Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Expert warns US entering a recession 'unseen like any other'

2»

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Same experts can’t predict the weather the next day. Until the employment data starts showing material weakness, I don’t see a massive recession. Just bunch a fear mongering morons trying to get a hot take.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    FireCohen said:

Same experts can’t predict the weather the next day. Until the employment data starts showing material weakness, I don’t see a massive recession. Just bunch a fear mongering morons trying to get a hot take.

It's still the employers trying to take back the power
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

It's still the employers trying to take back the power
    Yes, but most employers just went through hell for the last 2 years trying to hire people. Because of that most of them reluctant to cut as historically just because hiring them was such a pain in the ass. Most might just eat the lower margin and ride out the storm.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

So a recession worse than the Great Depression? That would be NUTS!

We were a different culture back in the 1930s. In spite of massive poverty, America was basically crime free and orderly. Today, that kind of unemployment would result in Thunder Dome.
    Not so much. We simply had frontier Justice. Eye for an eye if you will. We didn’t have crime report data bases and we had way less police. And a convict had no rights whatsoever. Crime was less. But we weren’t anywhere close to crime free.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,697
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Kaepsknee said:

We were a different culture back in the 1930s. In spite of massive poverty, America was basically crime free and orderly. Today, that kind of unemployment would result in Thunder Dome.
    Not so much. We simply had frontier Justice. Eye for an eye if you will. We didn’t have crime report data bases and we had way less police. And a convict had no rights whatsoever. Crime was less. But we weren’t anywhere close to crime free.
    Well, in the mid 1960s, our white suburb was basically crime free. I don't recall any home or car break-ins. That is far from that today. Also, no one phucked around with the police unless they wanted a wooden shampoo and generally being beaten to a pulp.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Kaepsknee said:

We have changed too much, gone too soft. Even when My father was a cop it was OK to shoot people that ran. Cuts down on all sorts of problems.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,697
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

Kaepsknee said:

We have changed too much, gone too soft. Even when My father was a cop it was OK to shoot people that ran. Cuts down on all sorts of problems.
    I remember the phrase, "Stop or I will shoot". Now, in many jurisdictions you can't even pursue the criminals.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Kaepsknee said:

Well, in the mid 1960s, our white suburb was basically crime free. I don't recall any home or car break-ins. That is far from that today. Also, no one phucked around with the police unless they wanted a wooden shampoo and generally being beaten to a pulp.
    We were talking about the ‘30’s.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

We were talking about the ‘30’s.
    I was taking 50's and 60's. Outside Detroit.