Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Positives after the Hawaii game...

whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam
At least we'll have a better record than Oregon from Week 2 to Week5!!!

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    there weren't many. John Ross was probably the biggest one
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,559 Founders Club
    edited August 2014
    Not to Doog it up, but there were several new skill position guys, a totally new q.b., 3/4 of a new secondary, and a new staff and system. I also didn't forsee massive 50 pt. win going in. That said, the minimum acceptable point spread would have been 14 or so.

Knowing how much Boise CC's d tanked and the 25 yd. wr cushions, that Kwitkowski guy or whatever the hell is name is is already on really thin ice. He had better not get three years to stall like Holt got.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    if we were dominating on both lines and still couldn't do much because lindquist sucked, I would've maybe understood it. We were getting dominated on both lines by shit tier mountain west competition. That was why it was so disconcerting
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited August 2014
    dhdawg said:

if we were dominating on both lines and still couldn't do much because lindquist sucked, I would've maybe understood it. We were getting dominated on both lines by shit tier mountain west competition. That was why it was so disconcerting

Lineman can sleepwalk too.

If our line is blown away in the Eastern or Illinois scrimmages I'll be concerned. If the Georgia State lines dominate us I'll just DIAFF already.
  • HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,958

Not to Doog it up, but there were several new skill position guys, a totally new q.b., 3/4 of a new secondary, and a new staff and system. I also didn't forsee massive 50 pt. win going in. That said, the minimum acceptable point spread would have been 14 or so.

Knowing how much Boise CC's d tanked and the 25 yd. wr cushions, that Kwitkowski guy or whatever the hell is name is is already on really thin ice. He had better not get three years to stall like Holt got.

It did seem to me that they gave less cushion in the 3rd and 4th quarter (that might have just been because of the patron, however). I am hoping they were just worried about the freshman db's getting burnt deep and that they expected the line to get more of a push. Now, if we see the Eastern Qb throwing 3 yard passes with the DB's 10 yards away, then I think we have a problem.
  • Mike_HonchoMike_Honcho Member Posts: 214
    dhdawg said:

Hawaii did a lot of blitzing because they knew how inept Lindquist was.

Our O line wasn't great but a decent QB would help them out some

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    I *heart* this board after a moral loss.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,919 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheGlove said:

I *heart* this board after a moral loss.

FO, G.