Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Apple Cup 2010 - Introducing Coug fans to Chris Polk

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    Our running backs have been awful since gaskin. This was a great reminder.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,577 Founders Club
    Still the best run of the game was by Locker but it got called back by a phantom hold on Kelemete
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,286 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2022
    Loved this game. Watched it at a packed watch party at Sharkeez in Manhattan Beach when I was a young lad. Some blacked out chick found out I was a "Coug" and poured like five drinks on me as she struggled to maintain consciousness and the game unfolded while I explained to her I was the biggest fucking Husky fan there all night and rejoiced in the glory that was Chris Polk and that game. Make My Life Great Again.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,596
    Versus was a weird network but they always did a great job with on field/crowd mics to make every game feel bigger than it was.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

Polk is one of my all-time favorites. I still don't think he gets the love he deserves as one of UW's best backs ever.

Agreed.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

Polk is one of my all-time favorites. I still don't think he gets the love he deserves as one of UW's best backs ever.

War Daddy
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,286 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

TheHB said:

Agreed.
    He also came back for an extra year when he didn't need to. I've always hoped his shoulder issue was unrelated.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I was going to say “I miss Washington “ but then realized we sucked ass in 2010.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,102 Swaye's Wigwam
    Jeez. Watching that, a quick reminder of how horrible Holt defenses were.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    TheHB said:

Too much fluffing of locker during the same time took away from his appreciation.

Also it always seemed like he wasn’t afraid to say stuff or speak his opinion which the coaches probably hated when they were trying to prove locker was an nfl qb but Polk was clearly the best player on the team.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

TheHB said:

Agreed.
    He also came back for an extra year when he didn't need to. I've always hoped his shoulder issue was unrelated.
    I go back and forth between Polk, Sankey amd Gaskin as my favorite. They were all amazing and each brought . Polk gets a little bump and usually lands at the top of the list for me because, after the debacle at Oregon his freshman year, I didn't expect much out of him. Then he showed up amd hit LSU in the mouth and was one of the best players on the field.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam

Polk was the most physical. Initiated contact with bad intentions.
    Sankey was the best blend of speed and power
    Gaskin was amazing at never losing yards. Always finding a hole and hitting it as hard as he could.
    I loved all three and curse Bonerpopper for being such a shitty recruiter the last three years. A decade of greatness that rivals the 90’s of Lewis, Kaufman, Neal, Dillon and Shehee. Now? Our top two RBs are transfer castoffs. Butt fuck it’s sad to see.

Cuog coed agrees.
  • SwisherSweetboySwisherSweetboy Member Posts: 572 Standard Supporter
    Wow I'll have to dig that game up and watch it again... to see if we actually fielded a defense that night. You can't waste a back like that and almost lose in the last play of the game. Jesus.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,510 Founders Club

Sark loved to abandon Polk to showcase Locker and blow games. #thescript

I don't think I have the phone anymore, but on it was an epic text exchange between me and DeLarry about this very thing about 10 years ago. There was a UCLA game that gave both of us aneurysms.