Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Magical season?

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
What is the Mariner version of a doog?

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When you find an example post it then we can discuss.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

It's been 21 years since they mattered. The franchise has very few diehard fans left. Who cares about if someone is or is not a real fan or delusional about winning the world series? Imagine caring for 162 games each year. It's hard.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Moogs is the answer

I followed close through 2002 or so

I'm guilty as fuck for jumping on this year when

EVERYONE SCORES part 2 against the Jays

ILTCTJ
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's been 21 years since they mattered. The franchise has very few diehard fans left. Who cares about if someone is or is not a real fan or delusional about winning the world series? Imagine caring for 162 games each year. It's hard.
    Do they matter now?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2022
    chuck said:

91% of the fans. I’ll go as low as 81%.
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I'm looking for a specific behavior example.

Is watching because it's fun and you hope they win mooging?
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Do they matter now?
    I actually think this is year 1 of them mattering for a stretch of years to come, if baseball is something you care about.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I'm looking for a specific behavior example.

Is watching because it's fun and you hope they win mooging?
    how dare you
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam

Do they matter now?
    I actually think this is year 1 of them mattering for a stretch of years to come, if baseball is something you care about.
    That was my issue more than the Mariners

The Black Sox scandal really turned me off

But seriously I grew up in the golden era of integrated baseball and always watched the Series. The Mariners like the Hawks came when I was 20. They were never really my teams until they won

Sometime around the Yankees last title I stopped watching. Didn't even watch my Dodgers. Trout and the Angels were also my local team on TV the last decade. Didn't care

Not sure why
    Swaye's Wigwam

Do they matter now?
    What have you won for me lately?

Of course there's no need for the "lately" qualifier when it comes to the Ms.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649

Do they matter now?

But seriously I grew up in the golden era of integrated baseball and always watched the Series. The Mariners like the Hawks came when I was 20. They were never really my teams until they won

Sometime around the Yankees last title I stopped watching. Didn't even watch my Dodgers. Trout and the Angels were also my local team on TV the last decade. Didn't care

Not sure why
    Perhaps it's because baseball is booooooring.

Swaye's Wigwam

Do they matter now?

Not sure why

Yet here you are, with nothing to add except that. Watching it is boring, but you must be exceptionally bored to come to the Ms thread to announce it.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649
    chuck said:

Do they matter now?

Not sure why

Yet here you are, with nothing to add except that. Watching it is boring, but you must be exceptionally bored to come to the Ms thread to announce it.
    I was responding to Race. But you’re boring too.
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Do they matter now?

Not sure why

I was responding to Race. But you’re boring too.
    Ok one note.
  • phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    i have to be honest, i have greatly enjoyed the mariners season and I look forward to the next few years.

Of course, they will probably find a way to hit a new rock bottom starting next year, but 2022 was still fun.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club
    phineas said:

i have to be honest, i have greatly enjoyed the mariners season and I look forward to the next few years.

Of course, they will probably find a way to hit a new rock bottom starting next year, but 2022 was still fun.

I have had a tough time getting into it, which is fine. (For some reason I now lack patience to watch a baseball game).

My step-dad says that no matter what happens today he has had a blast this year and loves this team.
    Swaye's Wigwam

phineas said:

I have had a tough time getting into it, which is fine. (For some reason I now lack patience to watch a baseball game).

My step-dad says that no matter what happens today he has had a blast this year and loves this team.
    They've built a good team. It still needs a shot in the arm to get over the hump, but they did the hardest part by securing 4 really good arms for the near future. Even Ray is still a good rotation arm.

I wouldn't try convincing anyone to watch more. I only saw 12-15 of their games including the playoffs.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Meh it’s about progress.

Yes I get it they didn’t win the World Series and if they suck next year which is definately in the cards then this season is pointless.

Don’t see why you can’t point out actual progress. They have a good foundation, let’s see if they open up the checkbook next year.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Meh it’s about progress.

Yes I get it they didn’t win the World Series and if they suck next year which is definately in the cards then this season is pointless.

Don’t see why you can’t point out actual progress. They have a good foundation, let’s see if they open up the checkbook next year.

They've been opening it up. They have three big contract guys now but have been smart and left room for more. They have an opening at 2b again and I hope they find someone better than Frazier this time. Then they have to upgrade the outfield and quit waiting on Haniger or Kyle Lewis to stay healthy or Kelenic to figure it out.

Offseason WS title incoming...