Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Inflation about to get way worse

2»

Comments

• HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    HHusky said:

You may be right, for once, Race.

I mean, look at that jobs report!

That jobs report where a bunch of people were
    getting 2nd jobs and the number of full-time jobs went down? And showed people’s salaries were effectively shrinking 5%? And the labor participation rate decreasing?

It’s grand…the economy is grand…everything is grand…you should lever up, mortgage everything including your mobile home, and keep buying the dip. Put your meager $$$ where your mouth is, at least when it’s not tempting the monkeypox fate…
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited August 2022

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

When Walmarts laying people off that's a clue

Good thing we just added 528,000 jobs then.
    Gas went down this week too.

It's still $2.00 higher than a year ago.

Fuck off.

Yeah but you'll be saving a dollar on your meal for labor day versus 3 months prior

Or probably not because food is worse than ever. But maybe saving on the gas it took to pick up the food

#winninf
    Wait just kidding. My rent is going up like 300 bucks. I thought we peaked lol

Bastards found out I finally got my under desk treadmill in
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Fuck off.

Yeah but you'll be saving a dollar on your meal for labor day versus 3 months prior

Or probably not because food is worse than ever. But maybe saving on the gas it took to pick up the food

#winninf

My 21-year old niece in Arizona is living with four friends in a 3 bedroom apartment. I feel bad for people that age trying to get a foothold right now. Or anybody for that matter.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Rents went down a good 40% in Tucson and Phoenix around 2009. I didn't have a home then being quite poor, but assuming it was the same.

They started to try to make it up around 2018.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Charles Payne had breakdown of the 528K JOBS! The vast majority were part-time and then second jobs. The economy is F'n roaring guys and inflation is going down, down, down like Dazzler on Joey.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Fuck off.

#winninf

My 21-year old niece in Arizona is living with four friends in a 3 bedroom apartment. I feel bad for people that age trying to get a foothold right now. Or anybody for that matter.
    No one cares about those dorks. Millennials let's goo
    Founders Club

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Fuck off.

#winninf

Pics?
    Her pic is actually somewhere in the Wam. I was accused of trying to entrap people into bannings. This was about 3-4 years ago.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Paul's right but only because we could be in for deflation from recession which ... is probably worse.

Won't stop Biden from taking credit I'm sure.
    Founders Club

Paul's right but only because we could be in for deflation from recession which ... is probably worse.

Won't stop Biden from taking credit I'm sure.
    Biden Admin knows if they cut back on demand then inflation will drop. Of course, people lose jobs and businesses go under in the process.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Fuck off.

#winninf

Pics?
    Her pic is actually somewhere in the Wam. I was accused of trying to entrap people into bannings. This was about 3-4 years ago.
    The difference between 3 and 4 years ago for a photo of a 21yo is pretty significant
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

You may be right, for once, Race.

I mean, look at that jobs report!

That jobs report where a bunch of people were
    getting 2nd jobs
    and the number of full-time jobs went down? And showed people’s salaries were effectively shrinking 5%? And the labor participation rate decreasing?

It’s grand…the economy is grand…everything is grand…you should lever up, mortgage everything including your mobile home, and keep buying the dip. Put your meager $$$ where your mouth is, at least when it’s not tempting the monkeypox fate…
    No. In fact, that was the statement of AOC when Trump had positive job reports.