, but that's another thing old guys like to do when in the middle of a rant. I have more.

But c'est la vie.
  • Options

chuck said:

SFGbob said:

'84 isn't so much of a claimed championship ... those are dumb ... and more of an appeal to a manifest injustice. Again, more fun that playoffs and Alabama winning every year.
  • Options
    PS: this thread is a fast-paced shit-talking marathon befitting suck-my-dick week.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I just want to know it Haie and Lance are now following each other.
  • Options

chuck said:

SFGbob said:

I for one will not only not disparage it, but will say that I prefer that system for two reasons, not cinque: (1) I'm old, and old people like old things; and (2) it would give us a lot more about which to argue, and that's the fun of it. I also preferred the regional biases and insults and insecurities that were part of the game back then. It made it more personal. With national recruiting and everybody going everywhere and NIL and x-fer portal the game is wandering toward the NFL, which stands for "I give no fucks". I realize that I'm now bitching about a bunch of unrelated shit, but that's another thing old guys like to do when in the middle of a rant. I have more.

But c'est la vie.
    I prefer the old system. It was just better and we were all better for it.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,560
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Race is old enough to remember what the 1984 Pepperidge Farm title felt like.

I wanna hear haie tell me what it was like to beat Michigan for the halfsy in 91….
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,323
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Orange Bowl is one of my top memories. Beating Barry Switzer and the legendary Sooners was better than the Rose Bowl. Plus my wife and I weren't married yet.

I stepped up on the stage of the Sooner rally in the Hotel drunk on my ass and did a go Dawgs yell to stunned silence

UW beat OU before Miami did

@creepycoug

It was a national championship trip for sure
  • Options

The Orange Bowl is one of my top memories. Beating Barry Switzer and the legendary Sooners was better than the Rose Bowl. Plus my wife and I weren't married yet.

I stepped up on the stage of the Sooner rally in the Hotel drunk on my ass and did a go Dawgs yell to stunned silence

@creepycoug

Fiesta Bowl vs Colorado > all our Rose Bowl wins.

I’ve been to all of them so I know.

You didn’t win the 1984 national championship no matter how much fun you had in Florida.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,323
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Football News says different
  • Options

Football News says different

😂
  • Options

@creepycoug

By nine months.

#abortiontalkintherefuge
  • Options

@creepycoug

I do believe I was pulling for the Husky's in that one due to my dislike of the UO Sooners.
  • Options
    Haie, this report has been debunked by the Auburn 247 site. Does Lance know?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,480
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

I wanna hear haie tell me what it was like to beat Michigan for the halfsy in 91….

It was awesome. Thanks for asking.

"KENNY Wheaton's gonna score!"

"Dyer was down!!!"

"Mariota's getting prison fucked in a generic white and silver jersey!!!!!!"
  • Options
    haie said:

thechatch said:

It was awesome. Thanks for asking.

"KENNY Wheaton's gonna score!"

"Dyer was down!!!"

"Mariota's getting prison fucked in a generic white and silver jersey!!!!!!"
    What's Lance saying now? Imagine how fucking dumb you have to be to swallow that report.