Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Russ to Denver

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Please to be changing forum name to "Russell Wilson Jilted Lover Board"?

Well he said "least likable human being on the planet". So, he's saying Russell Wilson is worse than Kim Jong-un, Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden and Evan Weaver?
    Don’t be dense Derek. Clearly speaking in hyperbole. Fine least likable athlete in the NFL. Point is he can’t read a fucking room.
    There's a word oft used around here -- malarkey. Maybe you shouldn't be so dense. But I guess it's all fun and games with you until the subject is Russell Daniel Wilson.
    Lol Derek. I know you are embarrassed on your horribly shit take on Russell Wilson being a monster for Denver this year. Keep blaming Pete Carroll though! It’s working fucking great for you! I have all the screenshots I need too so if you try to deny ANY of this I will call your ass out.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Denver takes another L. Hawks have a real shot at getting a top 5 pick. Amazing.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited October 2022

I can't believe the animosity toward Russ. Yes, he's weird and a bit sanctimonious, but he led Seattle to levels of success we'd never had before.

While I joke and post my favorite ad naseum today, you are correct. RW won an SB and was a bad play call away from winning 2 in a row.

I feel like PC had some weird bipolar shit going on in his head with competing ideas of let Russ cook vs RTDB/play defense to win championships. The RTDB/defense was the formula for the first SB but that formula was already getting stale by 2013. I feel like PC started to embrace the let Russ cook on that goal line play only to get burned and then conclude that RTDB/defense was the way. This trade is a result of that idea winning.

But don’t worry Seahawk fans, John Schneider once drafted some great players in the kid rounds and is a genius or something.

Well?

Somebody had to.

TheHB said:

Seattle was never gonna win another Super Bowl with Wilson -- not as long as Jody Allen owns the team and leaves everything up to Carroll. Only way it could happen would be a total overhaul in the front office and coaching staff, and that's not in the cards. But besides that, you'd have to be blind not to see that Wilson has plateaued and he's just getting older with more off-field distractions. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start getting hurt every year. Time has a way of catching up with you -- especially when you've been pretty injury resistant your first 10 years.

2022 will be very painful for Seahawks fans.

Listening to Greg Olsen describe what things were like behind the scenes with Pete Carroll makes me realize that Pete is fully to blame for Seattle's decay

TheHB said:

Seattle was never gonna win another Super Bowl with Wilson -- not as long as Jody Allen owns the team and leaves everything up to Carroll. Only way it could happen would be a total overhaul in the front office and coaching staff, and that's not in the cards. But besides that, you'd have to be blind not to see that Wilson has plateaued and he's just getting older with more off-field distractions. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start getting hurt every year. Time has a way of catching up with you -- especially when you've been pretty injury resistant your first 10 years.

Edited to add: There is no way in hell Wilson plays 10 more years.

I think Russ's best seasons are still to come
    Uhhhh

Geno >> Herbert

Herbert looked like Oregon Herbert today.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Chargers gonna Charger. @YellowSnow
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

Denver takes another L. Hawks have a real shot at getting a top 5 pick. Amazing.

We are at the point that I can comfortably say we will have a top 8ish pick and won't have to trade multiple picks to move up to get a new QB. I do however think that Young, Stroud and Levis are 2nd rounders at best who will eventually fall when the draft process starts. No way all those guys go in the top 5-8.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club

Please to be changing forum name to "Russell Wilson Jilted Lover Board"?

Well he said "least likable human being on the planet". So, he's saying Russell Wilson is worse than Kim Jong-un, Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden and Evan Weaver?
    Don’t be dense Derek. Clearly speaking in hyperbole. Fine least likable athlete in the NFL. Point is he can’t read a fucking room.
    There's a word oft used around here -- malarkey. Maybe you shouldn't be so dense. But I guess it's all fun and games with you until the subject is Russell Daniel Wilson.
    Lol Derek. I know you are embarrassed on your horribly shit take on Russell Wilson being a monster for Denver this year. Keep blaming Pete Carroll though! It’s working fucking great for you! I have all the screenshots I need too so if you try to deny ANY of this I will call your ass out.
    You don't know me very well if you think I'm embarrassed over my terrible Russell Wilson take. You also can't take a joke.
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

TheHB said:

Edited to add: There is no way in hell Wilson plays 10 more years.

I think Russ's best seasons are still to come
    Uhhhh
    and that might still happen in the future.

dnc said:

We are at the point that I can comfortably say we will have a top 8ish pick and won't have to trade multiple picks to move up to get a new QB. I do however think that Young, Stroud and Levis are 2nd rounders at best who will eventually fall when the draft process starts. No way all those guys go in the top 5-8.
    Hawks aren’t taking a QB in the first round. Maybe like the third. i think they’re gonna roll with Geno going forward
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Hawks aren’t taking a QB in the first round. Maybe like the third. i think they’re gonna roll with Geno going forward
    I think they'd take one if it was someone they coveted
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,239
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Literally the least likable human being on this planet at this point. Jesus fucking Christ. What a complete fucking square. Fake injuries into “Wolverine Blood”.

Excuse me, I have been advised that Daniel Snyder is still alive.

Russ sucks ass and is weird. Dan Snyder is a complete piece of shit
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,512
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    There is a lot of football left and Geno could end up declining so that the Hawks do take a QB...or he keeps playing very well and they take a stud at a different position or even trade down to the middle of the 1st round to pick up a 2nd and 3rd rounder. It must be a fun situation for the FO to contemplate.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,702
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

There is a lot of football left and Geno could end up declining so that the Hawks do take a QB...or he keeps playing very well and they take a stud at a different position or even trade down to the middle of the 1st round to pick up a 2nd and 3rd rounder to draft more RBs. It must be a fun situation for the FO to contemplate.

One great draft every 8-9 years is their quota.
    Founders Club
    To be around him 10 hours a day must be a nightmare, it seems.