Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Are we Recruiting again? Fischer of Men Recruiting Thread - (Thread links)

Comments

• MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 920
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Another “diamond in the rough” lowly rated recruit

Has the size so you never know with the trenches …

Can’t wait to see DeBoer getting crowned for this one

When someone actually "crowns" him for anything, including recruiting, you'll have a valid point. You can't seem to tell the difference between assessing a recruit's film and seeing positives, in spite of a low star rating, and "crowning" the coaching staff.

It's not an either/or choice between cliche sarcasm ("another diamond in the rough" or "stole another mtn west recruit") and crowning the coach for getting commits that Oregon or USC didnt offer. There's plenty of ground in between. Realdawg and Dan Raley, and a lot of dm.com posters, have a hard time finding that ground too. They're just coming from the opposite side as you.
    I’m ripping the Discord people that can’t be balanced at all

His measurables say he has a fighting chance

I haven’t watched his film because I typically don’t until they sign

My point is that if you look at the ratings he’s outside the Top 100 and has a circa 85 composite rating

If we’re being honest statistically this is the type of recruit that isn’t successful in a P5 program and usually transfers out to a G5 or eats up a scholarship until he gets his degree

There’s a decent number of players in this class that fall into this bucket …

We’ll know more obviously in a few years

Let’s just be objective about what is transpiring
    He's getting some low hanging fruit. They could turn out to be Sark-like or Petersen-like. I'd rather see more consensus 4* guys and less low hanging fruit too. I just don't like to comment about individuals until I've at least seen some highlights.

I thunk most here are pretty objective. What I see transoiring is that there is a pretty broad tier of recruit that is simply out of UWs market eight now and it doesn't matter where they're from. The staff is casting a wide net and scouring for the few blue chips out there who will give UW an earnest look. Seems to me they're doing a good job of that. If the big inside LB recruit, Jackson I think, and the safety (Sanford?) commit I'll be fairly impressed with who they've gotten given the handicaps. Still some work to do but this class looks solid for the first full cycle.
    To be clear I don’t criticize recruits personally … if you’re getting a UW offer and you know that that could be out punting your coverage so to speak … I don’t blame anybody for taking that offer

I’m critical of taking low hanging fruit for a number of reasons

I agree with the areas that UW has shortfalls … it needs to be addressed

I also agree that I see the staff working hard … but it’s also why the low hanging fruit is frustrating
    They may not be highly ranked but they aren’t Portland State and Montana type prospects either.
    Maybe we could use some Montana level players...
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2022
    Looks like we let "silent commit" Jordan Sanford get away by letting him think about it for too long

Getting your pocket picked in recruiting by Texas Tech is always special
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Looks like we let "silent commit" Jordan Sanford get away by letting him think about it for too long

He is the first visitor from St DeBoer's Day to not commit to UW.

Wonder if they're content with 1 safety this year (Holmes) or if they'll go after a local kid. Or maybe the portal again.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

That better not happen with Victory Johnson.
    Standard Supporter

That better not happen with Victory Johnson.
    From what I've read, it sounds like Victory Johnson may have needed to get caught up in the classroom. I also don't think we have much competition in landing him
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,349
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

We can't get any kids who grew up in Seattle to stay here to play college football.

Might as well compliment WNBA players to try to make the slogan relevant
    DeJounte Murray is doing much more for "Loyal to the Soil" than UW is right now.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Looks like our WR class is going to be:

Rashid Williams - 90 on 247
    Taeshaun Lyons - 89
    Beni Ngoyi - 86
    Keith Reynolds - 84

One of the national 247 analysts said Ngoyi is going to get a bump in his rating soon. That's a solid haul for Shephard's first class here and hopefully this is the floor for what he can do at UW.

Looks like we either let Ngoyi think about it too long or are looking elsewhere. All the crystal dongs have swung back to Iowa State.
    Sounds like Lyons is going to ND now, too.

Guess it's back to the portal
    Standard Supporter

Looks like our WR class is going to be:

Rashid Williams - 90 on 247
    Taeshaun Lyons - 89
    Beni Ngoyi - 86
    Keith Reynolds - 84

One of the national 247 analysts said Ngoyi is going to get a bump in his rating soon. That's a solid haul for Shephard's first class here and hopefully this is the floor for what he can do at UW.

Looks like we either let Ngoyi think about it too long or are looking elsewhere. All the crystal dongs have swung back to Iowa State.
    Sounds like Lyons is going to ND now, too.

Guess it's back to the portal
    Yeah, as much fanfare as our new WR coach received, he hasn't done as well the recruiting trail as I thought he would. I think he'll be a great developer and hopefully the recruiting will come with it
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Recruiting high end players won’t change as long as we don’t bring the money to the table
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,349
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2022
    He's going to be a 4 star soon. Just like the coaches already knew he was.

Huard is fucked at UW.