Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Johnny Q - Husky Marching Band under Bill Bissell

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,149
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    None of you care, but they should have cut after the 4th note and done a second take. Secondly, talk about dragging tempo between the opening and closing, am I right?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Crazy 8s. Fun band.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

None of you care, but they should have cut after the 4th note and done a second take. Secondly, talk about dragging tempo between the opening and closing, am I right?

No
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Crazy 8s. Fun band.

We used to see them pretty regularly. Saw them with a band called Molasses at the Phoenix Underground. The DJ from Northern Exposure owned it and was there. Big celebrity encounter for young Chuck just learning his way around the city.
  • Options
    chuck said:

Crazy 8s. Fun band.

We used to see them pretty regularly. Saw them with a band called Molasses at the Phoenix Underground. The DJ from Northern Exposure owned it and was there. Big celebrity encounter for young Chuck just learning his way around the city.
    Enjoyed Northern Exposure. Check out the Brick if ever in Roslyn. I suggest the burger with cheese.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

chuck said:

Crazy 8s. Fun band.

Enjoyed Northern Exposure. Check out the Brick if ever in Roslyn. I suggest the burger with cheese.
    It was pretty good. Mainly I wanted to hate-bang Maggie and punch Joel in the face.

I dont always like my burgers with cheese. Do they have pepperjack? Will they be annoyed if I ask for it dry?
  • Options
    StateChampWereUStateChampWereU Member Posts: 39
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    MelloDawg said:

chuck said:

Crazy 8s. Fun band.

The pizza place there is great, but order early.
  • Options

MelloDawg said:

chuck said:

Crazy 8s. Fun band.

The pizza place there is great, but order early.
    Follow it up with a sweet treat from the ice cream spot next door. Perfect day, frankly.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

chuck said:

Crazy 8s. Fun band.

I loved the show so much back in the day, but discovered a few years ago that it doesn't hold up over time
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

MelloDawg said:

chuck said:

Crazy 8s. Fun band.

I loved the show so much back in the day, but discovered a few years ago that it doesn't hold up over time
    You're right. It sucked
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

MelloDawg said:

chuck said:

Crazy 8s. Fun band.

It was pretty good. Mainly I wanted to hate-bang Maggie and punch Joel in the face.

I dont always like my burgers with cheese. Do they have pepperjack? Will they be annoyed if I ask for it dry?
    And spit your chew in the trough under the bar.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    Founders Club
    edited August 2022

MelloDawg said:

chuck said:

Crazy 8s. Fun band.

You're right. It sucked
    I think it was one of those things where I loved the concept of the show, but the execution was always lacking. Chris was a cool character. Joel and Maggie bickering could be fun at times. Etc.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

MelloDawg said:

chuck said:

Crazy 8s. Fun band.

You're right. It sucked
    I think it was one of those things where I loved the concept of the show, but the execution was always lacking. Chris was a cool character. Joel and Maggie bickering could be fun at times. Etc.
    Sometimes it also depends on your station in life

For example my sister and her ex husband were big into Friends. I hated that dumb show. She was telling me the other day how she's been watching Seinfeld and how great it is. No shit. Back in the 90s said she didn't like Seinfeld but know loves it and tepidly admits friends isn't great.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

MelloDawg said:

chuck said:

Crazy 8s. Fun band.

Dream come true for me. Who doesn't crave a dip of fresh Cope after a good burger? Asking for a paper cup is so tacky. I'm there.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

MelloDawg said:

chuck said:

Crazy 8s. Fun band.

You're right. It sucked
    It had plenty of good moments. Maurice and the other angry vet (Adam?) were funny at times. I thought a lot of others were boring. I haven't watched it since it ended and can't remember too many specifics.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

MelloDawg said:

chuck said:

Crazy 8s. Fun band.

You're right. It sucked
    Sometimes it also depends on your station in life

For example my sister and her ex husband were big into Friends. I hated that dumb show. She was telling me the other day how she's been watching Seinfeld and how great it is. No shit. Back in the 90s said she didn't like Seinfeld but know loves it and tepidly admits friends isn't great.
    The only redeeming thing about Friends was and still is Jennifer Anniston.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

MelloDawg said:

chuck said:

Crazy 8s. Fun band.

I thought that was for urine. My bad.