Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A Central Bank Goes Bust

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Buy gold and crypto!
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,463
    I'm more into silver. No crypto. If I can't hold it I can't spend it is my thing.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

I'm more into silver. No crypto. If I can't hold it I can't spend it is my thing.

"If I can't hold a newspaper, I can't read the news."

Not making fun of you, it's definitey confusing.

Also it's worth separating Bitcoin from crypto imo, if you decide to research it more.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,463
    edited September 2022
    Doogles said:

Sledog said:

Also it's worth separating Bitcoin from crypto imo, if you decide to research it more.
    Yeah not a tech savvy guy as far as crypto is concerned but if the net "mysteriously" disappears just how does one redeem/spend crypto? I just think most people know what a minted precious metal coin is but not to savvy on crypto.

I think lead will be even more valuable though.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,697
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

Sledog said:

Trust. I can pay $9.99 a month for Pandora music. Any song I want. I don't own it like a record or CD or even a MP3 download. However, in the 1970s I used to buy at least two record albums a month for say $20.00 which is like $100 a month in today's dollars (why there is not much money in album sales or digital royalties and all the money is in touring). If Pandora tries to screw me, I'm out nothing. With crypto, I'm putting up big money with little regulation and I'm trusting the US government and offshore entities to honor their contracts with me. I'll pass.

I don't have much choice about the government's risk to my investment accounts, but I do trust say Fidelity and KeyBank to honor their contracts with me. A gold or silver mutual fund is safe except for the government and the market risk of the price of gold or silver.