Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Anybody in Berkeley?

WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,271 Swaye's Wigwam
Gonna be in Berkeley for the weekend. Let me know if anyone wants to meet in the porking lot or local Antifa watering hole.

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    Uhhhhh, the game is in Waco.
  • Pretty sure I'll be there
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,976 Founders Club
    I'll be in Oakland next week. Cool fucking town.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,271 Swaye's Wigwam

Uhhhhh, the game is in Waco.

I'd be down for Branch Dividians.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    If you are going to oakland I was going to offer some good places to eat suggestions… a fun food place which is not pricey is MUA with a cool bar area… I like the menu and it’s a fun hang spot for hip 30’s kids which I am not but I enjoyed the bar area, the good drinks, and the atmosphere

Good jazz club and suchi bar at Yoshi’s in jack London square waterfront area… eat at the suchi bar, good food, very entertaining chef action to watch

Nice seafood restaurant along the waterfront… Scott’s seafood, get a window table and have the crab encrusted swordfish with a gin martini if they still serve it… I’m hearing the snow crab season in Alaska is dead on arrival this year for some reason so crab may be out
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    Other oakland suggestions are Chop Bar is the only good brunch spot, pho84 vietnamese, wood tavern on college ave good food and drink closer to Berkeley, Burma superstar (Burmese), Duende in uptown oakland is a good Tapas bar
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,938 Swaye's Wigwam

If you are going to oakland I was going to offer some good places to eat suggestions… a fun food place which is not pricey is MUA with a cool bar area… I like the menu and it’s a fun hang spot for hip 30’s kids which I am not but I enjoyed the bar area, the good drinks, and the atmosphere

Good jazz club and suchi bar at Yoshi’s in jack London square waterfront area… eat at the suchi bar, good food, very entertaining chef action to watch

Nice seafood restaurant along the waterfront… Scott’s seafood, get a window table and have the crab encrusted swordfish with a gin martini if they still serve it… I’m hearing the snow crab season in Alaska is dead on arrival this year for some reason so crab may be out

No kings and no snow crabs. No crabs from the bering sea at all if I heard right. No opilio means even the shredded crab garnish on fancy rolls will be history or just very expensive.
    Secret squirrel location for where to stay that is not expensive and is an OK hotel ~ the executive inn along the Oakland waterfront… there are hotels in emeryville, the Hilton in dangerous downtown Oakland, the rag tag bulshit hotels in berkeley… all except for the only good berkeley hotel which is the Fairmont / Clairmont.
    Tickets tip for where to sit in the gorgeous Berkeley coliseum… the East side on the 40 up high to make it easy to go get the delicious flame broiled burgers and hot dawgs which they cook on open grills which is the only good reason to go to the game… only available on the east side of the stadium up high on the concourse. Don’t be a chimp, sit on that side of the stadium.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,401 Swaye's Wigwam

Tickets tip for where to sit in the gorgeous Berkeley coliseum… the East side on the 40 up high to make it easy to go get the delicious flame broiled burgers and hot dawgs which they cook on open grills which is the only good reason to go to the game… only available on the east side of the stadium up high on the concourse. Don’t be a chimp, sit on that side of the stadium.

But where is the coldest beer in town?
    edited October 2022
    Well they do sell beer at the game, decent choices and there are some good hi tone bars within walking distance Of the stadium

Personally, I like the Korean method of buying Booze at the 711 and drinking it out of a brown bag next to the dumpster
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,515 Founders Club
  • LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,675 Standard Supporter

Do the Jews still sit on top of that little hill?
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    I'll be at a wedding in Sausalito. Worst part is it's a Cal friend, he should know better.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club
    The last time I attended a game at Berkeley was two weeks after 9/11