Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How did Michael know it was Hyman Roth?| Michael Corleone VS Hyman Roth

Comments

• StateChampWereUStateChampWereU Member Posts: 39
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    I've seen the original GF but forgot Pacino plays Michael C. This makes the Pacino I grew up with look OLD.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I never liked GF 2 as much as the first one. These explanations reveal why. The plot is quite a bit more complicated than part one and the viewer is left to figure out a lot of it. There are more statements like "if what I think happened just happened" or "let him go, I've already made my plans" without any immediate verbalization of what those statements mean. It's all there, but you have to be paying attention to detail or you'll miss a lot of what's going on until after it happens, or even completely miss things that explain motive or strategy.

Is 2 better than 1? I don't think so. It's more subtle and complex and more interesting in some ways. If you miss some of this shit it's not as entertaining though.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

I never liked GF 2 as much as the first one. These explanations reveal why. The plot is quite a bit more complicated than part one and the viewer is left to figure out a lot of it. There are more statements like "if what I think happened just happened" or "let him go, I've already made my plans" without any immediate verbalization of what those statements mean. It's all there, but you have to be paying attention to detail or you'll miss a lot of what's going on until after it happens, or even completely miss things that explain motive or strategy.

Is 2 better than 1? I don't think so. It's more subtle and complex and more interesting in some ways. If you miss some of this shit it's not as entertaining though.

You make great points, but the going back into time and seeing DeNiro in that young GF role is just awesome
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

You make great points, but the going back into time and seeing DeNiro in that young GF role is just awesome
    Agree. All of the prequel stuff is the highlight of #2.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @chuck is clearly not worthy of the GF higher discussion bored with me and the Kewg In Miami

@creepycoug
    Swaye's Wigwam

@chuck is clearly not worthy of the GF higher discussion bored with me and the Kewg In Miami

@creepycoug

Nobody with ties to Cuba or Miami gets an opinion on this topic due to obvious bias.
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I guess after watching both 81 times I didn't think of plot holes or confusion

I go back and forth but generally go 1. Then watch 2 and think about it again

I just love the mood and texture of both. None of that 85 minute video feel
    So you’re saying they aren’t “slow” ?

Dipshits.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited August 2022

chuck said:

This. The GF is an experience as much as anything. Does as good a job of transporting you to another time as any movie I've ever seen.

Fortunately, my wife hates it. I say fortunately, because she's one of these people who pays 85% attention to any movie she watches and then starts in with the questions. WATCH THE FUCKING MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

If she were to sit down and watch GF with me, we would no doubt be heading to the divorce lawyers next.
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

This. The GF is an experience as much as anything. Does as good a job of transporting you to another time as any movie I've ever seen.

Fortunately, my wife hates it. I say fortunately, because she's one of these people who pays 85% attention to any movie she watches and then starts in with the questions. WATCH THE FUCKING MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

If she were to sit down and watch GF with me, we would no doubt be heading to the divorce lawyers next.
    Separate viewing devices saved our marriage @creepycoug . Plus greasy Slavs just don't understand the Godfather.