Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to Fishpo

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,705
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
What were your thoughts about Wade Boggs? The year he hit .370, he batted something like .430 at Fenway and .285 on the road. If you take away the Green Monster was he just an above average hitter? Or do you view him as a Hall of Famer?

I'll take my answer off the air.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,705
    Founders Club
    Within 90 minutes, @PurpleThrobber will probably have Boggs' ex-girlfriend's Playboy pictorial up in The Wam.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,650

Within 90 minutes, @PurpleThrobber will probably have Boggs' ex-girlfriend's Playboy pictorial up in The Wam.

Not as easy to source as one might think.

Margo Stilley has quite the collection though.

• Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Anyone who can "allegedly" drink 107 beers on a cross country flight is a HOF'er in my book...

Baseball-wise, my answer is yes. He used the Monster to his advantage, to great success. He hit .300 on the road as well, all while playing in an era where 3Bs were expected to hit bombs. He was kind of Ichiro before Ichiro, with his approach. Nobody pitches left-handed hitters in at Fenway (Pesky Pole), and he went with what they gave him. Teddy Ballgame stayed with pulling everything, giving us the OG version of the shift.

...anxiously (maybe) awaiting pix
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,650
    Fishpo31 said:

Anyone who can "allegedly" drink 107 beers on a cross country flight is a HOF'er in my book...

Baseball-wise, my answer is yes. He used the Monster to his advantage, to great success. He hit .300 on the road as well, all while playing in an era where 3Bs were expected to hit bombs. He was kind of Ichiro before Ichiro, with his approach. Nobody pitches left-handed hitters in at Fenway (Pesky Pole), and he went with what they gave him. Teddy Ballgame stayed with pulling everything, giving us the OG version of the shift.

...anxiously (maybe) awaiting pix

Damn. that was more work than I initially believed.

Margo Adams was in PENTHOUSE, not Playboy.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1989/03/03/Margo-Adams-took-her-publicity-tour-for-her-Penthouse/5978604904400/