Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Reminder: Do not post other people's content

2»

Comments

• Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Well aren't public statements just that; public? Isn't content public unless one is using that content for financial gain or passing off as ones' own content? I dont see the problem, could you please explain Derek instead of just saying "dont do it ?

I really dont care to paste that shit, I just want to know the issues of legality as it pertains to a fucking hobby bored. Anybody? Derek? I completely respect what youre asking, just curious dude.

read up on fair use. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    How hard is this to understand? Just stop plagiarism people's shit, fuckos!
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Well aren't public statements just that; public? Isn't content public unless one is using that content for financial gain or passing off as ones' own content? I dont see the problem, could you please explain Derek instead of just saying "dont do it ?

I really dont care to paste that shit, I just want to know the issues of legality as it pertains to a fucking hobby bored. Anybody? Derek? I completely respect what youre asking, just curious dude.

So you're saying we can copy/paste content as long as we treat it as educational material and make sure it's not for profit?
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    Founders Club

So you're saying we can copy/paste content as long as we treat it as educational material and make sure it's not for profit?
    It also says it's ok as long as you're using it for parody, which definitely happens here. Poast those fucking screenshots!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!one!!!!eleven!!!!!!!!
  • Options

Just don't cut/paste whole articles. You can copy a few sentences so long as you make comments or criticisms on it. The idea behind fair use is to further society by making it legal to criticize the works of others. If scientists could not report the findings of others they could not disprove anything, and no progress would happen. Just because somebody has paywalled or copyright all over their material, IT IS NO FUCKING BLOCK TO FAIR USE. They can say, "Copyright xxxx, all rights reserved, do not reproduce etc etc etc" Fuck that shit. You can STILL use parts of it under the fair use clause. Learn it, know it, live it...
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Message bored poasts aren't considered articles or premium content are they?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Just don't cut/paste whole articles. You can copy a few sentences so long as you make comments or criticisms on it. The idea behind fair use is to further society by making it legal to criticize the works of others. If scientists could not report the findings of others they could not disprove anything, and no progress would happen. Just because somebody has paywalled or copyright all over their material, IT IS NO FUCKING BLOCK TO FAIR USE. They can say, "Copyright xxxx, all rights reserved, do not reproduce etc etc etc" Fuck that shit. You can STILL use parts of it under the fair use clause. Learn it, know it, live it...
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    If you don't have access to Doogman, it makes this rule much easier to abide.
  • Options
    chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Pretty sure everything that's ever been copy & pasted on here falls under the satire exemption. Now, DJ may not want to deal with the hassle of FOX lawyers breathing down his neck, but that's a different story.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Pretty sure everything that's ever been copy & pasted on here falls under the satire exemption. Now, DJ may not want to deal with the hassle of FOX lawyers breathing down his neck, but that's a different story.

Someone gets it.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

this must be how the debate was ended over global warming.

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Be it Dawgman or anybody else. I've had to delete 3 threads since yesterday with people posting other people's content. If you wish to address something, summarize it in your own words.

The only premium content that should be posted here is Kate Upton and Jennifer Lawrence's Premium

Fucking goon boob.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I believe the law allows up to a paragraph to be posted as fair use. But, like NWA before me, Fuck Tha Polease!
  • Options

I believe the law allows up to a paragraph to be posted as fair use. But, like NWA before me, Fuck Tha Polease!

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

http://www.voki.com/pickup.php?scid=10213220&height=400&width=300