Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Yella's Rant of the Week - Dogs on Airplanes Edition

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Leave the dogs at the doggy hotel or drive you fucking weirdos.

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Funny. I hang out and golf with my older brother quite a bit. There's a local place we often go to afterward if we play locally. There are always dogs there and it drives him fucking crazy. He'll go off on rants about the same shit talked about above...dogs in stores, dogs on the sidewalk, etc. It is pretty gay.

My GF is heading to Virginia on a real estate venture in a couple of weeks and staying for the winter with our labradoodle. We're trying to decide whether she should drive or fly. I don't know anything about how you tote a large dog across country on a plane. This dog sure as hell isn't sitting in the passenger cabin.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Funny. I hang out and golf with my older brother quite a bit. There's a local place we often go to afterward if we play locally. There are always dogs there and it drives him fucking crazy. He'll go off on rants about the same shit talked about above...dogs in stores, dogs on the sidewalk, etc. It is pretty gay.

My GF is heading to Virginia on a real estate venture in a couple of weeks and staying for the winter with our labradoodle. We're trying to decide whether she should drive or fly. I don't know anything about how you tote a large dog across country on a plane. This dog sure as hell isn't sitting in the passenger cabin.

Be a classy etiquette observing human.

Drive or check the dog into the cargo hold.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Like I said it's not riding in the cabin. I doubt they'd even allow that. I was just wondering if anyone has checked a dog as baggage before and if it's any special kind of pita.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I've seen and heard rat dogs in the cabin. I don't like it, but obviously it's a thing on some airlines. I'm not sure of the weight limit.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2022
    The Throbber is willing to compromise on the dogs on airplane issue -

Fuck little rat kick dogs carried on by trailer trash women. Yappy little cunts (both the trailer trash women and the dogs).

War big ass service dogs like German Shepherds and mastiffs. Or cool dogs like boxers and bloodhounds.

That's just a general rule of life regardless.

Kind of like internet posters.

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    Founders Club
    I sat in first class on a flight to Seattle from Kauai. My seat was next to a guy with a pretty good sized dog curled up at his feet.

Found out the dog was a rescue/recovery dog and the guy didn’t go anywhere without him saying he and the dog were basically always on call to respond to a natural disaster or whatever. The dog slept the entire 6 hour flight and I kinda forgot it was even there.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I'm not a dog person but unless it compromises the safety of the plane or passengers then it's "whatever"

Just don't have your dog all up in my space on the flight. Flew with our cat once when we were moving. It was fine. Flame away.

Besides, this shit is common throughout the globe. @PurpleBaze says take your Falcon on a plane THEN pop off.

https://www.etihad.com/en-us/fly-etihad/baggage/travelling-with-pets

Rules for falcons

Falcons are permitted on board all Etihad operated flights.

You can travel with a falcon for free as part of your cabin baggage allowance, or as checked baggage for US $500 per cage.
    In Economy, you’re permitted to carry one falcon per person, or two falcons per additional seat.
    In First or Business you’re permitted to carry two falcons per person, or three falcons per additional seat.

Yes, that's real

Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Like I said it's not riding in the cabin. I doubt they'd even allow that. I was just wondering if anyone has checked a dog as baggage before and if it's any special kind of pita.

Both of my dogs came off of Kauai and had to be flown back to Seattle. My wife and also brought dogs from the shelter there to Seattle to go to shelters where they had better chances of getting adopted.

The dogs go in a travel kennel and get mildly sedated and are considered checked luggage. Upon arrival, you pick them up at the oversized baggage area.

I don’t know if this is an airline rule of humane society rule, but the dogs could fly direct to the mainland and weren’t supposed to go on a connecting flight after arrival.

I wouldn’t put my dogs through that experience again.

We take the dogs to breweries all the tim so fuck you if you don’t like it. My dogs are also fairly well trained and if there’s a shit ton of dogs already in a place and it’s looking chaotic, I turn around.

People who take dogs in grocery stores are fucking weird.
    I will die on the hill of service dogs only in grocery stores. It's illegal in most cases anyhow I suspect.

On planes I will judge and make fun of people, but at the end of the day it's up to the airline to set policy.

On the brewpubs @CFetters_Nacho_Lover , I'm still team leave to pooch at home, but again it's up to the bidness and I can choose to patronize it or not. I generally find there's more annoying dogs at brew pubs than ones I like.
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I’m NO on planes, grocery stores, and especially the fake service dog ruse…WTBS, we took our pup wherever we could, and weren't entitled dicks when we couldn't get in because of her. When living in Seattle (RIP), we would go to Norm's in Fremont, which is (was?) dog-friendly, and take her to brew pubs and wineries that allowed it. We found a dog-place in Lake City that had TVs, and beer and wine, and mostly went there...
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    Founders Club
    Fishpo31 said:

I’m NO on planes, grocery stores, and especially the fake service dog ruse…WTBS, we took our pup wherever we could, and weren't entitled dicks when we couldn't get in because of her. When living in Seattle (RIP), we would go to Norm's in Fremont, which is (was?) dog-friendly, and take her to brew pubs and wineries that allowed it. We found a dog-place in Lake City that had TVs, and beer and wine, and mostly went there...

I never went to that place in Lake City but it looked pretty fucking cool.

I absolutely refuse to go the service/therapy dog route.
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235

Fishpo31 said:

I never went to that place in Lake City but it looked pretty fucking cool.

I absolutely refuse to go the service/therapy dog route.
    It was cool, especially when raining. They did a lot of stuff there, food trucks, live music, trivia nights, always had a game on the flat-screen...
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

My most hated people in order:

Cyclists
    Fat girls who don't give head
    People who bring dogs on airplanes
    Taliban

Can you, at least, qualify "cyclists" @Swaye ? Mt Bikes have zero impact on you as a motorist. And you don't strike me as a hiking fag who needs to get out of my way on the trails.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    chuck said:

My GF is heading to Virginia on a real estate venture in a couple of weeks and staying for the winter with our labradoodle.

She Gone