Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Are we Recruiting again? Fischer of Men Recruiting Thread - (Thread links)

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Sounds like we are getting a 24 commit soon from the QB at Garfield. Not a very exciting pickup but good to get a local kid I guess.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Good sign on the recruiting front. There are rumors that a couple of our current commits have been told to LEAVE by DeBoer due to shitty performance in their senior seasons.

While recruiting still sucks, this is a good sign that DeBoer may care about winning

Which ones?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Good sign on the recruiting front. There are rumors that a couple of our current commits have been told to LEAVE by DeBoer due to shitty performance in their senior seasons.

While recruiting still sucks, this is a good sign that DeBoer may care about winning

Which ones?
    Not sure. Just read that there are some. I do know that one of our OL commits has been hurt his entire season, we have a WR/RB commit that spends a great deal of his weekends visiting other schools, and a DL commit that posts almost no stats at his HS games, leading me to believe that he may not be a starter.
  • Options
    ROOFDOOGINSROOFDOOGINS Member Posts: 266
    Im wondering if Sua Lefotu is one. We just offered a new kid as a D-Lineman. Sua's recent twitter activity makes me assume he opening things back up.
  • Options
    ROOFDOOGINSROOFDOOGINS Member Posts: 266
    Hopefully Bosco doesn't get pissed at us for dropping one of their players.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Lefotu was the one I was referring to who has almost no stats this year. Might be a James Smith situation (also from Bosco). I can't imagine Bosco coaches being pissed off when they are clearly not playing him that much.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Can we also add in likely shitty evaluation by the staff and/or acknowledging that there was a point where recruiting was bad enough that they were willing to take anybody with a pulse?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Can we also add in likely shitty evaluation by the staff and/or acknowledging that there was a point where recruiting was bad enough that they were willing to take anybody with a pulse?
    This is a fact. They did get a few decent looking guys for a bit and then missed on a lot of guys that would have had me excited. But a lot of reached in there.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,100
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Lefotu was the one I was referring to who has almost no stats this year. Might be a James Smith situation (also from Bosco). I can't imagine Bosco coaches being pissed off when they are clearly not playing him that much.

Totally forgot about him. Couch sale?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

"They're Full" has entered the chat yet again. Eklund claims 2023 recruiting class is done and they will spend the remaining spots on transfer portal

That should work well
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

"They're Full" has entered the chat yet again. Eklund claims 2023 recruiting class is done and they will spend the remaining spots on transfer portal

That should work well
    Polk and penix have been good. Can’t think of anyone else. It’s not like it’s been useless. Also the chance that a freshmen is going to contribute is not the best. At least they are dropping people they don’t want.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,609
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

That should work well
    Polk and penix have been good. Can’t think of anyone else. It’s not like it’s been useless. Also the chance that a freshmen is going to contribute is not the best. At least they are dropping people they don’t want.
    Jackson came in the portal. I'm not a huge fan lbut he has been a useful player. Bright has been a disappointment. Moll is pretty decent. Perryman sucks.

Mixed results overall but that's how it will be. The portal is a critical part of roster building everywhere not just UW. Hopefully they can get a couple more impact guys this year. Gonna need DBs, LBs, and probably a receiver or two. QB...maybe.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,474
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

That should work well
    Jackson came in the portal. I'm not a huge fan lbut he has been a useful player. Bright has been a disappointment. Moll is pretty decent. Perryman sucks.

Mixed results overall but that's how it will be. The portal is a critical part of roster building everywhere not just UW. Hopefully they can get a couple more impact guys this year. Gonna need DBs, LBs, and probably a receiver or two. QB...maybe.
    The portal is fine if you can do it the right way. Penix is a huge upgrade at QB, as would have been getting Haener back. Looking around the dogs hit conference - Oregon has Nix, two portal RBs doing really well, and a CB from Colorado who could be a first round pick, USC is relying a ton of good portal guys, as is UCLA on defense and Charbonnet is a portal guy. UW just got a bunch of guys who aren't very good outside of Penix.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,431
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

That should work well

The portal is fine if you can do it the right way. Penix is a huge upgrade at QB, as would have been getting Haener back. Looking around the dogs hit conference - Oregon has Nix, two portal RBs doing really well, and a CB from Colorado who could be a first round pick, USC is relying a ton of good portal guys, as is UCLA on defense and Charbonnet is a portal guy. UW just got a bunch of guys who aren't very good outside of Penix.
    Martin has been a great addition. Bookie was decent last year and would be our best DB this year.

A lot of other transfers are still freshman, so they might grow into their positions.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,474
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

That should work well

Martin has been a great addition. Bookie was decent last year and would be our best DB this year.

A lot of other transfers are still freshman, so they might grow into their positions.
    You're right about Martin. Major late bloomer last year and Cooper McDonald getting any reps over him last year was criminal.