Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A Q for the bored re: DeBoner?

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited September 2022
    TheHB said:

We beat a 6-6 Big Ten team! We're going 10-2!! 🙄

We beat a team that won an NY6 and returned everyone

I do wonder how things might have looked differently if Spartacus had its best player. I think the passing game could have been a bigger threat from the beginning. Especially with UW’s god awful pass D.
    Dont think it wouldve mattered much.

Michigan State was rattled and not prepared to play in a hostile environment at all

It was like Sark down in Arizona
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Also beat a team with a historically bad secondary that might have a worse pass defense than Kent State. They cant run the ball and rely on a basketball player to bail out their shitty QB.

MSU is clearly not that good, even if beating them with relative ease was good.

They are closer to a 6-6 team than they are to a NY6 team this year.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

We're not losing to Stanford, take the screenshots.

The consensus here seems to be 8-9 wins. Who are the 3-4 losses to?
    I think this is a 9-10 win team. I'm no Nostradamus, but I see us dropping one of the NW games and @UCLA.

LA problems aside, more man coverage and aggression in the front 7 did allow MSUs QB to get chunks on the ground during breakdowns. My fear is 7th year DTR might have a career day carving us up on scrambles out of the pocket. We survive that, 10 wins for sure.
    So you're a 10 win guy. Of course if Penix gets hurt walking to class this week it's 5 wins. But still. You're 10 wins has losses at UCLA and either Oregon or WSU. Correct?
    Nobody but you thinks 5 wins. Don’t use your own prediction for others. Your shtick sucks and is boring. Make a predicton. Queef something out of that cunt. Bring something other than “Deboer has Penix!”
    I didn’t predict 5 wins you dumb fucking cunt. I said it wasn’t outside the realm of possibilities and many here are saying if. Penix goes down it’s possible. Fuck off and fuck you. Learn to read you imbecile.

Lots of talk here about “we are screwed if Penix goes down” and “the season goes as does Penix”. That didn’t come from me you dumb ass. It’s all over the board.

EMFA
    🥱🥱🥱🥱
    That’s what I thought you’d say. Dumbfuck.
    I knew you would not make a prediction. You said last week 5-7 was a real possibility.
    It was. Fuckwad. Still is if we get a broken Penix
    So I should write you down for 6-6?
    What I say sure gives you menstrual cramps. Take a midol Sally.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

Also beat a team with a historically bad secondary that might have a worse pass defense than Kent State. They cant run the ball and rely on a basketball player to bail out their shitty QB.

MSU is clearly not that good, even if beating them with relative ease was good.

They are closer to a 6-6 team than they are to a NY6 team this year.
    Sounds like we should LIFPO
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

I think this is a 9-10 win team. I'm no Nostradamus, but I see us dropping one of the NW games and @UCLA.

LA problems aside, more man coverage and aggression in the front 7 did allow MSUs QB to get chunks on the ground during breakdowns. My fear is 7th year DTR might have a career day carving us up on scrambles out of the pocket. We survive that, 10 wins for sure.
    So you're a 10 win guy. Of course if Penix gets hurt walking to class this week it's 5 wins. But still. You're 10 wins has losses at UCLA and either Oregon or WSU. Correct?
    Nobody but you thinks 5 wins. Don’t use your own prediction for others. Your shtick sucks and is boring. Make a predicton. Queef something out of that cunt. Bring something other than “Deboer has Penix!”
    I didn’t predict 5 wins you dumb fucking cunt. I said it wasn’t outside the realm of possibilities and many here are saying if. Penix goes down it’s possible. Fuck off and fuck you. Learn to read you imbecile.

Lots of talk here about “we are screwed if Penix goes down” and “the season goes as does Penix”. That didn’t come from me you dumb ass. It’s all over the board.

EMFA
    🥱🥱🥱🥱
    I knew you would not make a prediction. You said last week 5-7 was a real possibility.
    Owen is a possibility and nearly as likely as 5-7. Assuming we forfeit the 3 wins so far. It has happened before.

So yeah, 5-7 is possible as well.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

Winning really gets this site back to form. Let’s keep doing it!

Just wait until we lose to Beavis for the north.
  • HHBruhHHBruh Member Posts: 497
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Jack Hainier was a Portalback
    MelloDawg said:

This season is all Penix. When DeBoer recruits and builds with a QB not from the portal, you may then crown him.

• gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    some of the comments in here are delusional. The success of this team is completely tied to one player more than any UW team the past 20 years+ (since Tuiasosopo). There's dooging and then there's smoking crackrock.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    gmo said:

some of the comments in here are delusional. The success of this team is completely tied to one player more than any UW team the past 20 years+ (since Tuiasosopo). There's dooging and then there's smoking crackrock.

Careful. You're going to make Road55 and BTP have break through bleeding.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,047
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you believe in Deboer you shouldn't think TSIO if Penix goes down. This team can still beat everyone on the schedule with a backup but would probably mean an extra loss somewhere realistically
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited September 2022

gmo said:

You new to college football? Even Bama has known for ten years now that you need a Heisman candidate QB to contend for anything worth a shit. We (maybe) finally get one after years of flame-outs and now the response is to shit yourself and yell about it being uNsUsTaInAbLe?

Okay
    No. Are you?

There is a pretty big difference from contending for a national title and the team completely falling apart and losing to just about everyone.

Care to refute my statement how this team is more reliant on one player than any UW team since 2001? It is not an indictment on anyone, just a reality (IMO). Not exactly sure why that statement makes you hostile, but Okay.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,714
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

That's not a 6-6 team.
    we'll see buddy
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

EMFA
    🥱🥱🥱🥱
    So I should write you down for 6-6?
    What I say sure gives you menstrual cramps. Take a midol Sally.
    Good one. You seem like the upset one in the thread. You are often upset.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    gmo said:

wait you mean the QB is the most important player on the field? Thanks for the insight grandpa!
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

This team was 3-3 before they quit last year. With Jimmy. With Donovan. With Gregory. With Morris as a starter. If Penix goes down tomorrow the Huskies probably go 6-3 or 5-4. ASU and Colorado are awful. WSU and OSU are much less talented than UW. Bay Area schools would be a toss up and UCLA and Oregon would be tall orders. These are good coaches. These kids are bought in. We probably don’t play for the conference title but we certainly don’t fall off a cliff. 10-2 with a healthy Penix and 9-3 or 8-4 without him. This conference is twash. Remember that.

Adding to this, any team outside the top four nationally is at least two games worse for losing a starting QB. Most, not UW IMHO, are much worse than that. USC and UW (scheme), UCLA (Garbers) and maybe Utah (culture) are probably the only three teams that could withstand a QB loss without absolutely cratering in the P12.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428

This team was 3-3 before they quit last year. With Jimmy. With Donovan. With Gregory. With Morris as a starter. If Penix goes down tomorrow the Huskies probably go 6-3 or 5-4. ASU and Colorado are awful. WSU and OSU are much less talented than UW. Bay Area schools would be a toss up and UCLA and Oregon would be tall orders. These are good coaches. These kids are bought in. We probably don’t play for the conference title but we certainly don’t fall off a cliff. 10-2 with a healthy Penix and 9-3 or 8-4 without him. This conference is twash. Remember that.

Adding to this, any team outside the top four nationally is at least two games worse for losing a starting QB. Most, not UW IMHO, are much worse than that. USC and UW (scheme), UCLA (Garbers) and maybe Utah (culture) are probably the only three teams that could withstand a QB loss without absolutely cratering in the P12.
    I'd say the main factor is how dependent the offense is on its QB and its defense.