Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It’s nice to have an OC that

Actually game plans and pays attention to details. Never seen an OC actually identify an opponent’s star’s 2 moves that they practiced on. Usuallly our OCs need to review game film after the fact to see what went wrong.

“ Which wasn’t a surprise to Grubb. “Honestly, and I’m not saying this in an overconfident way: I totally expected that. I did,” he said. “I would have been disappointed if [UW tackles Troy Fautanu and Roger Rosengarten] couldn’t have handled [Windmon], just because we had worked and drilled so hard. He had two very specific moves in his pass rush that we drilled into them. I thought they did a great job of defending those two moves.”

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Every player is talking about the difference between Grubb and Gilby.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

You seem to have blacked out for a few years
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2022
    Sources said:

You seem to have blacked out for a few years
    Huh?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Limited data but I don't think there is much question we have actual football coaches here now. Now to see if they can get the players they need to coach to win. Even in this happy purple hangover I cannot shake the feeling that the way we are pursuing NIL is always going to fuck us.

Hate to say it, we should be just happy winning this shit conference. NYE is the real ceiling for this program until uw gets real AD in there
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,750
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

Swaye said:

Limited data but I don't think there is much question we have actual football coaches here now. Now to see if they can get the players they need to coach to win. Even in this happy purple hangover I cannot shake the feeling that the way we are pursuing NIL is always going to fuck us.

Hate to say it, we should be just happy winning this shit conference. NYE is the real ceiling for this program until uw gets real AD in there
    I find extreme calmness in simply accepting this truth, period. We will never be able to overcome an Alabama. Namaste.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    LawDawg1 said:

FireCohen said:

Swaye said:

I find extreme calmness in simply accepting this truth, period. We will never be able to overcome an Alabama. Namaste.
    Key to a happy life is to have low expectations hahah
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,160
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Amazing what can happen when a staff has a gameplan and sticks to it
  • RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 782
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Abundance when the QB can read a D, motion into an advantage, and makes the throws on time and with touch.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,604
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

Swaye said:

This offense is a recruit magnet. I trust deboers evaluations and ability to make players excel quickly.

Uw nil will never complete with blue bloods but, especially with the portal, UW can get talented highly productive players.

Also, good offense even attracts top defenders nowadays. I think deboer will recruit very well.

I don't know if I'd go very well but I do think he'll recruit well enough. He knows how to run a program and select coaches.
    This Kleinholz QB is probably better than any QB recruited by CP or Lake. DeBoer instantly attracted Penix.

CFB is all about the QB carousel and I think DeBoer is well positioned for that scene, probably better than anyone out West besides Lincoln Riley.
    If Penix continues to ball out, transfer QB’s will line up to play for DeBoer at UW. We probably have another next year. I doubt he will go with Morris or Huard.

I think the transfer portal might be one of the best things to ever happen to recruiting at UW

too many talented players get lost in the shuffle in other conferences. bad luck, injuries, bad scheme (look at Jimmy Lake for fucks sake) etc.

if UW has a coach that knows what they are doing, and it looks like UW does, dudes are going to want to come to Seattle and play for him.

If we can pick up just a little bit more momentum in NIL, look out
    USC and UW owe a lot of their success this year to the portal.