Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Waddles with Nacho

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,829
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I have a weight distribution hitch that helps with towing. My truck still feels under powered though so I’ll be working on convincing Mrs Nacho to upgrade.

All that said, we took her (the trailer, not Mrs Nacho) out on first camping trip today. I’m just now sitting down to drink a beer after we arrived about 2 hours ago.

We’re on the Kentucky River about an hour from Lexington and Kroger Field (#myCats). Nice campground. I think a lot of the folks here would love the Tug and voted for Trump.

One of the first things I noticed driving in was one of @89ute’s sister wives sister and husband are also here.

You should go up to them and yell "Go Ducks!
    And cause potential trauma? No way. I’m too classy for that.
  • Options

Update on our first camping trip. I successfully convinced Mrs Nacho that it’s tim to upgrade the truck.

You promised her no missionary position for six months?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,846
    Swaye's Wigwam

Update on our first camping trip. I successfully convinced Mrs Nacho that it’s tim to upgrade the truck.

Did the pod I sent you help close the sale?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,829
    Founders Club

Didn’t even need to use it.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    El_K said:

Do it like Canadians do. Doggy style so you can both watch the hockey game.

@Canadawg
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,846
    Swaye's Wigwam

But it was there in case you needed it. I was prepared to do a karaoke pod if needed.
  • Options
    Founders Club

But it was there in case you needed it. I was prepared to do a karaoke pod if needed.
    TYFYS
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,055
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    El_K said:

Do it like Canadians do. Doggy style so you can both watch the hockey game.

Sounds like a Saskatchewan thing. Too much Netflix for the BC girls
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Get the new truck quick.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,609
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

YouKnowIt said:

If you live were I live in the Columbia Gorge, you are going to want anything bigger than a half-ton. The half ton has the capacity and power, to pull it, but the wind and sway on a half ton vs 2500 is way different...

A couple of months ago i pulled some friends' 29' Terri trailer down the gorge from the Dalles to Stevenson with my half ton Ram. It wasn't a good idea. They had some heavy shit in the back that I think made it worse, but I didn't feel at all in control of it going over 40. I was just glad I elected to come down 14 rather than trying the freeway. It was a long, slow slog with a lot of pulling over to let people pass.
    Well thanks for giving me a call and stopping by. Dick
    Know where to get the coldest beer along SR 14? Meet there next time.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Our first camping trip is complete. One of the most interesting things about being in an RV is emptying your tanks before leaving a campsite. There’s something special about opening the valve and watching 3 days of piss and shit go through the tube into the septic tank.

We always pooped at the campsite bathrooms. Showered there to mostly.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

YouKnowIt said:

If you live were I live in the Columbia Gorge, you are going to want anything bigger than a half-ton. The half ton has the capacity and power, to pull it, but the wind and sway on a half ton vs 2500 is way different...

A couple of months ago i pulled some friends' 29' Terri trailer down the gorge from the Dalles to Stevenson with my half ton Ram. It wasn't a good idea. They had some heavy shit in the back that I think made it worse, but I didn't feel at all in control of it going over 40. I was just glad I elected to come down 14 rather than trying the freeway. It was a long, slow slog with a lot of pulling over to let people pass.
    Well thanks for giving me a call and stopping by. Dick
    Know where to get the coldest beer along SR 14? Meet there next time.
    I know all the sweet spots