Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Waddles with Nacho

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I'm surprised a morbidly obese guy had the energy for all of that.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,654
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    It's a good thing Daniel Boone had a reciprocating saw. Otherwise we'd have never settled the frontier, killed all the buffalo and laid waste to the red man.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,709
    Founders Club

It's a good thing Daniel Boone had a reciprocating saw. Otherwise we'd have never settled the frontier, killed all the buffalo and laid waste to the red man.

Boone always credited his Sawzall
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Boone always credited his Sawzall
    Boone always had to have a few restored to run his saw though. Mine runs on lithium batteries.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

I'm surprised a morbidly obese guy had the energy for all of that.

After each part, I needed a 45 minute nap and a gallon of cheese sauce to recover.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    good hatchet - I have the hatchet and full size Fiskar - Mrs loved them so much she bought a full size for her self (I am talking about the axe)
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,654
    LebamDawg said:

good hatchet - I have the hatchet and full size Fiskar - Mrs loved them so much she bought a full size for her self (I am talking about the axe)

When one's wife buys an ax, that's not a good thing.

@LizzieBordenDawg, true?

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Grab handle, swing other end of log into boulder or something hard, twisting the hatchet head out of the log. I've never gotten one stuck so badly that I can't twist it out.
    Founders Club

Grab handle, swing other end of log into boulder or something hard, twisting the hatchet head out of the log. I've never gotten one stuck so badly that I can't twist it out.

Now you tell me.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Wood chopping story tim. I brought my hatchet and Fiskars Destroyer hammer with me to cut some of the fire wood from the campground. I left my wood grenade at home.

Everything is going going great on the first day and I’m happily splitting some wood. I’m almost done when I pick up one more piece and it’s got some gnarly knots in it. I put it back down after seeing the knots but then pick it up again because I’m a stubborn mother fucker according to Mrs Nacho who was sitting there watching.

I take a swing with the hatchet and it sticks but doesn’t go very deep (most of us can relate). I pick up the Destroyer and start pounding. After the 3rd strike, I realized my mistake. The hatchet is fucking stuck. I try using the Destroyer to knock the hatchet loose but nothing works. Mrs Nacho laughs at me and says now what?

I have a plan. I forgot some things at home and was driving back the next morning so the wood, looking like the stone in the King Arthur story but with a hatchet, goes in the truck.

Drive home the next day and I spent 15 minutes trying to get that hatchet unstuck. I start with the wood grenade. There was a little movement but not much. I move to my full size Fiskars and think I’m going get it but nope. Finally had to pull my reciprocating saw and cut from the side until the hatchet fell out.

The wood, still mostly in one piece, the hatchet, the Destroyer, and the wood grenade all went in the back of the truck and back to the campsite.

It's not easy to guve in once the train is rolling, but sometimes you just have to punt and burn it how it is.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    Swaye's Wigwam
    But did they beat Finland?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,709
    Founders Club

During our last camping trip (and only camping trip so far), we went to the town of Danville, KY for lunch. The restaurant had this picture next to the urinal so instead of taking a dick pic like I planned, I took a photo of the photo.

Here’s the story about that game.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/upset-of-the-century-tiny-kentucky-college-beat-harvard-football-100-years-ago/ar-AAQ5Zcm

interesting article
    Swaye's Wigwam
    they won because they had two guys named Centre, probably on the OL
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    Swaye's Wigwam

Took the ol’ Airstream out this weekend and completely on its owner plus a small Honda generator. Good timing since the over night temps were in the mid 30s. Used the generator to supplement the batteries and that fucker ran 8+ hours before running out of gas this morning while brewing coffee.

Mrs Nacho is now 110% behind upgrading the truck so if nothing else this trip is great success.

Yeah, man, you can’t tow with a half ton Nissan.

3 / 4 ton Chevy mang !
    Swaye's Wigwam

Took the ol’ Airstream out this weekend and completely on its owner plus a small Honda generator. Good timing since the over night temps were in the mid 30s. Used the generator to supplement the batteries and that fucker ran 8+ hours before running out of gas this morning while brewing coffee.

Mrs Nacho is now 110% behind upgrading the truck so if nothing else this trip is great success.

3 / 4 ton Chevy mang !
    1 ton and it will be useful when you upgrade the rolling house
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    Swaye's Wigwam

3 / 4 ton Chevy mang !
    I have a thing against Chevy. It’s not like I’m a gear head who hates certain brands but it seems like every Chevy I ever drove or rode in as a passenger had a check engine light that was always on.

At the same time, I also recognize that American carmakers make exceptional pick up trucks and that my dislike and distrust of the quality American cars does not extend to the truck models.
    If Toyota made a 3 / 4 or 1 ton I’d say buy that. But they don’t. It’s too bad cause the Tundra plant is in Indiana.