Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

For the benefit of duck fans

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,483
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
who have no experience with winning a natty so no experience following it up - Missouri probably isn't better than Oregon. I caught wind of the DAWGS trailing so hit record and watched the 2nd half. At no point did anyone think Missouri was actually going to hold on and win.

It's the 92 Huskies who after a year of domination played close games because they knew they'd win until they didn't after losing their shit talking leader

Georgia is bored. They were were at max against Oregon and have been sleepwalking since

Hard to repeat

In other SEC news

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I was told Georgia was the best team UO has ever faced in the history of their program
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HuskyJW said:

I was told Georgia was the best team UO has ever faced in the history of their program

Did the voices in your head tell you that?
  • Options

who have no experience with winning a natty so no experience following it up - Missouri probably isn't better than Oregon. I caught wind of the DAWGS trailing so hit record and watched the 2nd half. At no point did anyone think Missouri was actually going to hold on and win.

It's the 92 Huskies who after a year of domination played close games because they knew they'd win until they didn't after losing their shit talking leader

Georgia is bored. They were were at max against Oregon and have been sleepwalking since

Hard to repeat

In other SEC news

1939 Tall Firs MBB NCAA champs. 29-5.

1940: 19-12.

NOC what happened last century.

HTH.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I you got nothing to care about no one cares

about Oregon
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    46XiJCAB said:

HuskyJW said:

Did the voices in your head tell you that?
  • Options
    SDCJRSDCJR Member Posts: 195
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    And what National Championship GAME did U dub win?
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SDCJR said:

National championship gaymes are for FAGS.

Football
    After a
    Generation of
    Sensational
    Football

FAGS. Learn the acronym and then FUCK OFF.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SDCJR said:

• Options

about Oregon

No recruit alive today has ever seen the Husky’s have more than one season in the limelight.

You don’t matter until you do.

Washington.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    46XiJCAB said:

about Oregon

No recruit alive today has ever seen the Husky’s have more than one season in the limelight.

Washington.
    Define "season in the limelight"? Because if it's going to the playoffs, neither has Oregon. If it's winning the conference, well we've done that more than once.

And please don't tell me you're pretending today's 15, 16 and 17 year old recruits were watching Oregon football in 2010.
  • Options
    dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

about Oregon

Washington.
    Define "season in the limelight"? Because if it's going to the playoffs, neither has Oregon. If it's winning the conference, well we've done that more than once.

And please don't tell me you're pretending today's 15, 16 and 17 year old recruits were watching Oregon football in 2010.
    Limelight: Season where the rest of the CFB world was paying attention to UW, 2016. The next time a UW target says he's been watching Husky football since he was a kid, poast it. Kids across the country know Oregon football. Facts can be cruel.
  • Options
    dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

about Oregon

Washington.

Limelight: Season where the rest of the CFB world was paying attention to UW, 2016. The next time a UW target says he's been watching Husky football since he was a kid, poast it. Kids across the country know Oregon football. Facts can be cruel.
    This is dumb. You don't have a definition for it so you're just going to base it on your own completely unbiased perception of vibes. The rest of the CFB world paid plenty of attention to UW throughout the Pete era. He got plenty of press. UW spent 8 weeks in the top 10 in 2017, and another 8 in 2018 (including both preseason polls). That's more "limelight" than Oregon has had in any season since 2014 save perhaps 2021.
    Two season brag. Let’s forget the other 20. NOC or knows about UW football. Except Husky fan.

Duck 2022 roster has players from 24 States, all regions. UW, 16.

Like I said. Kids know about Oregon. Facts are hard.

• Options
    46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

about Oregon

Washington.

This is dumb. You don't have a definition for it so you're just going to base it on your own completely unbiased perception of vibes. The rest of the CFB world paid plenty of attention to UW throughout the Pete era. He got plenty of press. UW spent 8 weeks in the top 10 in 2017, and another 8 in 2018 (including both preseason polls). That's more "limelight" than Oregon has had in any season since 2014 save perhaps 2021.
    Two season brag. Let’s forget the other 20. NOC or knows about UW football. Except Husky fan.

You’re the one who said they only have one season in the limelight. We’ve now established they have had at least three.

Facts are hard, indeed.
  • Options

46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

about Oregon

Washington.

24 vs 16 isn’t a huge gap especially if you consider the context of where the last couple of coaching staffs for each school came from.

UW had Pete, Lake and now DeBoer all of them coming from west coast or mountain schools.

Oregon had Taggert, Crystoballz and Lanning who were all from the south although you can say Mario was here for a year under Taggert.

It makes sense the Oregon coaches would be getting more from their previous recruiting areas nationally than UW.
    It’s this but it’s not just this. It would be hard to find two more divergent recruiting philosophies than what Oregon and Washington have employed the last 8 years or so. UW has had a big emphasis on its own state and a development culture agnostic to, and sometimes antagonistic to, recruiting rankings and hype. Oregon does very little recruiting in its own state so it has to cast a wider net, and it has willfully embraced as much hype as it can get, to some real recruiting success.

In the south specifically I do think the relationships/connections of their head coaches has obviously played a big part but even with western coaches their philosophy likely wouldn’t have differed much and the results likely would have been similar, although with a different distribution of where the kids were from.

None of this has shit to do with “seasons in the limelight”.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

about Oregon

Washington.

You’re the one who said they only have one season in the limelight. We’ve now established they have had at least three.

Facts are hard, indeed.
    Facts are hard.

0regon grads or fans lack the academic prowess of UW grads or fans.

Water is wet.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

about Oregon

Washington.

Nobody GAF about Oregon now. It's not 2012
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

about Oregon

Washington.

Nobody GAF about Oregon now. It's not 2012
    Gameday in Eugene 10/22. Good luck in your quest for a Jimmy Kimmel bowl berth