Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Still can't get a yard

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
A generational QB is hiding that but still

FIRE HUFF

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    Yes the generational QB got rid of the ball fast and to the right spot

That's what I said
  • FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member Posts: 1,483

That's what I said

He had a very clean pocket. It wasn’t just getting rid of the ball quick. A lot of throws were 15 yards plus.

That said our short yardage game was abysmal. Fire huff if you must.
    Solid point on the pass protection. The coaches and players are using the formations and shifts to throw off the pass rush and have guys running wide open. That's what good coaching looks like

One goal line stand happens and when the DAWGS turned failure into 9 points all is forgiven

To have it happen again is concerning. Then the D once again bails them out with an interception and they STILL can't get in

Then they can't run the ball in the 4th quarter to put it away

Good but we? want great. Plenty of room to improve there

And I must fire Huff
    There’s no doubt this is the single most glaring issue on O. We need to be able to salt games away with a run game and our run game even in non-short yardage situations leaves a lot to be desired. Some of it is definitely a talent in the RB room issue. But we can’t run against light boxes with any predictable consistency, far too many plays getting gummed up at the point of attack where we have a numbers advantage or are neutral.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,824 Swaye's Wigwam
    Love the pass protection, but UW is now one of those soft offenses that can’t get a yard on the ground when it has to.

DeBoner needs to figure that out.

And Huff still sucks.
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    You can't really coach this into guys. It's about leverage. As a shorter guy that wrestled I love tall lanky guys because of the high center of gravity ..I can get underneath pretty easily. Huff is going to recruit the right bodies. Tall at the Tackles and shorter and stumpy at the Guard.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

That's what I said

He had a very clean pocket. It wasn’t just getting rid of the ball quick. A lot of throws were 15 yards plus.

Solid point on the pass protection. The coaches and players are using the formations and shifts to throw off the pass rush and have guys running wide open. That's what good coaching looks like

One goal line stand happens and when the DAWGS turned failure into 9 points all is forgiven

To have it happen again is concerning. Then the D once again bails them out with an interception and they STILL can't get in

And I must fire Huff
    Race gets it

That's what I said

And I must fire Huff
    Rick Fenney Never lost a yard
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

That's what I said

And I must fire Huff
    Is he on the roster? Hurt?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    Goal line running isn't creative and we're probably using the wrong rb's for it.
    Baseman said:

That's what I said

And I must fire Huff
    Not after he and Dean Kirkland did tone in Federal Prison, that's for sure
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,488 Standard Supporter

Baseman said:

That's what I said

And I must fire Huff
    Not after he and Dean Kirkland did tone in Federal Prison, that's for sure
    Prison acapella groups really are the best.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    I mean, there were the 397 passing yards and zero sacks—against the nation’s sack leaders. But go on.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,396 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Goal line running isn't creative and we're probably using the wrong rb's for it.

The line of scrimmage moving backwards a foot won't change with a different RB in