Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Catching Houston

chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
Pretty good summary of the statistical difference between Ms and Astros.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1679919/gap-between-mariners-and-astros/

There's another opinion piece linked at the bottom making a case for Seatrle signing Aaron Judge. I'm not usually for this kind of thing as I'd rather spread that kind of money, probably $40 mil per year, between multiple players, but I'd do it in their current position. You add him then they don't really need anyone else. That's two players worth of himers from one guy.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,721
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like it

I had no idea Seattle was a spender now until the playoffs when the boss was telling me about the moves and big contracts that got them there

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Signing Judge would pay for itself with season tickets in the first week after the signing. Gate revenue will be huge.

The only problem is that Judge is already 30 and had been playing for pennies until arbitration this year. He's gonna want a 10-year $500 million deal and the last 5 years of that contract will be an albatross. But if you can win one Series in the next 5 years it's totally worth it.
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If the Dodgers go in on Judge, they will not be outbid…if that is the case, all in on Ohtani next year (wait till next year potd)…
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2022

Signing Judge would pay for itself with season tickets in the first week after the signing. Gate revenue will be huge.

The only problem is that Judge is already 30 and had been playing for pennies until arbitration this year. He's gonna want a 10-year $500 million deal and the last 5 years of that contract will be an albatross. But if you can win one Series in the next 5 years it's totally worth it.

Yep thats the issue and why it won't happen. He's going to demand 10ish years. The Ms can't help looking forward. It's hard to blame them. It would probably suck ass to watch them burn money on his last five years.

All in on Trey Turner then and figure out right field.

I like it

I had no idea Seattle was a spender now until the playoffs when the boss was telling me about the moves and big contracts that got them there

They're spending it well too. Ray, Julio and Castillo all have big time contracts that aren't hamstringing the club at all. They have a lot more money available.
  • phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Yep thats the issue and why it won't happen. He's going to demand 10ish years. The Ms can't help looking forward. It's hard to blame them. It would probably suck ass to watch them burn money on his last five years.

All in on Trey Turner then and figure out right field.

I like it

They're spending it well too. Ray, Julio and Castillo all have big time contracts that aren't hamstringing the club at all. They have a lot more money available.
    Trey Turner is #1 on my list as well. that guy can play