Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

To play devil's advocate..

2»

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Who the fuck are you? ;) <————————- faggoty wink
    Swaye's Wigwam

Now that the alcohol has worn off and the dooginess has subsided reality is sinking back in. Yes KDB did something that CP could never do - beat a ranked OOC opponent and rather easily at that. However on the flip side, CP never had the opportunity to play a beatable OOC ranked team like this MSU squad and definitely not at home. Thanks to our limpdick scheduling from the Sark/Woodward years, the best non-conf opponents that came to Husky Stadium during the CP era were fucking Fresno St and BYU. Saturday's game felt like the 2013 Boise game or the 2016 Stanford game where an over-ranked team came to town and the Vegas oddsmakers saw it coming a mile away.

Don't twist, I'm pumped about the win but there's still a lot to prove. Starting with avoiding a letdown this week against 'Furd.

By the Cult of TBS Metrics, we actually are a more "talented" team than MSU. Don't twist.

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

I think 2016, 2017 or 2018 Washington probably beat the same MSU team we just played at home. And I think it's fair to say that Pete never got this kind of winnable non con, home game.

ATBJBS, I think the early returns on DeBoner show that he might have been able to do better than Pete against Penn St, Auburn or Ohio St. You can't win in modern college football with out of date offense.
    Agree it's fair Pete just never got a marquee non-conference game like this at home. 2016 with their much better defense, especially Pass D, shreds that game like 52-7. 17 and 18 I think win comfortably, though their lack of passing offense could make it interesting. I think 2019 could have even won.

A lot of college football is timing though and taking care of business of what's in front of you and that's what Deboer and company did that Pete could never do on that stage outside of Stanford in 2016.
    Agree @WoolleyDoog .

It's way to early to say if DeBoer is going to be better than Pete (or even Rick) for that matter. Seems like so much of our success is dependent upon a generational QB talent not getting hurt.

But what I like most about the guy so far is that he seems to grasp the best defense is a good offense concept. Imagine Pete's defenses, if the other team got down by 21 points early on and were forced to throw the ball more.
    So pretty much what I said, except when I said it, BTP and Roadie acted like their boyfriends dumped them for another chick.
  • WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

Who the fuck are you? ;) <————————- faggoty wink </p>
    Don’t twist
    Swaye's Wigwam

Who the fuck are you? ;) <————————- faggoty wink </p>
    Don’t twist
    I’m won’t. I’m not a twister
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2022

There is no devil's advocate. We won just like we should have. The energy was back. The crowd was hyped. Everyone gives a shit again. We have gotten a lot better in most areas. DeBoer seems like the real deal. It has been fun.

Now we need to win more games. Hopefully the good stuff continues and the stuff that needs improvement (pass defense, run game, etc) get better. I don't think anybody here thinks we can compete with Bama. Winning 10 and battling for the conference is a good goal and if accomplished, it's a good season.

A recap by a not so technically gifted writer

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/782252-washington-football-remembering-the-epic-win-over-usc-in-2009

“ Homer reached the locker room in time to listen to Sarkisian address the team. The young coach told them it was a day they would cherish for the rest of their lives. In the subsequent weeks to come, Homer saw the impact the win had within the university.”

“People were talking about it all over campus.

According to Homer, professors weren’t bringing up the game in class simply because he was sitting there. In fact, he doesn’t think they knew that a football player was in their midst.”

“I knew we’d be back, I just didn’t think it would be so soon” - Poolboy
    Swaye's Wigwam

There is no devil's advocate. We won just like we should have. The energy was back. The crowd was hyped. Everyone gives a shit again. We have gotten a lot better in most areas. DeBoer seems like the real deal. It has been fun.

Now we need to win more games. Hopefully the good stuff continues and the stuff that needs improvement (pass defense, run game, etc) get better. I don't think anybody here thinks we can compete with Bama. Winning 10 and battling for the conference is a good goal and if accomplished, it's a good season.

A recap by a not so technically gifted writer

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/782252-washington-football-remembering-the-epic-win-over-usc-in-2009

“ Homer reached the locker room in time to listen to Sarkisian address the team. The young coach told them it was a day they would cherish for the rest of their lives. In the subsequent weeks to come, Homer saw the impact the win had within the university.”

“People were talking about it all over campus.

According to Homer, professors weren’t bringing up the game in class simply because he was sitting there. In fact, he doesn’t think they knew that a football player was in their midst.”

“I knew we’d be back, I just didn’t think it would be so soon” - Poolboy
    Relevant. 5-7 is still a real possibility. Just like 2009.
    Relevant. You're too dumb to see it.

We're back baby!