Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What ever happened to...

2»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Cut and cleared waivers
  • StateChampWereUStateChampWereU Member Posts: 39
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

AIRWOLF said:

He originally committed to Eastern Michigan or something. Must be doing his rust belt transfer tour

The soul crushing despair of the Rust Belt probably makes it feel like home.
    @creepycoug
    That Great Lake snow effect shit would kill me. Still, Cincy > Aberdeen.

Aberdeen was looking for something; the town has seen better days to say the least. Watched him play once and didn't quite see it. When I watched Bruener play, I could see it. In the East / West game his senior year, which I recall was a particularly talent-heavy year for Washington recruits, he dominated. I believe Bledsoe and Lake Dawson were in that class, among others, and the Times described Mark in that game as a "man amongst boys". Kid was a fucking animal. You knew he was the shit. Don't recall any of that hype about Joe.

I thought he signed with Tennessee, which, hey, good for him, but wasn't surprised at all that he fell off the face of the earth.

The Bobcats have sent a few more up this way since, but mostly scrubs.

Apparently, Aberdeen isn't tuff enuff. Other than Jason McEndoo (Cooger) and Todd Bridge from Monte, doesn't seem like the Harb has been particularly productive by way of impact players.

Sad. Sad, really.
    Bruener lived in my dorm his frosh year - 91 - and literally just down the hall. I knew the guys living next to him (and Steve Hoffman his rommmate). Bruener comes home late one night and goes to the extremely weird bed with the shelf (Haggett) and lays down. Didn't know it wasn't his room. He lays on the bed next to another dude - who was about 6'2" though skinny. The other dude wakes up - Bruener leaves. They laugh about it later. If you remember those beds/shelves in that dorm, you can only imagine what it would be like to have Bruener pinning you against the wall under that shelf, in the middle of the night, unexpectedly.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428

AIRWOLF said:

He originally committed to Eastern Michigan or something. Must be doing his rust belt transfer tour

@creepycoug

Aberdeen was looking for something; the town has seen better days to say the least. Watched him play once and didn't quite see it. When I watched Bruener play, I could see it. In the East / West game his senior year, which I recall was a particularly talent-heavy year for Washington recruits, he dominated. I believe Bledsoe and Lake Dawson were in that class, among others, and the Times described Mark in that game as a "man amongst boys". Kid was a fucking animal. You knew he was the shit. Don't recall any of that hype about Joe.

I thought he signed with Tennessee, which, hey, good for him, but wasn't surprised at all that he fell off the face of the earth.

Apparently, Aberdeen isn't tuff enuff. Other than Jason McEndoo (Cooger) and Todd Bridge from Monte, doesn't seem like the Harb has been particularly productive by way of impact players.

Sad. Sad, really.
    Bruener lived in my dorm his frosh year - 91 - and literally just down the hall. I knew the guys living next to him (and Steve Hoffman his rommmate). Bruener comes home late one night and goes to the extremely weird bed with the shelf (Haggett) and lays down. Didn't know it wasn't his room. He lays on the bed next to another dude - who was about 6'2" though skinny. The other dude wakes up - Bruener leaves. They laugh about it later. If you remember those beds/shelves in that dorm, you can only imagine what it would be like to have Bruener pinning you against the wall under that shelf, in the middle of the night, unexpectedly.
    Under the shelf? Thought the shelves were under the bed in Haggett. Don't recall any shelves above the beds.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,059
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

AIRWOLF said:

@creepycoug

Sad. Sad, really.
    I bet!

• dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    Standard Supporter

AIRWOLF said:

@creepycoug

Sad. Sad, really.
    Go on...
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

AIRWOLF said:

@creepycoug

Sad. Sad, really.
    I never lived in Haggett, which I recall was one of the worst. They have lots of really nice dorms now down by where Mercer was. And the dorm that replaced Terry-Lander is nice too.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Doogles said:

What do the Dublanko haters have to say now!

Black Hills League Tuff. I always knew he had it in him.

@RaceBannon
  • StateChampWereUStateChampWereU Member Posts: 39
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

AIRWOLF said:

@creepycoug

Sad. Sad, really.
    Under the shelf? Thought the shelves were under the bed in Haggett. Don't recall any shelves above the beds.
    Drawers were under the beds, but back in 91 there were these shallow shelves attached to the walls above the two beds. Hard to imagine without a picture, and it looks like all pics I can find on the internet don't show them. They were annoying and looks like they got removed at some point.