Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Anybody here gone to a concert at the new Coliseum / Key Arena?

BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited October 2022 in Yellow Snow's Record Shoppe
If yes, where do I want to sit/stand?

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Who are you wanting to see live ? I can’t think of a Greta ( shout out @CFetters_Nacho_Lover ) Arena level artist I’d pay to see live right now.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Muse. Tickets go on sale this Tuesday.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,907
    Founders Club
    Find 10-15 friends and get a suite. I rented one for Mrs Nacho’s bday for Kings of Leon and it was a great experience. That was like 2012 or 13.

I saw a concert there in 2016 or 17 and with the commoners. I was shocked at little legroom there was.

• Options
    Founders Club

Find 10-15 friends and get a suite. I rented one for Mrs Nacho’s bday for Kings of Leon and it was a great experience. That was like 2012 or 13.

I saw a concert there in 2016 or 17 and with the commoners. I was shocked at little legroom there was.

Yeah, but this is an entirely new venue at this point.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,907
    Founders Club

Yeah, but this is an entirely new venue at this point.
    I wasn’t sure how much renovation was done.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,081
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just went for first tim a couple weeks ago. I've seen Muse twice now at the old key arena configuration and the stage was in different locations both times. Drones tour for example stage was long and in the center. The prior tour, stage was in one end. So I paid more than I usually like for tickets but if you can get opposite end about 10 rows up it was great. I didn't feel like my ear drums were bleeding by the end of the show and I'm probably too old to be on the floor now. That being said I've always thought the first few rows near the stage would be dope, except the whole ear ringing / hearing loss (I've already lost so much) thing.
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,818
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Who are you wanting to see live ? I can’t think of a Greta ( shout out @CFetters_Nacho_Lover ) Arena level artist I’d pay to see live right now.

Iron Maiden played there Thursday. I wish I could have attended.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,253
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    A couple of buddies went to the opening private show with the Foos. They made a point of going all over the arena, and said that the sound was much improved…
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Having the problem of choosing where I wanted to sit would've been a good problem to have. In the 100 level, but a little further than I'd hoped. Fucking bots and resellers.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2022
    I had to look it up to confirm the date, but the last time I saw live music in Key Arena was Jan 12, 1999, for the OG lineup Black Sabbath reunion tour.

Other than the Gorge, I kinda fucking hate large venues for concerts. All of my favorite live memories are from places like The Crocodile, Neumos, Tractor, etc...

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2022

I had to look it up to confirm the date, but the last time I saw live music in Key Arena was Jan 12, 1999, for the OG lineup Black Sabbath reunion tour.

Other than the Gorge, I kinda fucking hate large venues for concerts. All of my favorite live memories are from places like The Crocodile, Neumos, Tractor, etc...

I saw Oingo Boingo there in 1983 at Bumpershoot. That might be my last time there.
  • Options
    edited October 2022

I saw Oingo Boingo there in 1983 at Bumpershoot. That might be my last time there.
    #metoo
  • Options
    I’ve had good and bad at Key. The best, seating and cash wise, was for Springsteen. Dead center, rim of the upper level, on the rail. 4 rows of seats, directly in front of the tunnel to beer and pisser. My wife is a wizard on the Ticketmaster site…
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Don't get me wrong, I would glady have forked over my allowance money to see the Stones, Who, Zep, AC/ DC, VH, Dead, etc at the Seattle Coliseum back in 70's or early 80s. But all the artists or bands I'd pay money to see in a large venue are either dead or decades past their prime.
  • Options

Don't get me wrong, I would glady have forked over my allowance money to see the Stones, Who, Zep, AC/ DC, VH, Dead, etc at the Seattle Coliseum back in 70's or early 80s. But all the artists or bands I'd pay money to see in a large venue are either dead or decades past their prime.
    I looked briefly at going to see Steely Dan and Steve Winwood, (saw The Dan at the Gorge on their first tour out of hibernation, and it was spectacular) but when I saw it was at White River, no fucking way. Went to two shows there, (Buffett, and Journey/Steve Miller/Tower of Power) and will never go again...3.5 hrs to get out of there, what a joke. The wife has never been to the Gorge, but I'm too old to camp, and too poor to do it right.

I still look to small venue stuff for established favorites, (Paramount, Moore, Showbox, et.al...), but I'm done with the Big Name, Big Venue stuff as well...