Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bye Week Recruiting

LB / Edge David Peevy is going to announce Thursday. UW definitely needs an edge / pass-rusher as well as a thumper at ILB so does anyone else know the scoop? It seems like the staff is waiting on Peevy before going harder after Victory Johnson.

On the WR front, it seems like JaMarcus Sheppard wants to take 1 more WR and it will be either Lyons or McClure. Lyons is thought to be a significant ND lean but they already have 3 WR commits and 23 total commits so maybe that ship has sailed? Plus, ND is at risk of going 6-6 and if the wheels fall off, 5-7.

Comments

• DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 701
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I’m not even an ND fan and I’m disappointed with their season. That being said though it’s about PSA to Coach relationships. We’ll see. Either McClure or Lyons looks like a great complement to Rashid.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I wish they'd just take Victory Johnson. He's everything this front 7 is lacking.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

I wish they'd just take Victory Johnson. He's everything this front 7 is lacking.

If they are truly waiting that is stupid. They need him bad.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I really don't know but I've gathered from some of the posts that they are favoring someone over him and I don't get it.
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I really don't know but I've gathered from some of the posts that they are favoring someone over him and I don't get it.
    I am not an expert. But he looks big, fast and can hit. If I remember right he had some academic stuff to figure out or would be more in demand.

He looks better than the other linebackers we have so far.
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HFNY said:

LB / Edge David Peevy is going to announce Thursday. UW definitely needs an edge / pass-rusher as well as a thumper at ILB so does anyone else know the scoop? It seems like the staff is waiting on Peevy before going harder after Victory Johnson.

On the WR front, it seems like JaMarcus Sheppard wants to take 1 more WR and it will be either Lyons or McClure. Lyons is thought to be a significant ND lean but they already have 3 WR commits and 23 total commits so maybe that ship has sailed? Plus, ND is at risk of going 6-6 and if the wheels fall off, 5-7.

DJ Peevy, Three star LB, Lincoln HS, San Diego, CA
    Final Three: Washington, USC, Oregon
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,514
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Biggins has him at a 6 out of 10 going to USC.
    We can’t have nice things
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,061
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    What are our chances with Tom Matijacic?
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,514
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Now I wonder if they want Victory Johnson as an edge guy or as an ILB.

Or do they take VJ as an ILB and Fred Williams as an Edge.