Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Another One

Another Juco DB offer, has in state offers from OU and OK St. had a lot more offers this last season… not sure why he didn’t leave. Probably wasn’t a qualifier out of high school or got hurt.

Comments

• theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    First play on his freshman tape he absolutely decleats a dude. No shot we get him.
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,059
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Any relation to Thomas Dolby?
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,514
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Small rant at how fucktarded our logic is as a University ...

For YEARS ... UW's relationship with JuCo players has been effectively FUBAR because of reasons (academics being a major component)

For YEARS ... UW's been selective at best with transfer game because of reasons (big elements tied to academics and not being the preferred way to serve the true "student athlete"

But when the choices are to either embrace the NIL game for recruits or pursue JuCo or transfers ... the narrative changes and JuCo's and transfers are way more en vogue

UW really hates to win

Why not go for abundance and target both NIL and JC guys? I think are starting to do that (maybe not as much on the NIL side as of yet).
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

Tequilla said:

For YEARS ... UW's relationship with JuCo players has been effectively FUBAR because of reasons (academics being a major component)

For YEARS ... UW's been selective at best with transfer game because of reasons (big elements tied to academics and not being the preferred way to serve the true "student athlete"

But when the choices are to either embrace the NIL game for recruits or pursue JuCo or transfers ... the narrative changes and JuCo's and transfers are way more en vogue

UW really hates to win

Why not go for abundance and target both NIL and JC guys? I think are starting to do that (maybe not as much on the NIL side as of yet).
    It seems awful cold and rainy out to be hitting the transfer portal right now.

It's a normal time to offer JC players, however. How many has UW offered? I'm aware of two but there are probably others.
  • theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

HFNY said:

Tequilla said:

UW really hates to win

It's a normal time to offer JC players, however. How many has UW offered? I'm aware of two but there are probably others.
    I believe they offered a DL from a cali Juco early in the season but 3-4 guys right now.
    Juco bowl season is usually when you’ll see the most amount of offers being thrown out

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    chuck said:

theLSkid said:

chuck said:

HFNY said:

Tequilla said:

UW really hates to win

I believe they offered a DL from a cali Juco early in the season but 3-4 guys right now.
    Juco bowl season is usually when you’ll see the most amount of offers being thrown out

The point is that tequila was reaching, badly. The portal is not active right now, but JC recruiting is, and UW isn't throwing around offers. We will take way more guys from the portal than from JC.
    No ... my point is that UW is effectively punting on HS recruiting because they don't want to play the NIL game with HS recruits

When you go look at the class that UW has at this point, how many of those players are anywhere close to commanding a decent NIL amount?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

theLSkid said:

chuck said:

HFNY said:

Tequilla said:

UW really hates to win

The point is that tequila was reaching, badly. The portal is not active right now, but JC recruiting is, and UW isn't throwing around offers. We will take way more guys from the portal than from JC.
    No ... my point is that UW is effectively punting on HS recruiting because they don't want to play the NIL game with HS recruits

When you go look at the class that UW has at this point, how many of those players are anywhere close to commanding a decent NIL amount?
    How many kids total are close to commanding a decent NIL from just HS alone? How big is that pool versus kids overall? How are they distributed around the states?

The only one from WA this year was Jayden Wayne before he left for FL, and he's going to a school where kids only care about NIL and not the quality of product on the field.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

UW really hates to win

Excellent point
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

theLSkid said:

chuck said:

HFNY said:

Tequilla said:

UW really hates to win

That is not how i read it the first time, but I do see I screwed up now. I read you presenting a dichotomy between the portal and JC recruiting, but that's not what you were saying. My bad on that.