Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ZTF Soldiers On for the Huskies, No Longer a Headliner or Even a Starter

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,953 Founders Club
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,284 Swaye's Wigwam
    One of the most odd Husky careers in a program filled with them. What does he do at the end of the season?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam

One of the most odd Husky careers in a program filled with them. What does he do at the end of the season?

Improve his run defense?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,534 Swaye's Wigwam
    He has flashed and is a solid role player. Our dline is not the problem
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

He has flashed and is a solid role player. Our dline is not the problem

Probably the best all around DL across the entire front since Feeney... its actually pretty good even without a standout super star like Vea or Gaines anchoring it and there are couple underclassman like Tunuufi or Tagliatelle that could really grow into being great in the next 1-2 years.

They would look pretty dominant if the secondary wasn't in the bottom 25% of the country.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,292 Swaye's Wigwam
    He was 280 in his breakout year. He’s too skinny now, which is probably good for his recovery, but negates some of his power.

Does he have another year? With 15 more pounds, I think he could be dominant again.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club

We're like the on one year wonder school of linebackers and edge guys.
    What I meant by that is he was a breakout star in 2020, got injured, still maintained a lot of buzz as a probably second round NFL prospect, but now he doesn't even play much, though he's pretty decent in pass rush when he does. I can't imagine he's even a 6/7th round prospect right now though...so does he come back hoping he can blow up in one more year or just try to make it in the NFL now?
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,801 Founders Club

What I meant by that is he was a breakout star in 2020, got injured, still maintained a lot of buzz as a probably second round NFL prospect, but now he doesn't even play much, though he's pretty decent in pass rush when he does. I can't imagine he's even a 6/7th round prospect right now though...so does he come back hoping he can blow up in one more year or just try to make it in the NFL now?

He almost transferred before this year. I’d say it’s 50/50 on whether he transfers after the season.

He almost transferred before this year. I’d say it’s 50/50 on whether he transfers after the season.
    Probably a good bet. Go somewhere one year for a fresh start and see if he can get lightning in a bottle. Honestly, Martin and Trice have looked better sadly.
  • 79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 714 Swaye's Wigwam

Probably a good bet. Go somewhere one year for a fresh start and see if he can get lightning in a bottle. Honestly, Martin and Trice have looked better sadly.
    Its not like "we" have crazy talent at that spot. With martin leaving at the end of the year, he should be penciled in as the starter.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Too much war imagery
  • TomRinaldisPianoTomRinaldisPiano Member Posts: 90
    Sucked in by the "Soldiers on" headline but passing on the opportunity. Bench player retros don't pay in THIS economy
  • Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 783

This is the bravery HH deserves. Going out on a limb. At these odds, he’s just as likely to stay as he is to leave.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

This is the bravery HH deserves. Going out on a limb. At these odds, he’s just as likely to stay as he is to leave.
    EWIWBI
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

He was 280 in his breakout year. He’s too skinny now, which is probably good for his recovery, but negates some of his power.

Does he have another year? With 15 more pounds, I think he could be dominant again.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter

Oh fuck me