Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Seahawks sweep offensive/defensive rookies of the month

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Never been done before.

Enough about Russ, this team deserves discussion on it's own merits. Not sure how Pete and John went from bumbling through draft after draft to nailing another all timer but it couldn't have come at a better time. The future is real bright right now.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club
    I didn't even know those awards existed until now
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    And Geno offensive POTM

I didn't even know those awards existed until now

Yeah now that you mention it I wonder how far back they go?
    Started in 1996 apparently
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,704
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Never been done before.

Enough about Russ, this team deserves discussion on it's own merits. Not sure how Pete and John went from bumbling through draft after draft to nailing another all timer but it couldn't have come at a better time. The future is real bright right now.
    Disagree

• KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Call me crazy but there is no reason we can't be the 49ers from 2019 that went to the SB. Geno is beyond comparable to Jimmy G String. Draft defense this year with our high draft picks and we have some serious action next year given the current landscape of the NFC.

Call me crazy but there is no reason we can't be the 49ers from 2019 that went to the SB. Geno is beyond comparable to Jimmy G String. Draft defense this year with our high draft picks and we have some serious action next year given the current landscape of the NFC.

You saying SB this year or next year?
    dnc said:

Next year. I think 12-5 would be in range. We also have 8 home games next year. Those 4 picks in the first 2 rds are so huge. Hit on those (hopefully all defense) and I think the defense could be top 10.

dnc said:

Next year. I think 12-5 would be in range. We also have 8 home games next year. Those 4 picks in the first 2 rds are so huge. Hit on those (hopefully all defense) and I think the defense could be top 10.
    8 home games and 9 road games?

I do think they should be a playoff team this year with a real shot at the SB next year if they have another good offseason.
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I do think they should be a playoff team this year with a real shot at the SB next year if they have another good offseason.
    Jesus I misread it. I thought it said we in host 9 home games. We host 8.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Geno has been playing nice, but that's a pretty long projection. Has Seattle played a team with a pass rush outside of Denver (W, should've been an L) and SF (blowout L)?

dnc said:

dnc said:

Geno has been playing nice, but that's a pretty long projection. Has Seattle played a team with a pass rush outside of Denver (W, should've been an L) and SF (blowout L)?
    They will next Sunday.

LIFPO
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Did Geno miss the trip to Germany?