Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Meat versus Dead Meat Game thread

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,690
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
A nice night cap after our DAWGS take Sparta

Comments

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Rooting for meat and his tits vs the nut job cultists
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    How can both teams lose?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Jack-o-lantern on the curb?
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    ntxduck said:

Rooting for meat and his tits vs the nut job cultists

Unwatchable offense, worst special teams unit in the country. The more things change….
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    72 plays. 26 first downs, 375 total yards and 9 points with 2:00 to go.

Peak Mario.

Told ya Creep.
    Van Dyke enters the portal in 3...2...1...
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Mario gonna Mario
    The U at No. 13 was a fraud. Not quite MSU at No. 11 but close.
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2022
    Cal got robbed

Edit: I didn’t watch the game.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

da canes got em a real one. that game set cfb back 20 years, so bad.
    Some Canes fans get it already. Others can’t understand why no downfield passes.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,690
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @creepycoug must be at the beach with no internet
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Sark sure gif
  • JesseisabeastJesseisabeast Member Posts: 60
    At least down in Florida Mario can finally get that boob enhancement
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited September 2022

No, no. Creepy don't play that.

Horrible is the top line. If you tell be before the game that my team's defense will hold the other guy to 17 pts., and w/o a fumbled punt return maybe 10 pts., on the road at their crazy house, run for a buck seventy five with two backs averaging over 5 yds. a clip, just one turnover, I'm liking their chances a lot.

Shit happens. Their receivers are young and retarded, kickers miss field goals, yada yada yada. But these are the things that pissed me off:

Calling Van Dyke's number five times, when the guy is about as mobile as Dan Marino. He's a passer, not an athlete. Why on earth do you call a keeper with that guy on down and distance plays?

Not only calling his number 5 fucking times, but at least twice that I can remember while in the red zone on critical downs. That's the other thing. Miami was in the red zone often enough to have won this game w/ some breathing room, and it was PRECISELY at that point that the play calling got very bad. Gaddis is supposed to be a good play caller. Didn't see it.

Receivers, particularly Redding, and the drops. Ok, they're babies and maybe they just suck. You have three potential NFL tight ends on the roster. You used one once (with success) and never called his number again. And you started using one of the others mid-way to late in the 4th, with time running out. WTF? Charleston Rambo is gone and it's plain to see how important he was to TVD. Mike Harley too.

They have a throw-back punisher at RB in Thad Franklin. The kid is a fucking beast. He got one fucking touch all night. One. I don't understand that.

George is their best young play maker at WR. We? also waited all night long to find him on the field. Meanwhile, we keep targeting Redding play after play. I don't get it. And all this underneath stuff. Christ

O line play is obviously better already, and if you follow Miami you know that's been a problem for a while. He does do that like it or not. I also like what Kevin Steele has done with the defense. I don't expect they'll get run on for 400 yards by Carolina on the same fucking play despite having two defensive ends that now play on Sundays. So there's that, I think.

But fuck you gotta score and I'm not optimistic.

They'll lose to Clemson, of course, probably Florida State, and maybe Pitt and/or Va Tech. I can see a four loss season, probably not worse than that. I think. Frustrating is the word.

DWAGS and Quooks have their cocks in the air I see. Awfully warm for whatever.

• trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    edited September 2022
    Meat has decided he wants to win in a certain way. Dominant OL. Run the ball down yer throats. Kind of like the 1960’s version of football (3 yards and a cloud of dust). Don’t know if he is able to let his OC’s do their job. Didn’t seem like it at Oregon.

I’m not rooting against him. He worked his ass off and recruited like a SOB at Oregon; 3-0 against UW; and won a Rose Bowl.

Wish him well . . . And glad he took some of the coaches with him . . . The D-Line coach and the strength coach (who got more airtime during games than anyone; he had a nose for the camera).
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    trublue said:

Meat has decided he wants to win in a certain way. Dominant OL. Run the ball down yer throats. Kind of like the 1960’s version of football (3 yards and a cloud of dust). Don’t know if he is able to let his OC’s do their job. Didn’t seem like it at Oregon.

I’m not rooting against him. He worked his ass off and recruited like a SOB at Oregon; 3-0 against UW; and won a Rose Bowl.

Wish him well . . . And glad he took some of the coaches with him . . . The D-Line coach and the strength coach (who got more airtime during games than anyone; he had a nose for the camera).

This is a question not a comment. I don't have an opinion on this, hence why I'm asking.

Having followed his recruiting and roster development for a while now would you say he recruits well to the system he wants to run or is he just taking the highest rated kids he can get and trying to fit them? Is that one of the things holding him back or are his offensive ideas just shit in modern times?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    chuck said:

trublue said:

This is a question not a comment. I don't have an opinion on this, hence why I'm asking.

Having followed his recruiting and roster development for a while now would you say he recruits well to the system he wants to run or is he just taking the highest rated kids he can get and trying to fit them? Is that one of the things holding him back or are his offensive ideas just shit in modern times?
    Probably some of both. He clearly likes linemen as we all know that part of his philosophy, so that recruiting is to the “system”, if wanting a big running game is a system.

As to whether he actually overrides his OCs, who really knows. He’s responsible for everything anyway so it doesn’t really matter.

I’d say my biggest concerns with him are conservative and, at times, not always, questionable to bad play calling. Calling TVD’s number to run really ever is retarded on a couple of levels, and on critical down red zone is retarded squared.

There’s no question they are better now than they were without him. He’s a good initial clean-up guy when inheriting a circus. To get to the next level he needs to figure out how to get the ball vertical. It’s going to be uphill this year without Rambo but winners find a way. Use your fucking TEs Meat! He did the same fucking thing at Oregon. And, yes, he stubbornly runs when a pass is the right call. It’s like he distrusts putting the air. We? all want a big Ballz running game because it’s so demoralizing to the defense. But fuck you gotta take what’s there.

Good news: 27 first downs. Bad news: 27 first downs.
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    edited September 2022
    chuck said:

trublue said:

Meat and his staff recruited like SOB’s . . . Worked really hard at it. Definitely love OLineman first and foremost.

Arroyo was his first OC and they ran out of the the Pistol. The QB takes direct snaps with the RB aligned to the right of the QB.

The Pistol is best run with a dual threat QB (Kaepernick @ Nevada-Reno). They run the ball a lot. The QB is in the option, but rarely kept the ball (because of risking injury to Herbert). At the PAC-12 Championship and Rose Bowl, Herbert was not used as a decoy and ran the ball well.

After the 2019 season, Arroyo was hired as HC at UNLV, I believe. Was happy to see him go.

Meat hired Joe Moorhead, a seasoned coach with a winning record as HC (vs. the Jon Don hire at UW). Morehead was fired at Mississippi State after having an above .500 record as Head Coach.

2021 - Oregon’s running out of the Pistol again.

At the end of the season, Meat and Moorhead were out. Meat to Miami and Moorhead as HC at Akron. Morehead couldn’t get away from Meat fast enough. He had a HC position lined up before the season ended.

Essentially, both of them were not focused on the last couple of games, not that it would have mattered against Utah.

Meat has a very strong personality and the fact that he was running the same shit offense tells me he is a great recruiter who tries to recruit the highest rated players to fit into his shit offense.

Imagine what Justin Herbert would have done under a different offense, e.g., a pro style offense where they actually focused on passing the ball.

Herbert was 6’6”, 235 lbs out of high school and did all three sports his senior year so he didn’t graduate early. Top notch student.

Enrolled in the summer of 2016 and learned the playbook. Ended up as the starter after the latest grad transfer was a flop..