Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,304
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    From everything I have seen and heard, we for a good one... he gets it... and with Tosh coming on... look out
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    He gets it.

Be about it.

Ready to get to work. 👊

Impressive stuff.
  • Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,309
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Presser sport coat too purplish. Hard pass
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I’ll wait until they leave Atlanta next September before I have an opinion.
  • ChillyDawgChillyDawg Member Posts: 1,469
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    247 Sports https://247sports.com/college/washington/Article/HC-Dan-Lannings-contract-details-released-178319880/

Before the University of Oregon Board of Trustees votes on Dan Lanning's new contract, the new head coach of the Ducks contract has been released to the public.

The contract itself will carry out six years, terminating in Jan. 2028. Lanning's contract will be worth a total of $29.1 million over the six years with his salary starting at $4.6 million.

Here's a breakdown of Lanning's payment through the years:

2022: $4,600,000

2023: $4,700,000

2024: $4,800,000

2025: $4,900,000

2026: $5,000,000

2027: $5,100,000

Lanning also has multiple incentives as part of his deal. Here are some of the listed incentives the new Ducks head coach has:

- CFP National Championship: $500,000

- CFP Semi-Final: $250,000

- CFP Bowl: $150,000

- Any other Bowl (must have at least 7 regular season wins): $100,000

Other Performance and Academic Incentives (cumulative):

- Win CFP National Championship Game: $500,000

- Win PAC 12 Championship: $150,000

- Win PAC 12 North Division: $100,000

- 9 Regular Season Wins (does not apply in 13 game regular season): $100,000

- 10 Regular Season Wins: $200,000

- 11 Regular Season Wins: $200,000

- 12 Regular Season Wins: $200,000

- 13 Regular Season Wins (only applies in 13 game regular season): $200,000

- APR 985 or greater (single-year) $100,000

- PAC 12 Conference Coach of the Year $25,000

- AP or Walter Camp National Coach of the Year $50,000

Also included in the contract, Oregon will pay the cost for Lanning's wife and dependent children living at home to travel to all regular season away football games. The school will also pay for any postseason travel. Oregon will also provide Lanning with two courtesy cars.

He also will receive a membership to the Eugene Country Club and the Downtown Athletic Club.

Other benefits of Dan Lanning's contract include up to 12 priority-level tickets to each football game home and away, 16 priority-level tickets to postseason games, and up to four tickets to each home competition of each of the University's other varsity intercollegiate athletic teams. He'll be provided with a premium-level skybox stadium suite located at Autzen Stadium.

Lanning or his designee will determine the suite guestlist for each such home game. Oregon will provide him premium parking accommodations for all football home games. Lanning will also be eligible to receive a reasonable amount of apparel, equipment, and shoes from the University's contracted provider annually. Lanning is also eligible to receive a Nike Elite allowance at the discretion of athletic director Rob Mullens.

The school will pay Lanning $100,000 to cover moving and relocation costs. He'll also be provided up to 90 days of temporary housing.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,997
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Frankly, that's a pretty fucking awful contract. Who were we bidding against, Kansas?
    dtd said:

Frankly, that's a pretty fucking awful contract. Who were we bidding against, Kansas?

When they offered Meat $8.5m, they basically negotiated against themselves and set a new market price.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,304
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Venables is getting 6 a year
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That dude looks stoked to be getting me another beer. It's what he's used to.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,751
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Ok. Let’s hear it now.
    edited September 2022
    LawDawg1 said:

Ok. Let’s hear it now.
    Believe it or not. I wasn’t horribly disappointed offensively in that Oregon was able to move the ball., but made some mistakes. Defense was a complete disaster. Georgia could be that special, but Oregon looked horrible. Not a great first impression. I’ll have more clarity after BYU. But at least right now, I’m definitely trending down on Lanning.