Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark update

2»

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

godawgst said:

haie said:

It's so delicious that K is going down with that ship.

To his credit It's at least one more year than had he stayed on the SS Jimmy Lake.
    Great point that nobody talks about. Turns out it was the smart move.
    If you're fine with one last payday before going back to coach at Montana State (which may very well be his plan even if he wasn't getting dragged around the field for 4 quarters in Austin).
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

To his credit It's at least one more year than had he stayed on the SS Jimmy Lake.
    If you're fine with one last payday before going back to coach at Montana State (which may very well be his plan even if he wasn't getting dragged around the field for 4 quarters in Austin).
    He wasn't going to get anywhere by staying at UW another season. There were probably better options than joining Sark, but UW wasn't one of them and I doubt any offered the same payday.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

He wasn't going to get anywhere by staying at UW another season. There were probably better options than joining Sark, but UW wasn't one of them and I doubt any offered the same payday.
    He finished his UW career getting absolutely steamrolled by a done Stanford team. So yes, he wasn't getting anywhere here either.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

I think that was his plan. He went to Austin with a timeframe of how long he'd be there just like Pete did here.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2022
    haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

He finished his UW career getting absolutely steamrolled by a done Stanford team. So yes, he wasn't getting anywhere here either.
    Someone has a sandy vag over K leaving.

But

WDWHA.
    Sark must have read that his Sept. schedule is rated the second most difficult in CFB.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

But

WDWHA.
    Yeah, go squirt some more eggs all over the Tug.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I recently met a guy who played with Sark at BYU. Said he was a good guy who got in to some substance abuse problems beyond just drinking (pills) which was kind of a no duh comment but he was just making conversation. I also got a little vibe of Sark not being Mormon being an issue with some guys on the team. Of course I also pointed out that their sole loss in 96 came at the hand of my Dwags!
    haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

But

WDWHA.
    Time for another Manpon, Haie?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2022
    46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

But

WDWHA.
    Yours shoved up in there yet over Meat embarrassing your school?

You know, the one who couldn't develop talent.

Won a rose bowl and recruited people to Shitgene, but is clearly inferior to the Georgia Keg Runner.

I don't hate K, I just think the defense success was more Pete than him. And the results seem to back that up.

And so his Texas results weren't an outlier and Sark is probably going to throw him under the bus. He did give up a lot of points at times. 45+ to eastern in 2014.
    haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

But

WDWHA.

Won a rose bowl and recruited people to Shitgene, but is clearly inferior to the Georgia Keg Runner.

I don't hate K, I just think the defense success was more Pete than him. And the results seem to back that up.

And so his Texas results weren't an outlier and Sark is probably going to throw him under the bus. He did give up a lot of points at times. 45+ to eastern in 2014.
    Translation: Coach K left me at the alter.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    he's bringing an 'alabama culture' to the horns!

When they get off the bus, nobody in college football looks better. Then they play you, and it all comes back down to earth. Bottom line, there’s no dressing it up — they didn’t play hard defensively last season. I don’t know if it’s because they didn’t have all the pieces they needed or there was a cultural issue transitioning from the last staff, but they either chose not to play hard or didn’t know how to. Either one is possible.

maybe sark just hasnt had enough tim to get his guys in there? or maybe he isnt a good coach? third times a charm?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

But

WDWHA.

Translation: Coach K left me at the alter.
    He's done amazing since then I hear. Speaking of being left at the alter, since we have a duck here you wanna explain to everyone what that's like?