Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cam Rising

is going to need help counting to 5 by the time he’s done at Ute. I respect the toughness but Jesus. He and Covey will slobbering and mumbling in the same Medicaid care facility before they hit 40.

Ute plays hard and you can see the desire to win.

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wtf both of those looked like they crossed the goal line before knee hit the ground. They didn't review either?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    haie said:

Wtf both of those looked like they crossed the goal line before knee hit the ground. They didn't review either?

I didn't pay attention to the first one, but the second one he lost the ball before he crossed. That one looked clear.

They're even on calls at this point. The big catch for Ute that hit the ground was a miss.

That said, Florida will be a non-factor in the SEC. Ute hanging in and might take this one.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,246
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

is going to need help counting to 5 by the time he’s done at Ute. I respect the toughness but Jesus. He and Covey will slobbering and mumbling in the same Medicaid care facility before they hit 40.

Ute plays hard and you can see the desire to win.

I thought Covey was already 40?
  • Options
    edited September 2022

Utah lost the right way

I am proud to be a member of a conference that roots for fellow teams to lose and lose big

Fuck conference pride. Let the SEC SEC SEC teams coattail Bama

I want Washington to win and everyone else to lose

But a gutty performance by our Mountain West Utes

Good luck the rest of the way. We’ll be rootin’ for ya!
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,101
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Utah lost the right way

I am proud to be a member of a conference that roots for fellow teams to lose and lose big

Fuck conference pride. Let the SEC SEC SEC teams coattail Bama

I want Washington to win and everyone else to lose

But a gutty performance by our Mountain West Utes

Yes, I can’t turn my hatred for the other teams off. I think repping a conference is loser shit
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    89ute said:

A few take-aways:

Florida will struggle in the SEC with that defense this season. That said, give me a few #51s and I could do some damage.

Ute will be the class of the Pac this season, clearly. Therefore, they will drop at least 2 in conference.

Someone needs to tell Rising he's balding and should just be a fucking man and get some clippers and set them to 1 NOW. Otherwise he's going to wake up one day and be like the lead singer of the Scorpions with legions of people laughing at him behind his back.

Much respeck to Ute: no matter who they play, they are unafraid. That's what having a ballzy and tuff long-tenured coach gives you. That said, Ute still looking for that signature program win (Pac doesn't count) post-Urbs. Florida not an elite team, but it's a long and tough trip to the Swamp, and this would have been one of those "we beat ________ at their place" wins that would have grown in stature with age as a name win. Rising was money today, but that last pass was ass.

@89ute

What makes it even more maddening is having watched Urban coach the Utes for two years. Players not only didn't choke, they pulled through in the clutch 100% of the time. It was unbelievably facilitating. 100% coaching. The same guys who dropped passes, dropped picks, fumbled and just generally fucked up in the clutch didn't. Instead, they made the play. I can't tell you how many times I turned to my wives and said "last year we would not have converted that" "last year we we would have dropped that" "last year we would not have recovered that". Fucking Urban - he filled the Ute fans heads with expectations that will never be reached. It wasn't the Utes, it was Urban the whole tim.

We? call that the the magic dust, and that guy got in line twice when they were passing it out. I still think he’s probably the 🐐. As much as I love JJ, who IMO was as good as anyone ever as a talent evaluator and builder of rosters, he wasn’t the game day coach Meyer is/was. JJ lost a few very big games at Miami against lesser teams, and therefore really should have had two, arguably three, titles during his run. Urbs doesn’t do that. You’re right: it’s almost cruel that Ute had him even for a short time.