Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Baseball suspensions-Jesus Montero & more

trackertracker Member Posts: 866
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

"An already disastrous season for Jesus Montero clunked to rock bottom today when he accepted, without appeal, a 50-game suspension for violating baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program in connection to the Biogenesis investigation, MLB announced officially at noon, Seattle time.

Montero was one of 12 players suspended 50 games without appeal. The others are Nelson Cruz (Rangers), Jhonny Peralta (Tigers), Everth Cabrera (Padres), Francisco Cervelli (Yankees), Cesar Puello (Mets), Fautino De Los Santos (Padres), Fernando Martinez (Yankees), Jordan Norberto (free agent), Antonio Bastardo (Phillies), Jordany Valdespin (Mets) and Sergio Escalona (Astros). The final three names had not been previously linked to Biogenesis.

Still no word on the biggest fish, Alex Rodriguez."

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/hotstoneleague/2013/08/05/suspension-looming-for-jesus-montero/

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    tracker said:

"An already disastrous season for Jesus Montero clunked to rock bottom today when he accepted, without appeal, a 50-game suspension for violating baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program in connection to the Biogenesis investigation, MLB announced officially at noon, Seattle time.

Montero was one of 12 players suspended 50 games without appeal. The others are Nelson Cruz (Rangers), Jhonny Peralta (Tigers), Everth Cabrera (Padres), Francisco Cervelli (Yankees), Cesar Puello (Mets), Fautino De Los Santos (Padres), Fernando Martinez (Yankees), Jordan Norberto (free agent), Antonio Bastardo (Phillies), Jordany Valdespin (Mets) and Sergio Escalona (Astros). The final three names had not been previously linked to Biogenesis.

Still no word on the biggest fish, Alex Rodriguez (Mariners, learned from Edgar)."

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/hotstoneleague/2013/08/05/suspension-looming-for-jesus-montero/

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Not disputing the obvious Edgar roiding issue, but wasn't there a report that ARoid (lol!) was juicing in high school?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Montero reminds me of when we used to say that Oregon cheated to win a Sun Bowl. Since revised to lose a natty and win a Rose Bowl
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Montero should be banned for life for taking shitty steroids. If you are going to cheat you might as well cheat right.
  • Options

Not disputing the obvious Edgar roiding issue, but wasn't there a report that ARoid (lol!) was juicing in high school?

Shh...don't be harshing my vibe with facts man.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Where can I get my Antonio Bastardo jersey?
  • Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

I liked John Curley's approach, just admit it and get it out in the open. . .have the announcers share the information as the players come to bat:

"A-Rod's having a great year. . .batting .324 with 24 home runs. This year he's using HGH, Anavar, and Adderall. The switch from Ephedra to Adderall seems to have really helped."
  • Options
    tracker said:

I liked John Curley's approach, just admit it and get it out in the open. . .have the announcers share the information as the players come to bat:

"A-Rod's having a great year. . .batting .324 with 24 home runs. This year he's using HGH, Anavar, and Adderall. The switch from Ephrata to Adderall seems to have really helped."